d.jpg

(79)Markov - (8)Komisarek
(44)Hamrlik - (25)Dandenault
(26)Gorges - (24)Schneider

G.jpg
(41)Halak

Meetings This Year:

Nov. 1st, 2008:glasssmall.gif5 IlandersGlassSmall.gif4

Nov. 24th, 2008:IlandersGlassSmall.gif4 glasssmall.gif3 (SO)

Mar. 12th, 2009:IlandersGlassSmall.gif3 glasssmall.gif2 (OT)

islessignuh4.jpg

Dandy25Nyi.jpg

Plekanec14Nyi2.jpg

This game can be seen live at 7:00 pm eastern on;
rds.gif, tsnlogo.gif& 250px-Msg_plus.png

Cjad.jpg
Listen to the game live at 7:00 pm on CJAD 800 AM

OR

ckac.jpg
Listen to the game live (In French) at 7:00 pm on CKAC 730 AM </div>
Edited by Spider-Man NL
Halak Starting

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://habsinsideout.com/main/18252

Sergei not making Long Island trip

The Gazette's Herb Zurkowsky reports, without bitterness, that the media outnumbered the players on the ice at this afternoon's optional practice in Brossard before the team was to board a flight for Long Island and tomorrow night's game vs. the Islanders.

Sergei Kostitsyn, who left Tuesday's game in the first period after being splattered into the end boards by Chicago's Aaron Johnson, will not make the trip. Upper-body injury, the report remains. Defenceman Roman Hamrlik, who left the game in the second after a weird collision along the Blackhawks bench, will travel to Long Island.

The hardy few on Brossard ice: Matt D'Agostini, Ryan O'Byrne, Gregory Stewart, Georges Laraque and Jaroslav Halak.

• • •

Mark Streit has a wonky groin and is a Maybe on the Island tomorrow.

01sergei.jpg

There goes yer secret identity. Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......

For Koz: Koivu sucks. Kovalev sucks. Tanguay is carrying the lousy twosome. There's no leadership. Latendresse and Lapierre are brilliant. Carbo should never have been fired as Gainey has made no difference.

Have I missed anything? :P

It was all in Higgins master plan to peak few games before going home and score his 2nd hat trick of the season.

It'd sure be nice if Streit was out, but we better be able to beat the Isles even with him in the lineup. PLUS, they played Washington the day before, so they won't be as fresh as the Habs. The boys had better skate them into the ice.

GO HABS GO!!!!

TIME FOR HALAK to step in and take the spotlight. Carey Price has the flu.

Go HALAK Go!!!!!!

as per habsinsideout.com

I was having a conversation the other day with a good buddy of mine and this came up in a roundabout way. How come the flu ravages players so badly? My best guess was that the amount of fluids the players lose during the course of a game/practice, alongside the dehydration that comes with most flu bugs, makes it dangerous for them to compete while ill. Add that to the fact that teams dont want them near anyone else for fear of it spreading, and I'm pretty sure that is valid reasoning for players missing time to the flu each season.

Is that about right, or am I missing something crucial?

I was having a conversation the other day with a good buddy of mine and this came up in a roundabout way. How come the flu ravages players so badly? My best guess was that the amount of fluids the players lose during the course of a game/practice, alongside the dehydration that comes with most flu bugs, makes it dangerous for them to compete while ill. Add that to the fact that teams dont want them near anyone else for fear of it spreading, and I'm pretty sure that is valid reasoning for players missing time to the flu each season.

Is that about right, or am I missing something crucial?

The flu kicks your butt. I know when it hits me *Knock on wood* getting out of bed is hard let alone stopping pucks at 90 mph, or skating and hitting hard. I would imagine also that the team has been given strict orders that if they feel any symptoms that might be the flu to report them because apparently the flu virus is most contagious at the beginning rather then when it's in full blown ON.

The strain Halak had wiped him out for 2 or 3 games. :puke:

We are in a good situation. Starting to play well and I think the boys will step up defensively for Jaro. He just might steal his #1 position back that he lost due to the flu to begin with.

*SHUT OUTS ALL THE WAY TO THE STANLEY CUP PLAY-OFFS, YA RIGHT HALAK SUCKS THE BIG ONE AND CAN"T STOP A BEACH BALL. WE ARE SO DONE!!!!*

*JINX ALERT*

4-0 HABS

Tanguay

Koivu

Schnide

Laps

Big game between Carolina and NYR. Having a tough time deciding who to cheer for. NO TIE 3 point bull I hope. We will still have a game in hand on both teams so I think I'm Cheering for Carolina and a Habs win means 3 in front of Florida and one up on the Rags with a game in hand.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!

We need the two points tonight. I don't care if Streit plays or not, there's no excuse to drop this game! Kick some Islander ass!!!

C'mon boys, let's get the 40th win of the year!

Great thread, thanks!

This team gives us fits...nice to see us go into the final stretch with a convincing win here. Be really nice if Streit can't play.

Go Habs!

Thanks for the Thread Spidey!!!!!!!!,

This is alwyas a tough game for the Habs. It is a must win quite obviously.

your welcome.

Edited by Spider-Man NL

That's quite the avatar Spidey. I'll keep my PETA friends away from HW.

GO HABS GO.

you don't have to do that, they spead vicious lies about Newfoundland and the seal hunt....tell them to drop by, I'll be more than happy to give them a piece of my mind.

great thread spidey. :ghg: :ghg: :ghg: There is absolutely no doubt we should win this game. it is a no brainer and if the guys screw this up they should walk back to montreal. :hlogo: :hlogo: