GDT: Buffalo vs Montreal (3-28-09, 7 PM EST)

dlbalr

fb179c9a.gifvs. 3cf6996f.gif
36-30-8 for 80 points....................38-27-9 for 85 points
(10th East)..................................(8th East)

Inside the Numbers:

Buffalo Player Stats
Montreal Player Stats
Forecaster.ca's Tale of the Tape

- Montreal's season record vs Buffalo: (1-3-1)

- Buffalo has lost 3 straight and 7 of their last 8 in Montreal and have a 14-17-5 record on the road this season.

- Former Hab Craig Rivet played his 800th career game in last night's 5-3 victory over Toronto.

- Sabres are 3-8-3 in the second game back-to-backs this year, have not yet won both games in a back-to-back this season.

- A win in regulation time improves Montreal's playoff chances by 9.1%, an OT win by 8.1%. A regulation loss drops their chances by 11.7%, an OT loss by 2.5%. Currently, the odds of Montreal making the playoffs sit at 82.9% after Pittsburgh's win this afternoon.

Projected Lineup:

(13)Tanguay - (11)Koivu - (27)Kovalev
(74)S. Kostitsyn - (14)Plekanec - (36)D'Agostini
(84)Latendresse - (40) Lapierre - (6)Kostopoulos
(21)Higgins - (15)Metropolit - (25)Dandenault

(79)Markov - (8)Komisarek
(44)Hamrlik - (71)Brisebois
(26)Gorges - (24)Schneider

Projected netminders:
Ryan Miller (30-16-5, 2.51 GAA, .918 SV%) vs Carey Price (22-14-8, 2.81 GAA, .904 SV%)

Scoreboard Watching:

Pittsburgh 4, NY Rangers 3 (playoff odds +1.2%)
Carolina vs New Jersey (7 PM EST)
Florida vs Dallas (8 PM EST)

Italicized teams are who we want to win in order to improve our playoff chances.

TV: RDS, CBC
Radio: CJAD, CKAC

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work! I love the statistical information.

The boys need to come out flying like they did against TB. The Sabres should be tired from last night.

GO HABS GO!!!!

Also, someone needs to take out Gaustad right off the bat. Nothing dirty, but just to show him he can't walk all over us like he did last game.

I hope our 2nd line can start producing. Gainey is riding the super line, but at some point he needs to know that Pleks and AK can help.

+1

I said from the get go that I didnt liked seeing the #### Bros together because they are too predictable and completely ignore their C. Time to prove me wrong.

I think that this game is our test. Have the Habs really made progress? Are Koivu and Kovalev really playing to their potential?

We always have trouble with Buffalo. This game will answer a lot of questions for me.

+1000

This is the real test. A team that is trying to make the playoffs and can beat us easy. What I really want to see is the other lines contribute and get more time, to know we can beat a team without constant PP time with all our top players playing constantly. That will never last.

I also want to see Price have a good game. The last two games our goalie was a non-factor for the most part.

good save by Price, but he is still making stupid plays with the puck.. he needs to use his D and stop tossing it to the point when he doesn't have to. I swear he wasn't this bad handling the puck last year...

I'll give him an A for effort, but I just can't see why Kotsopoulos drops the gloves. I can't remember the last time he even looked good in a fight, much less won.

Edited by RobRock