Apr. 9/09 | Canadiens vs. Bruins | Game Thread

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are a sick, sick person.

Remember dude, hockey isn't 'ballet', but can be a violent sport. Were both habs fans and if you want a pretty and clean win, fine, that's your opinion. But if i'd like to see a Bruin badly abused or given a good cheapshot then i'll cheer for that. Most of all i wanna see a Habs win tonite and if it takes BGL or someone else to dish out some cheapshots to create more room for some of the Habs smaller forwards, then so be it. Let BGL earn some of his moola.

Let's see a Habs win and some dirty play would be awesome.

Just to be clear, I for one am not arguing for cheap shots. What I said was that BGL should pound the crap out of Lucic whether Lucic wants to 'go' or not. That wouldn't be a cheap shot - hitting from behind, knee-on-knee, sucker-punching, etc. - would be. I have no interest in any of that. But if Lucic wants to intimidate our guys while exempting himself from dealing with Laraque, then I say he shouldn't get away with it. That's what Laraque is FOR: to 'correct' any intimidation of our team.

Those who advocate dirty play should logically have had no argument against Williams gouging out Koivu's eyeball or that idiot Bertuzzi crippling Steve Moore. I don't think those plays were acceptable.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Remember dude, hockey isn't 'ballet', but can be a violent sport. Were both habs fans and if you want a pretty and clean win, fine, that's your opinion. But if i'd like to see a Bruin badly abused or given a good cheapshot then i'll cheer for that. Most of all i wanna see a Habs win tonite and if it takes BGL or someone else to dish out some cheapshots to create more room for some of the Habs smaller forwards, then so be it. Let BGL earn some of his moola.

Let's see a Habs win and some dirty play would be awesome.

Violence is part of hockey. Cheap shots are not. Wanting to see another player crushed with a big hit is great. Wanting to see a player injured, whether it's a dirty hit or a clean one, is borderline sadistic. Rooting for injuries is just plain unsportsmanlike. I want to see someone crush Lucic with an open ice hit as much as anyone, but wanting a guy injured is sick.

Those who advocate dirty play should logically have had no argument against Williams gouging out Koivu's eyeball or that idiot Bertuzzi crippling Steve Moore. I don't think those plays were acceptable.

The Bertuzzi incident is a good example, but not the Williams on Koivu bit. That wasn't a dirty play - it was an accident. He tried to lift Koivu's stick and missed. He was anticipating resistance when he move his stick upward, and when he didn't encounter any, his stick went into Koivu's eye.

1st of all we do not have any cheapshot artists on this team. 2ndly we cant afford any one getting suspended as short handed as we are. 3rdly Being a habs fan means we aspire to a higher level. We want another cup. We will always be better than other teams and fans. That is why it is a religion. lol ok even I can't keep a straight face about number 3

That's just stupid to not have Laraque in this game.

I agree 100%. Need his presence. May only be needed for a few shifts, but others like Koivu, Kovy and Tangs can handle more icetime.

Ridiculous if Laraque doesn't play, just stupid. And not even Stewart? Lucic has license to do whatever he wants again.

Nilan, Nilan, Nilan! Who didn't love Chris rattling their bench and pissing off Terry 'Never won a fight' O'Reilly?

Robinson for d-coach; Nilan for team spirit coach!

My guts are churning...haven't felt this way before a game in a long time.

Ridiculous if Laraque doesn't play, just stupid. And not even Stewart? Lucic has license to do whatever he wants again.

Nilan, Nilan, Nilan! Who didn't love Chris rattling their bench and pissing off Terry 'Never won a fight' O'Reilly?

Robinson for d-coach; Nilan for team spirit coach!

I loved 'Knuckles' :clap:

Schneider is playing? so what is wrong with that pussy markov.. ice it, freeze it, brace it, and get out there Markov... :)

I still don't see us winning if Boston shows up. They are just as skilled, but bigger and stronger.

they also have better goaltending...

If Price plays like against the Blackhawks, we got a good chance.

Best game he played since the Tampa Bay game before he got injured. Let's hope the Rangers game was a bump in the road.