Apr. 9/09 | Canadiens vs. Bruins | Game Thread

Spider-Man NL

They have been thumped with all those people you mentioned in the lineup 4 times already this year. It wouldn't matter.

The Bruins are simply bigger, tougher, better work ethic and they have better players.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I say the NHL calls the game now. No sense in any of these guys wasting their time playing, since the outcome is a foregone conclusion, apparently. I swear half the "fans" on this board must be nothing more than trolls.

Go Habs!

Oh no, we might take a penalty against the scum, tut tut, I say chaps, not very sporting of you now is it then? Let's have at them fair and square, as the Marquess of Queesnsbury would have it.

Please, Laraque whack Lucic then just start pounding him, break his jaw and get him out for the playoffs. Turtle, fine, hit him in the spine and the base of the skull until he goes limp.

But in all seriousness, we'll probably get pasted and have the scum think, in their inbred-distorted collective psyche, that they are the ones who won 24 cups. So as long as we make them bleed for it...ALL SCUM ARE FAIR GAME!

Or squeak out a 3-1 win?

Edited by tokyohabs

Ok, thank goodness it's only on the Canadian NHL Network. When I saw that logo, I was worried the US version had added this game last second and it was gonna get blacked out for me.

Though, considering my estimation of how this game with go, I don't know why I should be happy.

GO THRASHERS!

Wow... way too much pessimism on this board.

The Habs are a great team. At the start of the year most of us had them wininng the Cup because of their players, the same players that are on the team today. Let's start cheering for our boys, cause they have a shot at winning tonight, getting into the playoffs, and then it's a whole new season!

Boston is beatable. I look at it this way... They are not as good as the team that finished #1 with Thorton and Samsonov and whoever else was on that team. We are not as bad as the #8 seed we were that year when we had Theo and um, well Theo. AND WE BEAT THEM! So, in the playoffs its gonna come down to goaltending. Hopefully it starts tonight with a big W for Carey and he goes on a nice little run. Who knows...

If we can get some production from our 2nd line, then we will be fine. Kostistyn needs to step up and be the man! He`s gotta be the best player on the ice when he is out there. If we get that, then we`ll win.

C`mon Carey, put this team on your back like I know you can.

Go Habs Go.

We win 2-0.

Oh no, we might take a penalty against the scum, tut tut, I say chaps, not very sporting of you now is it then? Let's have at them fair and square, as the Marquess of Queesnsbury would have it.

Please, Laraque whack Lucic then just start pounding him, break his jaw and get him out for the playoffs. Turtle, fine, hit him in the spine and the base of the skull until he goes limp.

But in all seriousness, we'll probably get pasted and have the scum think, in their inbred-distorted collective psyche, that they are the ones who won 24 cups. So as long as we make them bleed for it...ALL SCUM ARE FAIR GAME!

Or squeak out a 3-1 win?

Hee hee :lol: One of my favourite posts in a while. Mr. Tokyohabs, you have a flair for sarcasm! ^_^

As for the accusation that I'm a troll because I'm pessimistic about the outcome - gimme a break. Chris exagerrates the failings of our team IMHO, but he's right insofar as the Bruins are a better overall team than we are (not *so much* in terms of sheer talent, but in terms of work ethic, team toughness and systems. Whatever we think of Thomas, I also don't see how anyone can deny that he's provided more consistent and high-end netminding than our guys this year). Even without any major injuries, we'd have only a 50-50 chance of winning tonight. That's not pessimism, it's just sober analysis.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Hey how did i get in there? I always say i'm not an optimist, i'm not a pessimist, i am a realist. I call them how i see them.

You are what your record says you are. They are currently a 7 seed, in 2 days they could be a 7 or a 9. I think they'll be a 8 or 9. Depends on Florida, not Montreal. I don't see them getting a point out of either game.

That's all, i'm not picking on anyone.

Wow... way too much pessimism on this board.

The Habs are a great team. At the start of the year most of us had them wininng the Cup because of their players, the same players that are on the team today. Let's start cheering for our boys, cause they have a shot at winning tonight, getting into the playoffs, and then it's a whole new season!

Boston is beatable. I look at it this way... They are not as good as the team that finished #1 with Thorton and Samsonov and whoever else was on that team. We are not as bad as the #8 seed we were that year when we had Theo and um, well Theo. AND WE BEAT THEM! So, in the playoffs its gonna come down to goaltending. Hopefully it starts tonight with a big W for Carey and he goes on a nice little run. Who knows...

If we can get some production from our 2nd line, then we will be fine. Kostistyn needs to step up and be the man! He`s gotta be the best player on the ice when he is out there. If we get that, then we`ll win.

C`mon Carey, put this team on your back like I know you can.

Go Habs Go.

We win 2-0.

Had Lang, Markov and Schneider been in the line-up, i,d say that you were right, but without those three players, the habs don't have the same team. We are missing our best centre, our Norris trophy candidate #1 d-man and our # 2 d-man for the powerplay.

We will need a minor miracle to win tonight!

Hey how did i get in there? I always say i'm not an optimist, i'm not a pessimist, i am a realist. I call them how i see them.

You are what your record says you are. They are currently a 7 seed, in 2 days they could be a 7 or a 9. I think they'll be a 8 or 9. Depends on Florida, not Montreal. I don't see them getting a point out of either game.

That's all, i'm not picking on anyone.

I'm still taking exception with you Chris. I mean for petes sake? Where are those free strippers you promised us?

An awful lot of violence being promoted in this thread. How about Laraque plays a clean, physical game and forces Lucic into a fight through big, punishing hits?

Much rather see BGL cheapshot Lucic or Thomas, a nice headshot on Lucic would be awesome.

Much rather see BGL cheapshot Lucic or Thomas, a nice headshot on Lucic would be awesome.

I don't want to see cheapshots on any goalie. Remember, we do it to theirs, they do it to ours. No thanks.

Hey CC, Habs goalies get run every night and know one steps up or runs the other teams goalie.

So in the habs case it isn't an eye for an eye.

I wouldn't mind soemone crashing the crease and getting a little dirty. The only time this year it happened they scored a goal. Pleks i believe recently.

Why do I have the feeling Boston will thank tonight's game to give us the 7th spot? :rolleyes:

I'm sure they don't want to face us in the 1st round :hlogo:

Are you kidding?!? Julien will want revenge on Gainey for firing him! Not to mention the bruins have totally outplayed us this year! If I were them, I,d definitely wanna face the Habs, especially now that markov and Lang are out for at least 2-3 weeks!

I get the gist of what most people here are trying to say. This team needs to change their Karma. Someone's gotta grab the bull by the horns and salvage the dignity of the team. Whether it's BGL by pounding Lucic, or Kovalev climbing a stepladder and elbowing Chara to the face, bottom line is something's gotta give.

As bi-polar as Carey has seemed over the past 12 months, I think this is his opportunity to live up to his hype.

I PRAY we face the Bruins in the first round. They might be the only team the Habs will actually show up to play against. Let's not forget - the regular season means abosutely nothing come playoff time. As far as I remember u start with a clean slate....

I don't want to see cheapshots on any goalie. Remember, we do it to theirs, they do it to ours. No thanks.

I have no problem with BGL dishing out a cheapshot to any B.

Love to see ittttttttttttttttttttttt.