Round Zero Begins Tonight

Psycing

I estimate the Habs need approximately 4 wins over their next 7 games to secure a playoff spot. With 7 games left, that sure sounds like a best of seven series to me. So here it is:

Habs Lead series 3-1

Game 1 | Chicago @ Montreal | Tuesday, March 31st | 4-1 WIN

Game 2 | Montreal @ New York (I) | Thursday, April 2nd | 5-1 WIN

Game 3 | Montreal @ Toronto | Saturday, April 4th | 6-2 WIN

Game 4 | Ottawa @ Montreal | Monday, April 6th | 3-2 LOSS

Game 5 | Montreal @ New York ® | Tuesday, April 7th | 3-1 LOSS

Game 6 | Montreal @ Boston | Thursday, April 9th | 7:00pm EST

Game 7 | Pittsburgh @ Montreal | Saturday, April 11th | 7:00pm EST

Home Games Remaining: 1

Road Games Remaining: 1

Game 4 and Game 5 will be quite important for the Habs, as the games come back to back. The first game comes against Ottawa who may still believe they have an outside chance at the playoffs now, but I don't believe they'll be even close come that day, but the game the next night against the New York Rangers could very well go a long way to deciding first round match ups.

Game 6 is potentially a First Round Preview, so you can expect both teams to come out hard. At this point, however, Boston may be resting up some of their players. I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

Edited by Psycing

I estimate the Habs need approximately 4 wins over their next 7 games to secure a playoff spot. With 7 games left, that sure sounds like a best of seven series to me. So here it is:

Game 1 | Chicago @ Montreal | Tuesday, March 31st | 7:30pm EST

Game 2 | Montreal @ New York (I) | Thursday, April 2nd | 7:00pm EST

Game 3 | Montreal @ Toronto | Saturday, April 4th | 7:00pm EST

Game 4 | Ottawa @ Montreal | Monday, April 6th | 7:30pm EST

Game 5 | Montreal @ New York ® | Tuesday, April 7th | 7:00pm EST

Game 6 | Montreal @ Boston | Thursday, April 9th | 7:00pm EST

Game 7 | Pittsburgh @ Montreal | Saturday, April 11th | 7:00pm EST

Home Games Remaining: 3

Road Games Remaining: 4

Game 4 and Game 5 will be quite important for the Habs, as the games come back to back. The first game comes against Ottawa who may still believe they have an outside chance at the playoffs now, but I don't believe they'll be even close come that day, but the game the next night against the New York Rangers could very well go a long way to deciding first round match ups.

Game 6 is potentially a First Round Preview, so you can expect both teams to come out hard. At this point, however, Boston may be resting up some of their players. I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

Nice! And they don't have home ice advantage either.

So if they win this series and lose in the first round, do they get credit for making it two rounds?

If we lose tonight and the panthers win, we can kiss the playoffs goodbye.

Everyone remember when Bob fired Carbo...we were saying that he fired him at the Right "moment". The habs were about to start stretch where 9 out of their next 10 games were gonna be played at the Bell Centre...well, with Bob at the helm, our boys couldn't do better than 3-3-3...not a very impressive record considering alomost all the games were played on Home ice.

Imagine how disheartened our boys will be if we are booted out of 8th place tonight!?

Games against Playoff Teams: 4

Games against Non-Playoff Teams: 3

Good thing that Montreal seems to only really show up to games where they're playing good teams, eh? I'm more worried about the game against the Islanders than the game against the Rangers :P

If we lose tonight and the panthers win, we can kiss the playoffs goodbye.

Everyone remember when Bob fired Carbo...we were saying that he fired him at the Right "moment". The habs were about to start stretch where 9 out of their next 10 games were gonna be played at the Bell Centre...well, with Bob at the helm, our boys couldn't do better than 3-3-3...not a very impressive record considering alomost all the games were played on Home ice.

Imagine how disheartened our boys will be if we are booted out of 8th place tonight!?

I don't really care how disheartened they feel. They bounced back after a disheartening loss to the Leafs with 5 out of 6 points. You can't get to high or low on one game. They could lose 3 straight and win their last 4 and make the playoffs.

