Apr. 6/09 | Ottawa vs. Montréal | Game Thread

Spider-Man NL

I have to agree with Brobin there. It was a clear cross check on a guy without the puck, wich ended up with a goal against us. And how can you not call that tripping on Lapierre at the end ???? This is beyond me.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been our problem all year, tied or up a goal or 2.... :puke:

No KILLER INSTINCT!!! GOOD TEAMS KNOW HOW TO FINISH THIER OPPONENTS OFF.........we don't (even with a full lineup)

Refs aside.. of course we suck.. this team sucked anyway.. they were beating crapping teams with a good PP.. now we lose the PP (without M and S) and we are no better then Ottawa.

If we are going to win, we will need some gutsy, ugly wins. We have enough problems without refs helping.

I will be surprised if we win another game this season. honestly.. we are out Lang, Markov, Schneider, and Boullion when we lack depth as it is.

I will give some credit.. I thought Kovy really tried to carry it himself. Breezy did his part. Higs hustled.

By the way.. where is AK.. if he is still injured add him to the list.. lets take 3 or 4 top players out of the Pens, Rangers or NJD and see how they fare...

Meh. Same old Habs. Cant score 5-on-5, pinned down in their zone for long stretches, cant get 1st to the puck. So much for the "Gainey Effect"...

I'm worried about how easily our smaller forwards were getting pushed around by the Sens' defensemen.

It wasn't the same old Habs. They had their legs cut out from under them.

Anybody who has ever played goal knows how important a strong puck moving defenseman is. From the net you

can see everything unfold. You can see what the defenseman sees as he makes his decisions.

Great ones control the tempo of a game. It is the reason that many consider Bobby Orr the best player of all-time.

Schneider may be old, but he is still one of the better passing d-men in the game. Markov is among the 5 best in

the league. These guys were responsible for the transition game.

Instead of 45 minutes of forwards looking for strong feeds they are now relying on Brisebois, Gorges, Hamrlik and Komisarek

to find them in those lanes. That has a MAJOR IMPACT on their offensive potential. Add in the brutal display of point play on their

5 on 3 and this team is in HUUUUGE trouble.

They will probably be able to squeak out 2 points and get in the playoffs and pray that Markov can come back early,

but NOBODY stepped up with the game on the line to get that much needed two points. Not Halak, not Koivu, not Kovalev,

NOBODY.

1 point would have been huge. If they are out long term, this season is OVER.

Edited by Wamsley01

This has been our problem all year, tied or up a goal or 2.... :puke:

No KILLER INSTINCT!!! GOOD TEAMS KNOW HOW TO FINISH THIER OPPONENTS OFF.........we don't (even with a full lineup)

We were finishing them off just fine lately up until our two most important blueliners got taken out.

I have to agree with Brobin there. It was a clear cross check on a guy without the puck, wich ended up with a goal against us. And how can you not call that tripping on Lapierre at the end ???? This is beyond me.

shit happens. It evens out over a season. Plekanec ran into Gerber twice with no call. Both penalties, neither called.

It is scapegoating and excuses, a regular occurance on this board. They had 6 minutes to tie the game, they had 12 minutes

to get the 3rd goal. I didn't see the referee's suggest they sit back and allow the Sens to dictate the tempo.

I heard he was a healthy scratch...but I'm willing to bet he's in tomorrow.

Unless he knows how to make an outlet pass, he will look just as ineffective as Tanguay did tonight.

Speed is useless if you are not getting the puck in transition at full speed.

shit happens. It evens out over a season. Plekanec ran into Gerber twice with no call. Both penalties, neither called.

It is scapegoating and excuses, a regular occurance on this board. They had 6 minutes to tie the game, they had 12 minutes

to get the 3rd goal. I didn't see the referee's suggest they sit back and allow the Sens to dictate the tempo.

There is no way you actually watched that play.

Pleks might have made contact the first time, but the second time was ALL Gerber trying to butt end Pleks for bumping him...he even left his crease to do it. (Pleks had help from the Dman on the initial bump)

I can live without the tripping call at the end of the game but Koivu having his stick slashed in half is a bit much considering the calls against the Habs.

Edited by Habitforming

Unless he knows how to make an outlet pass, he will look just as ineffective as Tanguay did tonight.

All of you who are clinging to desperate hope, please read and understand this. Tonight we looked terrible against a bad team. Imagine how bad we'd look against New Jersey, Boston, or Washington. We used to have three d-men who could make good outlet passes....and now we only have one. Not good enough.

So lets sit Kovy too then....

