Ribeiro slams Koivu

rafikz

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey spidey where the hell you been. I love the revisionist history, when ribs played he was soft, prone to giveaways if anybody was around him and took bad penalties. he was embarrassing to the the habs with dives he took It was always the other guys fault. remember when he said he have a lot more points if Ryder could score? there's a team mate for you. We got rid of a cancer i don't care how many points he puts up. If you read the article it's all me me me whaaa koivu looked at me funny oh see he hit me in practice.(said in whiny voice) As to this reporter my god is he queer? cause that is more than a man crush. In short I will take Saku over that puke a million times over. He has shown heart and the willingness to get his nose bloody for the team . Ribs showed us how the uniform looks with yellow on the back. And he continues. Thank you Bob for getting rid of that loser. Dallas 12th place 75 points maybe if we had him we could miss the playoffs too. Oh sorry that was all sean avery's fault.

Last time I checked, his name was on the Cup. Get back to me when Saku has his too. 

yeah, when he was surrounded by quality players he won the Cup, do the same for Saku and he'll win a Cup too.

btw, a few years back didn't Lecavalc*** have a chance to sign with the Habs? if I recall correctly all he had to do was play out one final year on his contract and he was free to come to Montreal....oh yeah, he thought playing for the Habs was beneath him.

I think it's funny that fans are the only ones who question Saku's leadership. Nobody else does. To the point that he was throwing a tantrum at the Hammer for hitting him with the puck. Are you kidding me? How could one lean to that negative side as opposed to what really happened. That makes me question the common sense of Koivu haters.

As far as Ribs is concerned? I choose to believe that Saku couldn't stand the little bugger for legit reasons in the same way he had to have a discussion with Grabovski for diving on the ice last year, letting him know that's not what a real/honest hockey player does even though he was on the other team. I must add that no player on the Habs or the Leafs had a problem with it because he was right and he was honest. Has anyone ever seen Saku take a dive? and..........Saku never felt he had to tell the media what was discussed. It was between him and Grabs. THAT'S IT!

Now that is a human being that should be respected.

Ribs is a puke that's why he was traded and Saku still wears the C because he deserves to. Sorry to the guys who believe points translate to leadership because that's not the case . I hope Saks skin is as thick as I believe it to be and resigns with us. He is a player who truly wears the CH with pride, and I always thought that's what all you guys want in Montreal. It kills me that you can't see it.

I want Ribs to do two things. Shut his yap and score a bunch of goals against Florida tonight.

Last time I checked, his name was on the Cup. Get back to me when Saku has his too. 

[/quot

last time i checked vin whats nothing to do with coming back to play for the habs...so just bash saku because he stay and give most of his life to playing for the habs and a bunch of loser fans that only care about if he speak french...not the man that give his life to the city of montreal and not just by playing hockey here, but what he does for all the sick kids...

Long live Saku, the hockey player, the man.....

you loser make me sick...

Suddenly everybody says "I didnt want Ribs to be traded". The only one I remember saying that when the actual trade happened was Brobin and I want to say that even if I rarely think the same way as Brobin he allways stick to what he say. Id love to have Ribs back atm because we need a ppg centerman.

I wouldn't take that punk back. With an attitude like his, I wouldn't take him back if he was on pace for 100 pts.

And yeah, what's this talk about Koivu chewing out Hammer? He told him to keep shooting...

Edited by ForumGhost

I think it's funny that fans are the only ones who question Saku's leadership. Nobody else does. To the point that he was throwing a tantrum at the Hammer for hitting him with the puck. Are you kidding me? How could one lean to that negative side as opposed to what really happened. That makes me question the common sense of Koivu haters.

As far as Ribs is concerned? I choose to believe that Saku couldn't stand the little bugger for legit reasons in the same way he had to have a discussion with Grabovski for diving on the ice last year, letting him know that's not what a real/honest hockey player does even though he was on the other team. I must add that no player on the Habs or the Leafs had a problem with it because he was right and he was honest. Has anyone ever seen Saku take a dive? and..........Saku never felt he had to tell the media what was discussed. It was between him and Grabs. THAT'S IT!