At that point everybody will be touting them as a hot team who could do some damage.

Everybody has to remember that Gainey had the Olympic break to implement his system in 2006, this year he didn't get a real practice for the first week. Just one reason why I thought it was strange that he fired Carbo.

Barring the Habs or Panthers ripping off a 4 game win streak this sucker is going down to game 81 or 82. They are all must wins, but until they lose the game that eliminates them it is not over.

"If we lose tonight and the panthers win, we can kiss the playoffs goodbye."

why so positive habsfan? dont hold back tell us how you really feel.This game is really important but that is a lot over the top.

"If we lose tonight and the panthers win, we can kiss the playoffs goodbye."

why so positive habsfan? dont hold back tell us how you really feel.This game is really important but that is a lot over the top.

I find this team to be too shaky(mentally) and I just don't think that enough players actually care! I beleive there are too many "floaters" on this team. I also think that our youth might be one factor why we might miss the playoffs!

How can a team that was amongst the best 2 months ago, have fallen sooooo loooowwwwwww in such a short period of time?

If this team wants me to purchase to barber pole jersey (the only one I need) then win in it tonight guys!!! Round 1 eh? Maybe it should be called "round zero" since "zero" might come of it :(

Barber pole has been mothballed. They're playing in the CAC jerseys instead. (per league request, according to 990)

wow... I actually agree with league policy for once...

I heard that it was at the player's request, specifically Price.

Even though Florida won, we can take solace in the fact that NYR has a dreadful schedule to close the season, including one game against us. If Florida doesn't falter, maybe we can beat them out of the playoffs.

Edited by ForumGhost

On RDS they wrote that Bob had made the uni change, saying a game of this magnitude deserved something more sober.

Well done Bob, send them to the incinerator with those trumpet-laced Blues shirts that Keenan vetoed, and those f'ing flying duck things.

Half the games are against losing teams...

Exactly.

While they don't have a cakewalk schedule (re: their last 6-8 games) they certainly don't have a hard schedule. Take a look at the Flames or the Rangers, those are hard schedules. This is a solid test for the Habs down the stretch for them to get the points from the weaker teams they play so that the final 3 games of the regular season against legit playoff teams don't all have to be MUST-wins in order for them to get in.

On RDS they wrote that Bob had made the uni change, saying a game of this magnitude deserved something more sober.

Well done Bob, send them to the incinerator with those trumpet-laced Blues shirts that Keenan vetoed, and those f'ing flying duck things.

Those Blues shirts were, arguably, the best shirts I've ever seen. Something with a little panache, not like the dull uni's to which we're subjected day in and day out in the NHL. If it isn't Dullardsville we have to see, it's Eye Scramblers like those hideous barber shop things Montreal wore.

There used to be a site which had every jersey ever worn or designed on it, does that site still exist? I'd love to see that Blues shirt again.

These bonus jerseys are fun. Apparently the Nordiques were gonna be getting new jerseys before they moved to Colorado.

Back in 80-81, the North Stars almost unveiled black jerseys, maybe where they got the idea when they moved to Dallas.

For the 1967 playoffs, the Leafs changed their logo to one that looks more like the one they still use today. Initially gave them luck, but as we all know, it was the last time they won the Cup.

The 1946-47 Habs appear to be the first team to use a 3rd sweater.

The 1927-28 Leafs appear to have been the first team to use a different sweater for home and away games.

These bonus jerseys are fun. Apparently the Nordiques were gonna be getting new jerseys before they moved to Colorado.

Back in 80-81, the North Stars almost unveiled black jerseys, maybe where they got the idea when they moved to Dallas.

For the 1967 playoffs, the Leafs changed their logo to one that looks more like the one they still use today. Initially gave them luck, but as we all know, it was the last time they won the Cup.

http://nhl.imageg.net/graphics/product_ima...p5622132reg.jpg

It's actually slightly different from the one they use now. They used it for 3 seasons before adopting their current jersey in 1970-71.

The Nords logo was god awful, almost better that they left for Colorado.