Habs VS. Lightning : GAME THREAD

Yup Brobin, you're right I'm bringing everyone down with my positive attitude.

No you are being me down with your constant bashing of other posters who don't share your optimism. They have a right to their opinion too...

For the record, I am very happy we are playing better, but Price has not proven he is back and we have played two weak teams with very favorable reffing.

I want to see us beat Buffalo with a full 60 minutes before I start getting excited. When I see a cocky Price playing like Ramo just did, I will be looking forward to the playoffs.

:)

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They played 60+ minutes. Even if it's against TB, I'll gladly take the W

I'd say about 50-55 minutes. They shut it down a bit when they let the Lightning back in. Started losing some battles and turning the puck over for a bit.

Price has been alright for his past few starts. His play has been blown up recently - look at tonight's game, he played alright, let in no real softies, but he's the one that'll get the blame. Besides, he's been benched two times, once Halak ran with it and then got the flu, the other time (Toronto) Halak had a mediocre game. Price is the guy who should be getting these starts.

On basis of what should he be getting those starts, his recent play? Tonite he was actually strong and in general I have faith in Price, BUT if you looked at this without bias you'll have to admit that he has been clearly favored ahead of Halak in terms of playing time, even while Halak is clearly in better form since the All Star break, and stole this team a bunch of games we had no business being in.

No you are being me down with your constant bashing of other posters who don't share your optimism. They have a right to their opinion too...

For the record, I am very happy we are playing better, but Price has not proven he is back and we have played two weak teams with very favorable reffing.

I want to see us beat Buffalo with a full 60 minutes before I start getting excited. When I see a cocky Price playing like Ramo just did, I will be looking forward to the playoffs.

:)

I don't care if people have differing opinions, but calling someone a beached whale and blaming someone for things that aren't their fault, I'm gonna defend them.

Hey, we could have sat back after the 1st goal and just get lulled into a loss like so many times this season.

They played 60+ minutes. Even if it's against TB, I'll gladly take the W

Birthday gifts rules!

Passionate Habs fans of the world, UNITE! This is where hardcore lives.

On basis of what should he be getting those starts, his recent play? Tonite he was actually strong and in general I have faith in Price, BUT if you looked at this without bias you'll have to admit that he has been clearly favored ahead of Halak in terms of playing time, even while Halak is clearly in better form since the All Star break, and stole this team a bunch of games we had no business being in.

Same could be said for Price and the entire 1st half of the season, and it just happens that's where Gainey is putting his faith. We won, getting better, be happy!!! Halak blew it last time out didn't he?

While I believe Halik would be playing better then Price if he got this many starts so he could get in a groove, the fact is that Gainey will stick with Price and start him in the playoffs. If Price doesn't get much better fast, we will be in trouble. It will be like last year when by the time they put Halak in during the playoffs, he had more rust on him then a 1998 Grand Caravan.

So at this point, all you can do is pray that Price works his way back to full confidence down the stretch. Hoping for Halak to get a real shot to establish himself as our playoff starter is bound to lead to disappointment.

On the basis that he's our best goalie and that Halak never managed to steal the job from him when he had the chance - except for the four-game winning streak that was unfortunately ended by the flu. With Price playing alright (but not great) and Halak also playing alright (but not great), Price is definitely the guy to play. He's both better now and promises to be better in the future.

While I believe Halik would be playing better then Price if he got this many starts so he could get in a groove, the fact is that Gainey will stick with Price and start him in the playoffs. If Price doesn't get much better fast, we will be in trouble. It will be like last year when by the time they put Halak in during the playoffs, he had more rust on him then a 1998 Grand Caravan.

So at this point, all you can do is pray that Price works his way back to full confidence down the stretch. Hoping for Halak to get a real shot to establish himself as our playoff starter is bound to lead to disappointment.

Maybe with the team playing better in front of him, that will push Price to focus more and bring his game to the level it needs to be at, and where it was in the first half. They played a more aggressive game than they have played in a long time. Gainey has to keep preaching that style of play, especially going into the playoffs, if the team wants to go deeper than the first round.

Attaboy Saku!

Good stuff.

+Top line was dominant again

+Second line still lacking but they played better...

+Higgins doing good, the goals will come, the work is there

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

at end of the year it dont matter which team you beat, 2 pts is 2 pts...so right now i dont care...take one game at a time and lets hope for the best..no one remember how you got to the dance, only the one you f**k when you get their..

Man, that damn Saku won it again? Trade him already! If we had Vinny he would have scored twice in the OT!

If we had Vinny, odds are we wouldnt have even cared about tonight's win because our playoff spot would have been guaranteed a long time ago. :P

In reply to the posts above...the schedule is hardly intense, if we had two games left with each of Boston, Philly and New Jersey I would call it intense. We haven't even had many back to backs recently and only one to go. The only intensity or pressure is the need to win winnable games.

Am I the only one that thinks that Kovy didn't deserve his star ??

He scored a great goal but otherwize he held on the puck too long too often and was too predictable.

Other than that I think everybody played a good solid game.

real test will be on saturday

I think pretty much everytime Kovy touched the puck, something was happening.

with no results. he just dangled with the puck until he lost it...every single time!!