Apr. 7/09 | Montréal vs. Rangers | Game Thread

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Price have to EARN it? You don't say...what a novel concept!

He took the job from Huet last season. Jesus, the revisionist history in here is ridiculous.

GAiney rolled the dice when he decided to save $5M and let Huet walk. You guys act like

Halak is sitting there on the bench with a 2.10 GAA a 25-6-5 record and a .930 SV%.

They have both been average and fantastic at times. What a shock from two goaltenders

in their first FULL NHL seasons.

Stop the incessant whining. Everything that can go wrong has this year, a stark contrast

to last season where all the youth stepped up, Kovalev had a career year and they suffered

ZERO major injuries.

Injuries, sophomore regression, poor seasons by their leaders = Brutal year.

But it is much easier to scapegoat. So please continue to blame Price, it is very insightful.

Price is goddamn horrible, but you don't deserve to win anyway when the 4th line is the only one doing anything offensively. With Halak in that game would be 1-1 tough.

21 year old goaltenders do not hold franchises on their backs. You guys are all free to check and find

one post expansion who won games on his own and propped up a brutal defensive squad to greatness.

Roy did not seperate himself from Hayward until he turned 23, until then he was equal to an average NHL goaltender.

Roy's early legend was forged over 20 great playoff games and followed by two years of inconsitency.

Blaming him and whining about him is pointless. This is on the veterans, if they cannot win ONE game over their final

four then it must be the goaltenders fault.

So unimaginative.

You are missing the point.. I agree that he can't carry this team on his back.. That is why I have always said we are screwed going with two young goalies. Its fine when you are rebuilding, not when you are expecting to win.

That said, it is only one problem with this team. The team is small, soft, and lacking character. The leaders quit on coaches and team mates with depressing regularity. Gainey failed to get a top centre (he tried at least) and is too quick to see prospects as top guys.

This team is built to make the playoffs and exit round 2, if things go well. They are not built to contend for the cup and people who believed that drank too much coolaide.

If I am Gainey, I am going to dump some vets and bring in a real number 1 centre, maybe another decent winger. I resign Tanguay. I get us a vet goalie and trade Halak.

I'm worried that their confidence is sinking due to the injuries.

This team is horribly weak between the ears. That's when the vets have to step up. I hope the 1st line comes out very strong in the 3rd.

And Lats should be scoring tonight. Once every 2 games.

He took the job from Huet last season. Jesus, the revisionist history in here is ridiculous.

GAiney rolled the dice when he decided to save $5M and let Huet walk. You guys act like

Halak is sitting there on the bench with a 2.10 GAA a 25-6-5 record and a .930 SV%.

They have both been average and fantastic at times. What a shock from two goaltenders

in their first FULL NHL seasons.

Stop the incessant whining. Everything that can go wrong has this year, a stark contrast

to last season where all the youth stepped up, Kovalev had a career year and they suffered

ZERO major injuries.

Injuries, sophomore regression, poor seasons by their leaders = Brutal year.

But it is much easier to scapegoat. So please continue to blame Price, it is very insightful.

Huet had better numbers last year. Price was handed the job by Gainey as soon as he had the chance. This year, Halak has outplayed Price, but you don't see Halak being annointed number one. Gainey views Price as number one, it has nothing to do with how the other guy plays. (if you don't believe me, go read the stats).

If Huet wanted 5 mill, you let him walk AFTER the playoffs. You never seem to get that.. you don't dump him for nothing and walk into the playoffs with a kid you hope can do it.

Halak is not a number 1 goalie in this league. Either is Price.

This team was winning against crap teams. Yes, losing Markov and Schneider was a killer and hurts our chances to make the playoffs (I still think we sneak in), but I bet we lose at least 2 of the last 3 games WITH Markov and Schneider.

Wow, do you have the lottery numbers for this Saturday too?

No, but Halak would had stopped the 1st and especially the 2nd goal.

Yes, he took the job from Huet last season. But this year he hasn't maintained the level that earned him the job. There have been times this year when Halak has played well enough to keep starting, but Price was given the starts because of what he did last year.

Please remember that not everyone complaining about Price are blaming everything on him. This team has far greater issues than goaltending. Neither Price nor Halak can suddenly make this team better. They might win a game on their own and lose a game on their own every once in a while. Disagreeing with how the goaltending situation has been handled isn't the same as making Price a scapegoat.

No, but Halak would had stopped the 1st and especially the 2nd goal.

Why is that?

He is smaller than Price and you are assuming that he would have anticipated

Komisarek's brutal giveaway?

Drury made a great shot, on Saturday when Gerber left 2 inches and Kovalev picked a corner

I read how great Kovalev was and what a great shot it was. I didn't hear anybody mention it was a shit goal

because Gerber stunk.

Sometimes players score great goals.

Let's see if Carey can resemble an NHL goaltender for one period, close the door, and give the guys a fighting chance to come back.

Well he just did just that :clap:

Drury made a great shot, on Saturday when Gerber left 2 inches and Kovalev picked a corner

I read how great Kovalev was and what a great shot it was. I didn't hear anybody mention it was a shit goal

because Gerber stunk.

Sometimes players score great goals.

Lol I've always found that funny, when Kovy does it it's a great shot, but when someone does it to us, our goalies suck...

Yikes... Price never did get that puck.. nice couple of saves by the D in that scramble, but we got lucky on that mess.

These guys are not desperate, but you could call them panicked.