And nooses give;

Gas smalls awful;

You might as well live.

- Dorothy Parker

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is confusing. Now we have hope to get our hopes high. The hopes will probably come crashing down with a negative report tomorrow - or will it be good news?

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

So the new word is that Schneider is possible for tonight and Markov is doing better than expected. THIS IS SO CONFUSING!

I hope both of them are go for the playoffs. I'm really starting to miss Franky as well! Any word on Sergei? What about Lang?

I sincerely hope that the Habs' trainer is well aware of the healing effects of large doses of growth hormone coupled with lots of time spent in a hyperbaric chamber. Desperate times call for extreme measures!!!!!!

I dont really have any trust in all the D's currently in Montreal. Is there any of our prospects who could miraculously come out of the blue and play over his head? I'm thinking Subban or McDonagh, some kid with talent.

Hainsey, Robidas, Beauchemin, Souray, Streit... *sighs*

I'd take any of our current D over them.

:blink:

What's with the trend of fans hating everyone who used to be with the team?

:blink:

What's with the trend of fans hating everyone who used to be with the team?

I don't hate anyone. But why trade mediocre D for mediocre D? None of the aforementioned D will turn the team around defensively. Sure, if we can put in Souray for O'Byrne (although O'bryne learned the spinning pylon move directly from Sheldon, apparently), cheaply, I'm for it. But seriously, Hainsey, Robidas on that list?? What are they going to bring over any of the current D?

Edited by huzer

I would definitely want Streit back, maybe even at the price NYI paid for him.

Yeah, his departure looks really bad, but only in hindsight. We all knew what we were losing offensively, but I don't think anyone realized he could be so successful defensively. If you had told me last summer than Mark Streit would post a plus rating for the Islanders playing defense full time, I would have laughed hysterically. He definitely seems to be a guy who went out and proved to his new team why they gave him so much money. Unfortunately, he never really showed the ability to be a solid defender in his time in Montreal. I never would have believed he'd be worth the money he got.

Yeah, his departure looks really bad in hindsight. We all knew what we were losing offensively, but I don't think anyone realized he could be so successful defensively. If you had told me last summer than Mark Streit would post a plus rating for the Islanders playing defense full time, I would have laughed hysterically. He definitely seems to be a guy who went out and proved to his new team why they gave him so much money. Unfortunately, he never really showed the ability to be a solid defender in his time in Montreal.

Right. GMs aren't psychic. There was always a chance that Streit would continue to improve, as he had done for the previous two years, but you can't sink that kind of dough into a player on a hypothetical. The Streit we had last year was not worth a long-term contract at that rate in a cap system; not on our team, anyway. Remember that Komi is due for a raise.

Our D isn't bad, you know. The reason it *looks* bad is because Hamrlik and Komisarek have had horrible seasons. (The running theme this season has been fan confusion between a bad year and a bad player). However, we clearly do need another defenceman who can convincingly coordinate an offensive push. We shouldn't be so reliant on Markov in that respect and probably won't win the Cup until we have another guy back there who can support Markov in that role. (Schneider or Brisebois in their primes would have served nicely; and so, of course, would Streit).

:o What trend? There are always threads lamenting guys we've let go.

There are people that whine about everyone who leaves and others who hate every ex-habs out there. Apart from Hamrlik and Komisarek (who aren't playing their best hockey right now) I think all 5 of those guys are better than anyone currently on our D (meaning, they're all better than Gorges). They might not be elite defensemen but they wouldn't add anything over Janik, O'Byrne, and our PP QB Brisebois? If the reports of Markov & Schneider's injuries are correct, our D is as weak as it's ever been.

I mean, we know what Brisebois can do as the QB and we've seen what Souray and Streit did there. How could they not add?

There are people that whine about everyone who leaves and others who hate every ex-habs out there. Apart from Hamrlik and Komisarek (who aren't playing their best hockey right now) I think all 5 of those guys are better than anyone currently on our D (meaning, they're all better than Gorges). They might not be elite defensemen but they wouldn't add anything over Janik, O'Byrne, and our PP QB Brisebois? If the reports of Markov & Schneider's injuries are correct, our D is as weak as it's ever been.

I mean, we know what Brisebois can do as the QB and we've seen what Souray and Streit did there. How could they not add?

Sure. A D with Markov, Schneider, Streit, Souray, Komisarek, Hamrlik and Beauchemin looks pretty good. Except that between Streit Souray alone that's what, over $10 mil in salary. Lamenting these 'lost players' overlooks the fact that we live with a CAP SYSTEM. That means you have no choice but to let good players go sometimes. It amazes me that fans haven't clued into this simple fact of life. But I guess when the team loses all good sense can fly out the window.

I would definitely want Streit back, maybe even at the price NYI paid for him.

thank god bob is running this team.

Tell me who the 1or 2 or 3 players are that you have cut to keep him.

Edited by habs rule

I wouldn't want any of those d (maybe Beauchemin) back. I'd take any of our current D over them.

Wasnt the point of my post either.

We let the 5 guys go for nothing. At least for Rivet we got Gorges. We could have got something decent in return of one of the 5. Even if it was only a prospect or pick, that'd be an NHLer right now.

I'm not nostalgic of any of the 5 I mentionned either. Souray at 6.25M$ is a joke. So is Hainsey at 4.5. Though Robidas' 1.5M$ puck-rushing skills would be welcomed right now.

Sure. A D with Markov, Schneider, Streit, Souray, Komisarek, Hamrlik and Beauchemin looks pretty good. Except that between Streit Souray alone that's what, over $10 mil in salary. Lamenting these 'lost players' overlooks the fact that we live with a CAP SYSTEM. That means you have no choice but to let good players go sometimes. It amazes me that fans haven't clued into this simple fact of life. But I guess when the team loses all good sense can fly out the window.

:rolleyes:

I was responding to: "I'd take any of our current D over them."

Edited by BTH

Both those guys are done. Call up Weber, send O'Byrne down. Move Hamrlik with Weber. Komi and Gorges, Dandy and Janik.

If I watch Brisby not go get the puck in the corner one more time i will scream.

Both those guys are done. Call up Weber, send O'Byrne down. Move Hamrlik with Weber. Komi and Gorges, Dandy and Janik.

If I watch Brisby not go get the puck in the corner one more time i will scream.

Weber has been recalled and Janik has been demoted.

http://stats.theahl.com/hm/transactions.php