d.jpg

(26)Gorges - (8)Komisarek
(44)Hamrlik - (3)O'Byrne
(-)Janik - (71)Brisebois

G.jpg
(41)Halak

Meetings This Year:

Nov. 11th, 2008:senglassSmall.gif0 glasssmall.gif4

Nov. 20th, 2008:glasssmall.gif3 senglassSmall.gif2 (SO)

Jan. 17th, 2009:glasssmall.gif5 senglassSmall.gif4 (SO)

Feb. 21st, 2009:senglassSmall.gif3 glasssmall.gif5

Mar. 19th, 2009:glasssmall.gif4 senglassSmall.gif5

ottawa_sucks.jpg

HabsSens.jpg

HigginsHammerSens.jpg

This game can be seen live at 7:30 pm eastern on;
rds.gif& SNETE.gif

Cjad.jpg
Listen to the game live at 7:30 pm on CJAD 800 AM

OR

ckac.jpg
Listen to the game live (In French) at 7:30 pm on CKAC 730 AM
Edited by Fanpuck33
Centered

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.habsinsideout.com/

Schneider, Markov out

by Pat Hickey

Defencemen Andrei Markov and Mathieu Schneider have both been scratched for tonight's game against the Ottawa Senators but the Canadiens are hoping that both will return for tomorrow night's game against the Rangers in New York. Neither player participated in the morning skate today and Doug Janik was recalled from Hamilton rto fill out the lineup. Markov and Schneider bolth suffered upper body injuries _ think shoulder _ in Saturday's 6-2 rout of Toronto.

The injured defencemen will be missed most on the power play. Markov has 39 of his team-leading 64 points on the power play while Schneider has scored 16 points in 21 games since coming over from Atlanta and most opf those have been on the power play. Based on the pairings this morning, Mike Komisarek and Josh Gorges will be the No. 1 pair while Roman Hamrlik will play with Patrice Brisebois. Janik and Ryan O'Byrne will the the third pair.

Jaroslav Halak will start in goal with Carey Price as the backup. Look for Price to return tomorrow against the Rangers.

the infirmiry is starting to get a little crowded! Let's hope that markov and Schneider will be back in the line-up for tomorrow's game against the Rags!

Edited by Habsfan

Here's hoping the injuries to Markov and Schneider aren't too serious... Our PP is going to take a hit without them there.

A win tonight would *almost* clinch a playoff spot... Let's get that W!

GO HABS GO!!!!

Yep, a win tonight wouldn't make it official but very close to a clinch. The magic number is 95 points. Some think it's 96, but Florida can only manage 95 maximum. If we get one more win and get the 3rd point; that's it. Florida (if they win all their remaining games) would tie us in wins and points at 95 but we won the season series 3-1.

95! :clap:

Thanks Spidey. Good as gold as always!!!

GO HABS GO :hlogo:

Yep, a win tonight wouldn't make it official but very close to a clinch. The magic number is 95 points. Some think it's 96, but Florida can only manage 95 maximum. If we get one more win and get the 3rd point; that's it. Florida (if they win all their remaining games) would tie us in wins and points at 95 but we won the season series 3-1.

Actually, technically 96 is the magic number. 95 is only our magic number if we get a win as part of the 3 points. If we get to 95 points via 3 overtime losses and Florida wins out, they would have 42 wins compared to our 41 wins.

Gonna be tough without Marky, but this is an excellent chance for O'Byrne and Joshy to step up.

Side Note... Damn did we win that Rivait trade. Gorges and Pacioretty! Yikes!

CAREY! CAREY! CAREY!

or

JARO! JARO! JARO!

Actually, technically 96 is the magic number. 95 is only our magic number if we get a win as part of the 3 points. If we get to 95 points via 3 overtime losses and Florida wins out, they would have 42 wins compared to our 41 wins.

Good call. I knew there was a reason I had our Magic Number at 4 and not 3.

We actually won a season series against Florida? When was the last time that happened?

Anyways, we need this win regardless. We'll leapfrog Pittsburgh with a W and that alone makes the odds of missing the playoffs that much more unlikely (plus, then our magic number would officially drop to 95 points).

QUOTE (Cataclaw @ Apr 4 2009, 12:09 AM) *

6-2 Goalfest for the CH.

I CALLED IT

I correctly predicted 6-2 last time, let's see if i can get it right twice in a row!

5-2 CH

GO HABS GO

:hlogo:

I correctly predicted 6-2 last time, let's see if i can get it right twice in a row!

5-2 CH

GO HABS GO

:hlogo:

I'm not quite as optimistic with Markov and Schneider out. Habs squeak this one out 3-2

any word on Price for tonight?

Supposedly he's the backup, since they returned Denis at the same time they called up Janik. Price probably is the starter tomorrow in New York.

Gonna be tough without Marky, but this is an excellent chance for O'Byrne and Joshy to step up.

Side Note... Damn did we win that Rivait trade. Gorges and Pacioretty! Yikes!

CAREY! CAREY! CAREY!

or

JARO! JARO! JARO!

dont worry bro I'll be here !!

Supposedly he's the backup, since they returned Denis at the same time they called up Janik. Price probably is the starter tomorrow in New York.

apparently bob talked to him today and felt that Carey wasn't ready so Halak will go.

Go Habs Go! I'll predict a 4-3 win for the home team, in overtime.

This is going to be a tough game without Markov and Schneider. Not only will our defense be weak, but our PP and first pass will be worse. This could hurt the offense more then we would like.

Let's hope Ottawa mails this one in...