Apr. 6/09 | Ottawa vs. Montréal | Game Thread

Spider-Man NL

Not the slash !!

The Butt end Gerber throws taking himself out of the play because he is still mad.

I didn't notice it during the game. I, like Wamsley thought we got away with one. But after watching the video again just now, Gerber definitely initiated the contact with Plex.

Oh yeah, you must be justified. Brobin disagreeing with me? That NEVER happens.

Butt end. To the knee? LOL

You had to have seen it. Just watch the video.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't notice it during the game. I, like Wamsley thought we got away with one. But after watching the video again just now, Gerber definitely initiated the contact with Plex.

You had to have seen it. Just watch the video.

Now watch that video and name Gerber=Price and Plekanec=Grabovski and let me know

how it changes your perspective.

I would love to tell you it was all Gerber's fault, but HE IS NOT FAIR GAME. He is a goaltender

and the first contact he was trying to play his position and the second he was in the blue ice.

But whatever, not like I am going to get an unbiased view on a habs board.

Now watch that video and name Gerber=Price and Plekanec=Grabovski and let me know

how it changes your perspective.

I would love to tell you it was all Gerber's fault, but HE IS NOT FAIR GAME. He is a goaltender

and the first contact he was trying to play his position and the second he was in the blue ice.

But whatever, not like I am going to get an unbiased view on a habs board.

I'll always admit when I'm wrong, but you can't huh?

That makes you a pompus moron, who has now lost all the respect I ever had for you.

Meh. Same old Habs. Cant score 5-on-5, pinned down in their zone for long stretches, cant get 1st to the puck. So much for the "Gainey Effect"...

I'm worried about how easily our smaller forwards were getting pushed around by the Sens' defensemen.

What the hell is wrong with you? How on earth can you use this game to "disprove" what Gainey has done here.

Cheap shot Koz, cheap shot.

Wow. What a GDT.

Seriously, I don't even see why you guys think the Habs played a bad game (some even said terrible...).

The only part of the game where we were dominated, IMO, was the intimidation part.

It took a no-call on Heatley-Gorges to allow them the critical goal. The 3rd one was just an amazing shot by Heatley, again.

If I was Gainey, i would call an obligatory 60 minutes penalty shot practice this morning, just in case...

:ninja:

And I think Gerber initiated the 2nd contact. I dont even think Plekanec intended to even touch him twice.

:ninja:

Ouch! That one is going to hurt and possibly be the one that keeps them out of the playoffs. In the last week or so they have given away 3 points because they couldn't hold onto the lead. Buffalo now Ottawa. The Rangers will pound them tonight.

Ottawa just simply outworked, outhit and out chanced the habs for 60 minutes. Everytime i looked up another habs was getting hit and picking himself off the ice. The good news is there was a team on the ice last night that looked like a playoff team, the bad news it wasn't the habs.

There are some things that are painfully obvious:

O'Byrne has no business in the NHL. I might call up Weber, atleast he can skate and shoot.

The habs are really soft. Only Laraque, Lats and Lapierre seem to get it.

The habs inability to stop taking stupid penalties every night. They just can't learn.

What is up with all the blind passes, drop passes at the blueline, and the turnovers? They just don't understand the concept of getting it deep, make a change, do it again.

Can anyone explain what the goal is for the habs forwards when they skate around the net numerous times then turn it over? I have an idea, GO TO THE NET, draw a penalty, score a goal, bump the goalie, whatever, make something happen.

I forgot, if Price didn't play last night they would have won, he let in several soft goals and theat et the team down. Oh, wait a minute, he didn't play last night. That's ok, I'm sure you guys can blame him tonight.

The habs may want to send the Flyers some flowers, do us a favor cards, pay for soem dinners. If the Flyers win 3 in a row, Habs should get in. Back to back with the Rangers, and Florida tonight i believe.

Because the habs won't win again this year.

What the hell is wrong with you? How on earth can you use this game to "disprove" what Gainey has done here.

Cheap shot Koz, cheap shot.

Nothing has changed, period.

The same problems that plagued this team all season long were there last night:

- PP cant work without Schneider,

- team is offensively impotent 5-on-5,

- they're pinned down in their zone too easily,

- they take dumb penalties,

- they're scared of physical contact

- Plekanec & Higgins produce zero offense

- etc.

Like I said so many times when people were ragging on Carbo: it doesnt matter who the coach is. When Koivu or Plekanec or Gorges is scared shitless to get hit along the boards so they let the opponent get to the puck first, you cant hope to be a tough team to play against.

Cheap shot my ass.

- etc.

Like I said so many times when people were ragging on Carbo: it doesnt matter who the coach is. When Koivu or Plekanec or Gorges is scared shitless to get hit along the boards so they let the opponent get to the puck first, you cant hope to be a tough team to play against.

Cheap shot my ass.

- Markov was out also out, that's both of the PP point men.

- It's difficult to have any offensive flow when your top 2 puck moving D-men are out of the lineup, replaced with guys who have very unrefined offensive games. That makes it difficult to exit the zone cleanly and get an offense running.

- Dumb penalties are on the players, not the coach

- Really? I've been very impressed with the teams physical play lately.

- Plekanec's production hasn't been there, but he's been involved. Higgins has been one of the team's better players lately.

I agree that this last game shouldn't be used as an example of anything. In the few games previous, there was absolutely improvement in how the team was playing. When you're missing your two best puck moving D-men, of course the team is going to struggle.

You forgot to mention Brisby, Tanguay, Kovalev, Markov, O'Byrne, Komi (sometimes). can't remember seeing a team that allows the offensive forecheckers to get a free ride into the corners to get the puck. It's kind of embarrassing.

