Kordic for Courtnall

Colin

Hey, that's not the only trade we won out on...How about Corson and Gilchrist for Damphousse.

Edited by Habsfan

Hey, that's not the only trade we won out on...How about Corson and Gilchrist for Damphousse.

Stay on topic! We'll get there. ;)

Who are these people?

Children, children. You need to learn Canadiens history, my Paduan learner.

It's got to be bad luck to be traded from Montreal to Toronto. Ask Doug Gilmour who in 2003 collided with Dave Lowry in his first shift back to the Leafs. He suffered MCL damage. Maybe Grabovski will slip on a banana peel or something. :lol:

Now the sad part: Kordic died on August 8, 1992. Police officers were called in to arrest Kordic, who was trashing a room at a Motel. After a struggle with police, Kordic was taken to hospital in an ambulance, where he lost consciousness and subsequently died of heart failure and a collapsed lung. A coroner's inquest later determined that Kordic had 0.1 milligrams of cocaine in his system, which according to the Doctor in charge, was the most cocaine he had ever seen in a person's blood in his twenty years of practice.

Montreal knew who they were trading and why they should trade him. Sad story for one of our 1986'ers. :(

I believe it's spelled Padawan learner! ;);):D

Shaddap knowitall. :P

Well, 'Honored Canadiens' has nothing to say. Can't be that noteworthy then.

You mean 'Honored Canadiens' isn't noteworthy? Because if they don't have that trade, they really missed the ball. That was fairly significant. We dealt a drugged out useless thug for one of the three fastest guys in the league with some very good skill.

Shaddap knowitall. :P

You mean 'Honored Canadiens' isn't noteworthy? Because if they don't have that trade, they really missed the ball. That was fairly significant. We dealt a drugged out useless thug for one of the three fastest guys in the league with some very good skill.

Well it has all of the Habs greats in it from the past 100 years.

I don't get it. Why are we revisiting trades? Ribs thread?

I hate the fact nobody trades anymore. It's all about UFA's now and maybe losing them for nothing bull. I hope a Vinny deal goes down in the summer, the montreal canadiens need a little zip on the "I can't believe it went down" trade front, just for the sake of some type of major movement. I hate the fact that people consider our youth pool to be so top tier in the league but when the trade value of anybody is mentioned for comparison reasons it's pretty much nothing.

O-ya Kordic for Courtnall. I loved Kordic, what a basket case. That boy could scrap!

We did win a cup with Kordic, can't say that for Courtnall. Kordic was the man to be had on that deal if your theory is based only on vibe. :B)

Who would you rather have.

Exhibit A

Kordic_John_1.jpg

OR

Exhibit B

Courtnall_Russ_002.jpg

It's got to be bad luck to be traded from Montreal to Toronto. Ask Doug Gilmour who in 2003 collided with Dave Lowry in his first shift back to the Leafs. He suffered MCL damage. Maybe Grabovski will slip on a banana peel or something. :lol:

Now the sad part: Kordic died on August 8, 1992. Police officers were called in to arrest Kordic, who was trashing a room at a Motel. After a struggle with police, Kordic was taken to hospital in an ambulance, where he lost consciousness and subsequently died of heart failure and a collapsed lung. A coroner's inquest later determined that Kordic had 0.1 milligrams of cocaine in his system, which according to the Doctor in charge, was the most cocaine he had ever seen in a person's blood in his twenty years of practice.

Montreal knew who they were trading and why they should trade him. Sad story for one of our 1986'ers. :(

I think there is a large amount of shame to go around regarding John Kordic's death. Someone with obvious problems like that should have been helped. Bryan Fogarty as well.

I don't get it. Why are we revisiting trades? Ribs thread?

I hate the fact nobody trades anymore. It's all about UFA's now and maybe losing them for nothing bull. I hope a Vinny deal goes down in the summer, the montreal canadiens need a little zip on the "I can't believe it went down" trade front, just for the sake of some type of major movement. I hate the fact that people consider our youth pool to be so top tier in the league but when the trade value of anybody is mentioned for comparison reasons it's pretty much nothing.

O-ya Kordic for Courtnall. I loved Kordic, what a basket case. That boy could scrap!

We did win a cup with Kordic, can't say that for Courtnall. Kordic was the man to be had on that deal if your theory is based only on vibe. :B)

Who would you rather have.

Exhibit A

Kordic_John_1.jpg

OR

Exhibit B

Courtnall_Russ_002.jpg

That mugshot of Kordic sure doesn't make a good case for Exhibit A, he looks totally out of it. Sad story though, he was a great enforcer, but on top of his other issues, he increasingly had issues with being a fighter, and ended up how he ended up (Laraque, you paying attention?). I always liked Courtnall, if we had held onto him instead of getting a declining Bellows in return there's a decent chance we'd have won a cup with him.

Courtnall sure was fast.

Yeah he could, but too bad his hands were always two feet behind his feet!

Yeah he could, but too bad his hands were always two feet behind his feet!

If that guy had Gretzky's brain he would have been dangerous. He used to get so many breakaways and he would make so many moves that he would lose the puck into the corner.

He did score some big goals for the Habs though. He knocked out the Whalers when he beat Kay Whitmore to a loose puck and dumped it into an empty net for a 4 game sweep, he ended a game against the Sabres in OT that helped avoid the Habs going into Buffalo trailing 3-2 and he knocked out the Whalers in Game 7 double OT when he beat Frank Pietrangelo.

As for the Bellows deal, Bellows was a different type of player and an ingredient the Habs were missing. I could care less how quick he burned out after 1993 because they won the Cup. If the Habs dealt Higgins today for a player that helped them win the Cup this season and never played another minute for the Canadiens I would sign the deal right now.

Bellows and his toupe will always hold a dear place in my heart because of 1993.

Bellows and his toupe will always hold a dear place in my heart because of 1993.

Agreed. bellows scored 40 goals for us in 92-93! And scored 33 more in 93-94.

I think there is a large amount of shame to go around regarding John Kordic's death. Someone with obvious problems like that should have been helped. Bryan Fogarty as well.

Lots of people tried to help Fogarty. His mom went so far as to travel with the Niagara Falls Thnder to keep him away from the bottle, and sadly everyone failed. He had so many chances and wasted it all. So very sad.