Markov & Schneider

JLP

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not an official source, but I didn't like at all the face Schneider had when he left the ice... It looked like a Tanguay/Latendresse injury...

Markov looked concussed after the hit he took from Grabovski. I sure hope it wasn't a concussion!

IMO both guys should be healthy. I think they were simply removed from the game for precautionary reasons. I mean notice how Laraque's line, despite playing well, was getting ice time in the third period.

Not a word has been released aven after Gainey official words with RDS.

Some say no news is good news.

About Schneider, concerning his age and his worth for this team success i would give him

a break anyway against Ottawa monday.

Let O'byrne and Dandenault play defense, unrust those two, things can change fast.

On Markov hit from behind i liked Dandenault reaction but i would have like Big Georges to

shake Gollum, he could have hurt our number one defense and deserved punishment way before

that. I think that at 6-1 Stewart should have been unleashed and beat his precious *ss.

Markov looked concussed after the hit he took from Grabovski. I sure hope it wasn't a concussion!

You think? I didn't think he looked concussed at all after the hit, even on the replay.

Not a word has been released aven after Gainey official words with RDS.

Some say no news is good news.

About Schneider, concerning his age and his worth for this team success i would give him

a break anyway against Ottawa monday.

Let O'byrne and Dandenault play defense, unrust those two, things can change fast.

On Markov hit from behind i liked Dandenault reaction but i would have like Big Georges to

shake Gollum, he could have hurt our number one defense and deserved punishment way before

that. I think that at 6-1 Stewart should have been unleashed and beat his precious *ss.

It was a shoulder on shoulder hit and Markov turned, then went head-first into the boards no? Nevertheless don't get me wrong, I didn't like the hit at all.

You think? I didn't think he looked concussed at all after the hit, even on the replay.

I'll be surprised if he was concussed. On the replay, I was looking to see whether he had that stunned experession, but he looked completely present and alert - in fact, looked to me like he was taking the guy's number. He may have had the wind knocked completely out of him for all we know. Cautious optimism is the watchword, I think.

His head did hit the board first thing. Thats whats worries me the most about ths hit.

Craposki is such a punk. I hope somebody kick his punk ass soon :angry:

If price is "100%" then he's in. but if there is any lingering symptoms/weakness from his flu, Halak will play. I haven't heard anything yet, so i assume it will be a gameday/gametime decision

Am I really the only one who think that Grabovski's hit on Markov was a clean shoulder to shoulder check? What made it look ugly was that Markov was out of balance and fell bad.

Even if the video showed that the hit was clean the guy who went after Markov is not clean between his ears,

he should have been warship before anything like this happened.

Let's say tonight Neil attacks Markov, Avery tuesday, Lucic Thursday...going on and on, they will hit the best player

whenever they get the chance.

So basicly what i say here is some guys Laraque, Stewart should challenge first and not only retaliate.

Bob Gainey:

"Canadiens coach and GM Bob Gainey didn't go into any details about the injuries, but said he was confident Markov and Schneider both would be in the lineup Monday night when the Ottawa Senators visit the Bell Centre."

From a link Faceoff.com - Media Link at Habsworld,.net - Main Page

Yes, I thought he looked like he wasn't all there! I'm not saying that it was a major concussion, but a mild one!

In any case, the hit from Grabovski wasn't "dirty", but it could have been considered as boarding(i believe it was). I'm still waiting for womeone other than Sergei Kosty to beat the crap out of the rat!

They've called Janik up from Hamilton, which I find odd. I would think they'd just put O'Byrne and Dandenault back on the blue line.

Yes, and the frightening thing is that this may mean that both guys are out. Think about it - you like Dandy at forward so you put in O'Byrne to replace one, and bring up Janik to replace the other. *Shudder*

Like I said before. sometimes you just need not to have terrible luck. Losing those guys would officially put the kibosh on any hopes for a playoff resurgence.

Yes, and the frightening thing is that this may mean that both guys are out. Think about it - you like Dandy at forward so you put in O'Byrne to replace one, and bring up Janik to replace the other. *Shudder*

Like I said before. sometimes you just need not to have terrible luck. Losing those guys would officially put the kibosh on any hopes for a playoff resurgence.

Or, there is yet ANOTHER injury/illness on the back end besides those two.

And, they're both out:

Defencemen Andrei Markov and Mathieu Schneider have both been scratched for tonight's game against the Ottawa Senators but the Canadiens are hoping that both will return for tomorrow night's game against the Rangers in New York. Neither player participated in the morning skate today and Doug Janik was recalled from Hamilton to fill out the lineup. Markov and Schneider both suffered upper-body injuries – think shoulder – in Saturday's 6-2 rout of Toronto.

http://habsinsideout.com/main/18476

Bummer.