2001-2002: 1st in scoring: Perreault.

2003-2004: 1st in scoring: Ribeiro,

2005-2006: 1st in scoring: Kovalev,

2007-2008: 1st in scoring: Kovalev

3 times we missed the playoffs

2001-2002: 1st in scoring: Koivu

2002-2003: 1st in scoring: Koivu

2006-2007: 1st in scoring: Koivu

So by that trend, since Koivu wont finish 1st in scoring this year, we're almost a lock to make the playoffs. :P

In 2001-2002 Koivu played 3 games due his cancer but still was the best player in the playoffs with 10 pts in 12 games

In 2003-2004 he was again the team's leading scorer in the playoffs with 11 pts in 11 games

In the 2004-2005 playoffs Montreal did not win a game after Koivu's eye injury

Last year he had 9 pts in 7 games and the team probably wouldn't have made it past the first round if it wasn't for him

I'm not trying to put him on a pedestal but just saying that he has often been the most useful forward on our team and when it matters the most. Until recently he was always the one who would make his linemates better.Yes he has slowed down, he now needs to play with talented players that will make HIM better. But he's still our captain he can still be our best centerman as he proved it last week.

In 2001-2002 Koivu played 3 games due his cancer but still was the best player in the playoffs with 10 pts in 12 games

In 2003-2004 he was again the team's leading scorer in the playoffs with 11 pts in 11 games

In the 2004-2005 playoffs Montreal did not win a game after Koivu's eye injury

Last year he had 9 pts in 7 games and the team probably wouldn't have made it past the first round if it wasn't for him

:clap:

THAT is a real argument. THAT I respect.

All this time that I've ragged on Koivu, none of his fanboys actually took the time to pull those stats to shut me up. Thank you Supersonic, my wait is finally over.

Let's just hope it continues this year and that the UFA Line (13-11-27) can carry the team. Kovy is also a playoffs beast, playing at a point per game pace since he's a Habs but Tanguay is an enigma.

Yeah, I've followed Koivu closely since he's been in the league and he's been our best Centre since the late nineties. Like I said, he has really slowed down and he really dissapointed me the last two seasons. The only way he can continue to put up 50 or 60 pts is if BG puts him between 2 pure goal scorers. For now Tangs, Kovy and Koivu are making each other look pretty good. Let's just hope it'll last...

Yeah, I've followed Koivu closely since he's been in the league and he's been our best Centre since the late nineties. Like I said, he has really slowed down and he really dissapointed me the last two seasons. The only way he can continue to put up 50 or 60 pts is if BG puts him between 2 pure goal scorers. For now Tangs, Kovy and Koivu are making each other look pretty good. Let's just hope it'll last...

The past is the past. I want Koivu gone, but I have always said that 3 years ago that I would not say that. Last year I did not say that. Wanting him gone now is based on where we are, and imo, the belief that Koivu needs to be replaced as our Captain to sweep out the crap in the room. Note that even if that is not fair, it is no less fair then all the coaches that take the rap. We need to turn this leadership over.

Sorry Koivu, and thanks for the some great memories...

Ribs was a prick, is a prick and always will be a prick.

If he was a russian, finn, czech, american, english canadian or even chinese we wouldn't be having this pointless thread, and there wouldn't be a article by some journalist, becuase there would be general consensus that Ribs was a prick, is a prick and always will be a prick.

for the record, I am english Canadian and don't give a shit that ribs was from Quebec. :)

If he was a russian, finn, czech, american, english canadian or even chinese we wouldn't be having this pointless thread, and there wouldn't be a article by some journalist, becuase there would be general consensus that Ribs was a prick, is a prick and always will be a prick.

You mean everyone is upset because we traded a Portugese Canadian??!! :rolleyes:

You sound like a prick! :rolleyes:

Ribs was a prick? The objective viewer will answer, "No question."

Is a prick? Will always be a prick?

I've heard otherwise - that he's grown up a bit. People change. That's a hard thing to deal with when the bulk of humanity wants to quickly categorize anyone in a heartbeat and then go on assuming that person will always be the same.

I suspect Ribs is a better person now than he was here. Despite his stupid jaw-flapping comments the other day. Should he have kept his mouth shut? Absolutely. Did he need a kick in the pants to grow up from his "SUPERSTAR" days in Montreal? Undoubtedly. He was an embarassment to the CH (and shame on fans of his for wanting to keep him while at the same time proclaiming the Habs as the bastion of hockey goodness - there's a nice double standard for you) and needed to get out of the city, as much for the Canadiens as for himself.