LOL, I don't disagree with you on the importance of strong puck moving D, but we need all the help the can get. At least if they scrape into the playoffs Georgy gets two games of playoff revenue... And who knows, we might end playing Washington and Ovie and Green get hurt in the last game of the year...

There is no way you actually watched that play.

Pleks might have made contact the first time, but the second time was ALL Gerber trying to butt end Pleks for bumping him...he even left his crease to do it. (Pleks had help from the Dman on the initial bump)

You have to be kidding me! I hate the Maple Leafs, but that is ridiculous.

Pleks interfered the first time. That was fine, Gerber slashed at him and he went right back at him.

You can't touch the goaltender. If that was Grabovski doing the same thing and it resulted in a goal

I would love to see your reaction.

The goal should not have counted.

You have to be kidding me! I hate the Maple Leafs, but that is ridiculous.

Pleks interfered the first time. That was fine, Gerber slashed at him and he went right back at him.

You can't touch the goaltender. If that was Grabovski doing the same thing and it resulted in a goal

I would love to see your reaction.

The goal should not have counted.

Oy

Watch the play. You are clueless

All of you who are clinging to desperate hope, please read and understand this. Tonight we looked terrible against a bad team. Imagine how bad we'd look against New Jersey, Boston, or Washington. We used to have three d-men who could make good outlet passes....and now we only have one. Not good enough.

We had TWO elite passing defensemen. Now we have ZERO.

You cannot win in the NHL without superb puck moving defensemen. Succesful teams build from the backend out

for a reason. Detroit is so good because they have two elite ones, a great one and a good one.

They WILL NOT win a playoff round without either of them. They may struggle to win another game.

Oy

Watch the play. You are clueless

Yeah, that's what I am. YOU ARE A HOMER.

You cannot win in the NHL without superb puck moving defensemen. Succesful teams build from the backend out

for a reason. Detroit is so good because they have two elite ones, a great one and a good one.

They WILL NOT win a playoff round without either of them. They may struggle to win another game.

I should have been more clear....two elite (Markov, Schneider) passers, and one adequate (Brisebois) passer. The rest of our D-men have limited vision and hands of stone.

I should have been more clear....two elite (Markov, Schneider) passers, and one adequate (Brisebois) passer. The rest of our D-men have limited vision and hands of stone.

It is a scary prospect when Brisebois is your best transition passer. He panics, he is passable as a 3rd pairing

puck mover. 1st line. Ouch.

Watch the play (try it on mute without the Leafs commentators since you let them dictate what you are seeing)

You can't see it still?

Edited by Habitforming

Watch the play (try it on mute without the Leafs commentators)

You can't see it still?

Because Gerber slashed him it removes all the onus from Plekanec? Price smashes people all the time

yet still gets interfered with. You can not touch a goaltender, he is not a forward or d-man. He bumped him twice.

The first one I would let pass, the second one he went right back for him.

I am always looking for a reason to blame the Leafs, not this time.

Edited by Wamsley01

Because Gerber slashed him it removes all the onus from Plekanec? Price smashes people all the time

yet still gets interfered with. You can not touch a goaltender, he is not a forward or d-man. He bumped him twice.

The first one I would let pass, the second one he went right back for him.

I am always looking for a reason to blame the Leafs, not this time.

Not the slash !!

The Butt end Gerber throws taking himself out of the play because he is still mad.

Watch the play (try it on mute without the Leafs commentators since you let them dictate what you are seeing)

You can't see it still?

I watched it.. I agree.. Pleks was coming by the second time and the only contact was from Gerber coming out to hack him...The first hit was very marginal as Gerber was coming out of the crease and Pleks was coming behind the net..

I don't think I am a homer in this case. The video is pretty clear in the last shot of Gerber coming out to hit Pleks.

I watched it.. I agree.. Pleks was coming by the second time and the only contact was from Gerber coming out to hack him...The first hit was very marginal as Gerber was coming out of the crease and Pleks was coming behind the net..

I don't think I am a homer in this case. The video is pretty clear in the last shot of Gerber coming out to hit Pleks.

Thank God!!! :clap:

Someone who doesn't let the Leaf homer commentators tell them what they are seeing.

LOL.. did you guys just see TSN.. I was not far off.. Ovie and Green were fooling around before the game and just about decapitated themselves on a utility vehicle... now imagine they hit their heads and were out a month with concussions... We could beat them without Markov and Schneider...

Thank God!!! :clap:

Someone who doesn't let the Leaf homer commentators tell them what they are seeing.

Oh yeah, you must be justified. Brobin disagreeing with me? That NEVER happens.

If Price was in goal he would have blamed him for letting in the 3rd goal.

Butt end? To the inside of his knee? LOL

Edited by Wamsley01