Ribs is a puke that's why he was traded and Saku still wears the C because he deserves to. Sorry to the guys who believe points translate to leadership because that's not the case . I hope Saks skin is as thick as I believe it to be and resigns with us. He is a player who truly wears the CH with pride, and I always thought that's what all you guys want in Montreal. It kills me that you can't see it.

I want Ribs to do two things. Shut his yap and score a bunch of goals against Florida tonight.

You're saying this in a thread where an ex-habs is questioning Saku's leadership.

You're saying this in a thread where an ex-habs is questioning Saku's leadership.

So Saku was hitting hard in a practice. Hard enough where Ribs still remembers it 2 yrs later. When Saku came back from cancer he was pissed that nobody would hit him in practice, Saks plays hard at all cost. Ribs remarks just tell me he wasn't as much of a competitor. He didn't say Saku was a bad captain, he just couldn't figure out why he was getting hit and assumed Koivu couldn't give up the idea of being a first line centre. You can see right through that bitter BS statement, Saku didn't have that problem with Plex last year did he?

So ya, I say it in this thread because Ribs didn't question his leadership, he said he didn't understand the rift . Saku didn't like Ribs. Now a captain has to love everyone to be a great leader. BS!

Just wait a little longer and we'll probably start hearing things about Ribs .. He was easily overshadowed when Shawn Avery was on the bench. With Avery gone the stage is all Mike's. Unfortunately the media in Dallas nor the fans have a finger on the pulse where shit disturbers get called out daily so it may take some time.

yeah, when he was surrounded by quality players he won the Cup, do the same for Saku and he'll win a Cup too.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, that's so very logical and so very typical of Koivu fanboys. The team around Koivu is never good enough for him. I've heard the same BS for the past 15 years. Nevermind that we had rosters that could have compared to some iffy teams who went on to the SCF. And this year he had one of the best team on paper surrounding him and he still managed to have a front row seat to passively watch this train wreck of a season. We're 72 games into the season and he's only finally starting to show some itty bitty signs of life, mostly due to the fact that Tanguay is dragging Koivu and Kovy's sorry caracasses out of the depth of mediocrity. I guess that's what you meant by being surrounded by quality players: having players so good they can cover for Saku's inexistent game. Right? 

That's all Koivu fanboys ever have to explain why Saku never delivered anything: excuses. Well excuse me, but that sh*t doesnt fly anymore.

last time i checked vin whats nothing to do with coming back to play for the habs...so just bash saku because he stay and give most of his life to playing for the habs and a bunch of loser fans that only care about if he speak french...not the man that give his life to the city of montreal and not just by playing hockey here, but what he does for all the sick kids...

well said guys. :clap:

Yeah, that's so very logical and so very typical of Koivu fanboys. The team around Koivu is never good enough for him. I've heard the same BS for the past 15 years. Nevermind that we had rosters that could have compared to some iffy teams who went on to the SCF. And this year he had one of the best team on paper surrounding him and he still managed to have a front row seat to passively watch this train wreck of a season. We're 72 games into the season and he's only finally starting to show some itty bitty signs of life, mostly due to the fact that Tanguay is dragging Koivu and Kovy's sorry caracasses out of the depth of mediocrity. I guess that's what you meant by being surrounded by quality players: having players so good they can cover for Saku's inexistent game. Right? 

That's all Koivu fanboys ever have to explain why Saku never delivered anything: excuses. Well excuse me, but that sh*t doesnt fly anymore.

I'm sure if Saku was french you wouldn't have a problem with him.

Edited by Spider-Man NL

hey spidey where the hell you been. .

I've been kicking around, I don't be online as much as I use to be becuse of work but when I am I spend a lot of my online time on HFZ and gohabs.

Edited by Spider-Man NL

Yea French canadians seem to have problems with Saku, no matter what he does he's not good enough. But any French Canadian who puts on the CH is never bothered. Anyways im not going to get into a political debate so you Koivu haters can shove it!

hey spidey where the hell you been. I love the revisionist history, when ribs played he was soft, prone to giveaways if anybody was around him and took bad penalties. he was embarrassing to the the habs with dives he took It was always the other guys fault. remember when he said he have a lot more points if Ryder could score?

