Lecavalier-SEASON OVER- Surgery Again?

This definitely puts me in the minority, but with his cap hit and uncertain health...I don't want him in Montreal!!! There are other number-one centers out there Bob should be targeting.

This definitely puts me in the minority, but with his cap hit and uncertain health...I don't want him in Montreal!!! There are other number-one centers out there Bob should be targeting.

But how many of them are on teams with completely inept management and a poor financial situation?

I'd take my chances. He would look great in a Habs Jersey. Although, if he had a 67 point season and was a -9 in Montreal I'm sure some would riot, bash, and hang Gainey. Markov is keeping pace with him this year and making half the money.

I'm sure he would bounce back in Montreal, his first couple of seasons would be huge. He's wilting in Tampon Bay.

I was already almost in the last place of my fantasy pool....

My condolences... I had Vinny last year, and he limited me to 5th place.

But how many of them are on teams with completely inept management and a poor financial situation?

Inept management is exactly why Gainey won't get him. Giving him a 10-year maxed out deal when you know the cap is going to go down next season, and possibly two more seasons after that, is totally nuts. Your supposed to trade value for term, not give up both.

Inept management is exactly why Gainey won't get him. Giving him a 10-year maxed out deal when you know the cap is going to go down next season, and possibly two more seasons after that, is totally nuts. Your supposed to trade value for term, not give up both.

His deal was maybe maxed out when it was given, but it's well below the max now. Ovechkin's cap hit is almost 2 million more a year than Vinny's. Vinny's cap hit is pretty similar to those of Spezza, Heatley, Hossa, Thornton, etc.

I don't think Vinny's deal is a complete farce. He's a franchise player and locked in for a long time. Who knows what Tavares will be making 3-4 years from now, Vinny will be a steal by then.

From what I understand the cap may stay where it is or even go up because the hard times are only taking effect now, and slowly. This seasons money has been made for the most part and I'm sure all play-off teams will do well regardless. That's what the cap will be based on, not the speculated economy of 2009/2010 season.

If next season takes a hit then the following years cap will come down, but the economy is already showing signs of climbing out of it's mess. I'm sure management will use all of this recession stuff against players this summer anyway but the truth will be told in the numbers when the cap is evaluated and I don't think realistically it will be a dramatic change. Not to the point where Vinny's contract will kill you.

Now Boston? Tim Thomas, 4 years at 5 mil a year? Not good. But then again we have the Hammer at 5 that kinda sucks when you look at the big picture.

If next season takes a hit then the following years cap will come down, but the economy is already showing signs of climbing out of it's mess. I'm sure management will use all of this recession stuff against players this summer anyway but the truth will be told in the numbers when the cap is evaluated and I don't think realistically it will be a dramatic change. Not to the point where Vinny's contract will kill you.

Yeah, I've heard similar things during an intermission or two this season. I'm guessing merchandise sales have been down, but attendance as a whole has been good. 27 teams have averaged above 85% or better attendance compared to 21 teams last year. Much of the league's money comes from sponsorships, most of which were setup before the season. If the league is forced to lower the cap, I've heard they would prefer to keep it steady for next season and wait until the 2010-11 season to lower it.

Now Boston? Tim Thomas, 4 years at 5 mil a year? Not good. But then again we have the Hammer at 5 that kinda sucks when you look at the big picture.

It's about time Thomas got some respect. He's been nothing but good for Boston. They've tried bringing in other goalies, Thomas has always come out on top. It was critical for them to sign the deal before April 15th given the CBA's rules about contracts for 35+ year old players.

Yeah, I've heard similar things during an intermission or two this season. I'm guessing merchandise sales have been down, but attendance as a whole has been good. 27 teams have averaged above 85% or better attendance compared to 21 teams last year. Much of the league's money comes from sponsorships, most of which were setup before the season. If the league is forced to lower the cap, I've heard they would prefer to keep it steady for next season and wait until the 2010-11 season to lower it.

It's about time Thomas got some respect. He's been nothing but good for Boston. They've tried bringing in other goalies, Thomas has always come out on top. It was critical for them to sign the deal before April 15th given the CBA's rules about contracts for 35+ year old players.

True enough. I'm not dogging his play, he has been great for them for sure. They had to do something. For some reason I just don't think he's worth that much for the next 4 years but when you stack him against Huet and others making the same dough I suppose he is. Maybe if he could change his goofy helmet I might think he's worth it. :P Joke.

The market is what it is.