Apr. 6/09 | Ottawa vs. Montréal | Game Thread

Spider-Man NL

What a crock.. after all those weak calls.. Gorges gets knocked over with a cross check in the crease and not only doesn't the guy get a penalty.. he gets the goal now that he isn't covered...

Brutal!

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You could see that coming a mile away.

They got a late goal and instead of coming out with some fire, they sit back on a lead and

bang it is 3-2.

They are in big trouble without Markov/Schneider.

Think about how much ice time those two burn.

They have to replace 44 minutes of transition with Hamrlik/Gorges/Komisarek/Brisebois

Now forwards are not going to transition at full speed, losing your top two d-men simultaneously is brutal.

Edited by Wamsley01

and heatley gets the go ahead.. while we should be on a PP....

How can the refs be this bad.. they miss a highstick to Komi and the most obvious cross check of the night... and now we are losing...

Disgraceful.

and heatley gets the go ahead.. while we should be on a PP....

How can the refs be this bad.. they miss a highstick to Komi and the most obvious cross check of the night... and now we are losing...

Disgraceful.

This is not on the refs.

This is not on the refs.

Yeah it is.. we were sitting back a bit, but the shots were 5-3 in the third... Clearly we are down men and are not going to blow Ottawa out. That doesn't mean we should have to put up with illegal goals.

There is no way they should not have called that penalty on Heatley. if they had. no tying goal. Maybe we score on the PP and are up two...

I do not accept that we have to put up with that crappy a job by the refs.

Yeah it is.. we were sitting back a bit, but the shots were 5-3 in the third... Clearly we are down men and are not going to blow Ottawa out. That doesn't mean we should have to put up with illegal goals.

There is no way they should not have called that penalty on Heatley. if they had. no tying goal. Maybe we score on the PP and are up two...

I do not accept that we have to put up with that crappy a job by the refs.

Excuses. They had a 2-1 lead against an inferior team. They have been outworked, outchanced and bullied

all game. They do not deserve to win the game.

Blame the refs, they lost the game because a team with nothing to play for played a more spirited game.

Get used to it. Losing your two best puck moving defensemen is devestating.

Edited by Wamsley01

Season over. Even if they squeak into the playoffs, no ######ing chance to beat a good team without Markov. If you look that sad against the Senaturds, imagine how bad it'd look against Boston, New Jersey, or Washington.

Excuses. They had a 2-1 lead against an inferior team. They have been outworked, outchanced and bullied

all game. They do not deserve to win the game.

Blame the refs, they lost the game because a team with nothing to play for played a more spirited game.

that would be true if Ottawa didn't need to cheat (cross check the defender down to create space) to tie it up.

I don't see why you think us playing in a defensive shell makes it okay for the refs to screw us. Is it a dumb way to play, yes. It doesn't mean Ottawa is allowed to get away with crap. Do you honestly believe that was a good goal?

I would be the first to blame the habs if that goal was legit, but it clearly wasn't. And the trip at the end was the icing on the cake....

Meh. Same old Habs. Cant score 5-on-5, pinned down in their zone for long stretches, cant get 1st to the puck. So much for the "Gainey Effect"...

I'm worried about how easily our smaller forwards were getting pushed around by the Sens' defensemen.

that would be true if Ottawa didn't need to cheat (cross check the defender down to create space) to tie it up.

I don't see why you think us playing in a defensive shell makes it okay for the refs to screw us. Is it a dumb way to play, yes. It doesn't mean Ottawa is allowed to get away with crap. Do you honestly believe that was a good goal?

I would be the first to blame the habs if that goal was legit, but it clearly wasn't. And the trip at the end was the icing on the cake....

Minor issues if we have a functioning powerplay or any transition game...but we don't anymore.