Top Posters In This Topic

Easy win is easy.

I hope Schneider is okay!

good points but...

-One line that works is better than two lines that don't

-Lang could be back by early May . . .

-Second line may get tweaked now that the first is working

Go Habs Go!!!!!

I don't think we have the talent to put together a really good 2nd line. Kovy made the 2nd line work last year when he was interested and Pleks was on a roll. Now he is having great success with Tanguay (and Koivu), at the expense of the 2nd line.

I really don't see Pleks, Higgins, and AK scaring NJD, Boston, or Pitts.

That said, Schneider is very effective, especially when he is used in primarily an offensive role. Maybe if Lang comes back we will have another solid line, but I am not holding my breath on Lang coming back and being effective.

Edited by brobin

Having Kovalev away from Koivu was leading to out of the playoffs - we were dropping like a rock.

So if the 2nd line starts chipping in now and then; and if the third keeps chipping in now and then, we might just have enough. And who knows? Some players take longer to gel than others, and maybe the 2nd line will gel. Anyways, it's not like Plex & co were having a good year by any stretch of the imagination.

Plus, the way we are on the pp now, any team will be tighter and more wary of taking penalties.

And to those who point out, in fairness, that the Leafs suck, I say yes, they do, the team that embarrassed us and blew us out of our own building a week ago. We had to start beating these teams, beating up on them, to get some confidence back as a team. We were getting overwhelmed by Atlanta and TB and Leafs and even Isle not too long ago.

Latendresse-Lapierre is the 2nd line as fas as i'm concerned.

Having Kovalev away from Koivu was leading to out of the playoffs - we were dropping like a rock.

So if the 2nd line starts chipping in now and then; and if the third keeps chipping in now and then, we might just have enough. And who knows? Some players take longer to gel than others, and maybe the 2nd line will gel. Anyways, it's not like Plex & co were having a good year by any stretch of the imagination.

Plus, the way we are on the pp now, any team will be tighter and more wary of taking penalties.

And to those who point out, in fairness, that the Leafs suck, I say yes, they do, the team that embarrassed us and blew us out of our own building a week ago. We had to start beating these teams, beating up on them, to get some confidence back as a team. We were getting overwhelmed by Atlanta and TB and Leafs and even Isle not too long ago.

Don't get me wrong, I don't blame Gainey for doing it.. he had to. My points are:

1. He has to because he doesn't have enough talent for two great lines, just one great line or two mediocre lines.

2. It might get us into the playoffs (especially against crappy teams), but it isn't going to get us very deep.

I am definitely on the page of "Bob needed to make a bigger move at the deadline if he was serious about going deep".

Latendresse-Lapierre is the 2nd line as fas as i'm concerned.

And that makes you confident going into the playoffs? :blink:

I do agree that they are playing great, but they are not comparable to the competition''s 2nd line (not the leafs, but NJD, Pitts, Bos, Car, etc)

Pens-Canes tied at 2

Flyers-Sens tied at 3

I see 3 point games and Ottawa pissing me off...

Don't get me wrong, I don't blame Gainey for doing it.. he had to. My points are:

1. He has to because he doesn't have enough talent for two great lines, just one great line or two mediocre lines.

2. It might get us into the playoffs (especially against crappy teams), but it isn't going to get us very deep.

I am definitely on the page of "Bob needed to make a bigger move at the deadline if he was serious about going deep".

I disagree, I think the talent is there for two lines, it's just that the chemistry or production wasn't, and then he lost Lang to injury. Most of the names are the same as they were last year.

Nice work down low...

I think over half of our PP goals are that exact play across the crease...

Which is pretty much how they scored last year, and that play has developed again because of Schneider's point shot.

I disagree, I think the talent is there for two lines, it's just that the chemistry or production wasn't, and then he lost Lang to injury. Most of the names are the same as they were last year.

We lost lang before the deadline... if he was injured the day after, I would buy that, but Gainey knew we needed a centre and he didn't get it.

Still, I do hope you are right.. I would love to see a cup..

Which is pretty much how they scored last year, and that play has developed again because of Schneider's point shot.

Full marks to Gainey on Schnieider.. that was a great pick up. PP has been excellent ever since.