You just described Koivu this year. :)

Seriously, this team has been disfunctional and clicky for years. A leader brings them together, but more and more I am becoming convinced that Koivu is no better then any of them. Its no wonder he didn't like Ribs, he was clearly going to outclass him as he matured. We constantly hear whispers that Kovy and Koivu don't get along all that well. Could it be that Kovy steals the attention?

I am ready for the post Koivu era. I am tired of losing players who might surpass Koivu since I do not believe Koivu can handle being the low man on the totem pole.

Suddenly everybody says "I didnt want Ribs to be traded". The only one I remember saying that when the actual trade happened was Brobin and I want to say that even if I rarely think the same way as Brobin he allways stick to what he say. Id love to have Ribs back atm because we need a ppg centerman.

Thanks for remembering. I would take Ribs back, but there are even better number 1 guys out there these days. If we had Ribs, we would need a big, tough, number 2 centre to go with him. Dallas is a better fit for Ribs since they have more big tough guys.

You just described Koivu this year. :)

Seriously, this team has been disfunctional and clicky for years. A leader brings them together, but more and more I am becoming convinced that Koivu is no better then any of them. Its no wonder he didn't like Ribs, he was clearly going to outclass him as he matured. We constantly hear whispers that Kovy and Koivu don't get along all that well. Could it be that Kovy steals the attention?

I am ready for the post Koivu era. I am tired of losing players who might surpass Koivu since I do not believe Koivu can handle being the low man on the totem pole.

I have said several times that the Koivu era needs to end. The idea however that Koivu was scared of Ribs' potential is nuts.

Ribs was a superstar, rock star personality in Montreal. He went to Dallas and suddenly he was a freaking nobody. He CLEARLY changed his attitude and lived up to that potential. Have you seen him in interviews lately? He sounds like a totally different person.

I want Koivu gone (and please God, Kovalev too) but what you suggest is insane.

IMO

Yea French canadians seem to have problems with Saku, no matter what he does he's not good enough. But any French Canadian who puts on the CH is never bothered. Anyways im not going to get into a political debate so you Koivu haters can shove it!

Tell that to Brisebois...

St-Saku, pray for us.

Of course Koivu wanted to stay here. He's an underachieving injury-waiting-to-happen 2nd-rate center whose being paid, protected by the owner and put on a pedestal by clueless fans as if he was a future Hall-of-Famer champion. I'd stay in Montreal too if I had such low expectations to meet to be worshipped.

What do you mean?

Koivu11 said "any French Canadian who puts on the CH is never bothered". Brisebois got so many flak from the fans he developed cardiac arrhythmia.

St-Saku, pray for us.

Of course Koivu wanted to stay here. He's an underachieving injury-waiting-to-happen 2nd-rate centre whose being paid, protected by the owner and put on a pedestal by clueless fans as if he was a future Hall-of-Famer champion. I'd stay in Montreal too if I had such low expectations to meet to be worshipped.

^

image_c1.jpg

Edited by Spider-Man NL

St-Saku, pray for us.

Of course Koivu wanted to stay here. He's an underachieving injury-waiting-to-happen 2nd-rate centre whose being paid, protected by the owner and put on a pedestal by clueless fans as if he was a future Hall-of-Famer champion. I'd stay in Montreal too if I had such low expectations to meet to be worshipped.

Koivu11 said "any French Canadian who puts on the CH is never bothered". Brisebois got so many flak from the fans he developed cardiac arrhythmia.

clueless fan!!!! dont get me wrong koivu is by far not the best player out there but so when all your homeboys dont what to come back home and play because its to much pressure and its way to cold in the winter..you bash the guy that sticks by this team in the good and bad..get a clue buddy..no one wants to play in montreal because of clueless fans like you...i support anybody that puts on the :hlogo: and plays there heart out..

if i was koivu and had to put up with all the shit in montreal because his not french, i would of sign long ago with a team like the lighting and would play sec line C and enjoy the sun..iam sure his life would be alot less stress..just asked vinny..lol

Edited by KEEP26