Koz does bring up the best point, it doesn't matter who coaches the team, the results are always fighting for an 8 seed. Last year EVERYONE played at there best and the stars and moon aligned. This year, same old same old.

This is exactly why i don't want the team to make it, it should force changes to the vets, and bring in new blood to lead the team into the future. 5 new defenseman wouldn't hurt either.

- etc.

Cheap shot my ass.

It is a cheap shot because of the timing. Our two best Dmen are out. It obviously effects the rest of the game when the breakout passes aren't happening.

Where were these comments the last five games when we were dominating?

Fanpuck, they aren't physical man, sorry.

I also mentioned not to get caught up in beating a few bottom feeders. They are significantly more talented then those teams. They should beat them. I can't even remeber the last playoff team they have beat besides the Blackhawks.

PMK, they were dominating botom feeders, nothing else.

That's the key point right there. All the critics were silent the last two weeks when the team was playing its best hockey of the season, but one loss, with arguably three of our better players out of the lineup (markov, schneider and price) and the knives are out again.

Anybody who judges the team's play by last night's game alone is an idiot. You can't point to one game and say, "see I told you they suck". If you look at their body of work the last two weeks, Gainey has put the team in a better position to compete.

holy ###### guys lets make a deal.

We have three games left in this season. How about all you angry, negative doubters leave for the next week. If they miss the playoffs you can all come back and rip the team to shreds to make yourself feel better. Until then just get out of here, nobody wants to listen to you whine, especially when its incoherent illogical ramblings.

It doesn't matter how this team plays, you guys hated the Carbo firing and will pick at any loose thread if you think it gives you a chance to take a shot at Gainey.

Edited by nhfarber

I have to laugh at all the anger and Habs-ripping that's following this loss. Markov is the indispensable man on this team. They hardly ever win with him out of the lineup. Throw in the loss of Schneider, those are *huge* components of our transition game/PP. All this loss really tells us is that we need Markov in order to compete. And all this in turn tells us is that we need to acquire another top-4 puck-moving offensive defenceman if we wish to be true, reliable contenders going forward. No one should draw any further conclusions from this or any other loss in the wake of these injuries. Every team (even Detroit!) has key elements, and three of our key elements (Lang, Schneider, Markov) are gone. We're done. Blaming Gainey or Plekanec is or Youppi! is beside the point. Sometimes you just need NOT to be horribly unlucky. We have been horribly unlucky. The end.

Fanpuck, they aren't physical man, sorry.

I would never call the Habs a physical team, but they have absolutely been playing better physically of late. There were games earlier this year where it seemed like the team didn't throw a single hit. They had games with single digit hits from the entire team and rarely broke the 15 hit mark. Lately, they've been topping 20 hits and they've been more noticeable hits.

P.S. To those pointing out we've been beating weak teams, don't forget we also played Chicago and pretty much dominated them.

I put in Chicago But they have been beating cream puffs.

They have a few physical players who get the majority of hits. It is very noticible in there own end when they continually lose the board battles, lose battles in front of the net, they also aren't strong on the puck. Which leads to the turnovers.

I'm going to go off topic a bit and caution everyone to watch the etiquette. When the Canadiens have dealt with struggles of this magnitude in the past or when the dung hits the fan it can leave all of us seething. Just make sure that your anger doesn't spill overboard and invoke directly an argument with a fellow member. I myself am so furious with this fiasco that I'm quite capable of biting someones' head off here.

I'm angry and you're angry - the worst recipe for "posting wars". Maybe we can remember that and think twice. Think of the Habs as your day job and think of HW as your family - try not to bring work home with you.

Peace

For all this doom and gloom, tonight if we win, we're in. With two games to spare. Against a team that's been struggling more than the Habs have been. And while they're ostensibly healthy, none of their players had as many points as Markov. In fact, with all the big names on that squad, they're doing pretty poorly.

P.S. To those pointing out we've been beating weak teams, don't forget we also played Chicago and pretty much dominated them.

I think Chicago totally dominated us. Price had to play one of the best games of his career to get that win. But I also think we played a decent game last night.

I can't talk for others, but personnaly I kept saying the same thing. All that was different in the past 5 games was the PP clicking and the goalies not allowing 5 softies per game. Having Tangs come back from injury to get Koivu & Kovy going and having Lats bring offense to the Laps line helped alot, but still, as a team, overall, you can't honestly say that they play that differently than they were in in the past 3 months.

Bottom line is: the weaknesses --except for improved goaltending-- are the same. We looked good against bottom-feeders like ATL, TB, NYI and TOR, but against team of comparable talent just out of the playoffs like Buffalo and Ottawa, the lack of a dangerous 2nd line, the mental mistakes by defensemen, the running-around-in-our-zone-for-2-mins: everything is still there.

And again, just as it wasnt Carbo's fault, it's not Gainey's fault. When your C whose supposed to come down low to help the defensemen cant win one damn battle for the puck, you'll struggle. When your D-men cant make a first pass 80% of the time, you'll struggle. When your 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th offensive forwards are slumping badly, you'll struggle. From the circles down to behind the net, these guys are horrible. They cant win a damn battle and cant support each other. It's that simple. And all those things have been problems since early February.

Oh yeah, you must be justified. Brobin disagreeing with me? That NEVER happens.

If Price was in goal he would have blamed him for letting in the 3rd goal.

Butt end? To the inside of his knee? LOL

Wow.. you sure are full of yourself.. I am agreeing with what I see in the video..it has nothing to do with your opinion. I don't just take opposite positions to you, I take positions I believe in. I can't help being right. :lol:

As for Price.. who gives a crap. He is an average goaltender, nothing more right now. He might be great one day, but he is not the savior you predicted. Get over it. We need more then two decent goaltenders.. we need a decent team.