Apr. 9/09 | Canadiens vs. Bruins | Game Thread

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigh.. the only thing worse then going out in the first round is going out to Boston...

I know some people are all horny to play them under some misguided belief in history, but the Bruins will kill us in the first round. I would much rather play Washington and take my chances that Price out plays Theo.

It's called youth. That was a prime example of a young guy having a brain-cramp when the intensity ratchets up.

Better it happen now - that he learn that lesson now - than in the playoffs.

I only caught the tail end, but it sounds like the Habs showed up to play and pay the price - am I right?

tough game the boys played hard against all odds they did well Too bad aboyt laps 2weeks ago he was captain now he is a goat

life goes on

the sun will rise tomorrow

Sigh.. the only thing worse then going out in the first round is going out to Boston...

I know some people are all horny to play them under some misguided belief in history, but the Bruins will kill us in the first round. I would much rather play Washington and take my chances that Price out plays Theo.

I'd like Washington too, just to not play the Bruins and save face. Forget about Price outplaying anybody.

Really though, Lats man...he does that all the time. Takes a pass just outside the blueline. then blindly backhands the puck down the ice. The icing was what lead to that play.

It's called youth. That was a prime example of a young guy having a brain-cramp when the intensity ratchets up.

Better it happen now - that he learn that lesson now - than in the playoffs.

I only caught the tail end, but it sounds like the Habs showed up to play and pay the price - am I right?

You missed one of the best and most exciting games of the season.

The Habs did show up and for the most part paid the price tonite.

The big question is... if we do play the Bruins in the first round, do you dress Laraque if you're Gainey?

I would say yes. I know i'm gonna get flack for this one, but i'd stick him in for Kostopolo, as his play has been mediocre of late. He did play well in the playoffs last year though.

I would say yes. I know i'm gonna get flack for this one, but i'd stick him in for Kostopolo, as his play has been mediocre of late. He did play well in the playoffs last year though.

I have been feeling the same way about Kosto lately...his play has tailed off in the last few games.

You missed one of the best and most exciting games of the season.

The Habs did show up and for the most part paid the price tonite.

That was one of the most stressful games I have watched in years.

Preferring the Bruins to the Capitals is essentially picking your poison. Theo may not be great,

but neither is Biron and he killed the Habs last year with a combination of posts and playing the best

hockey of his career.

I want the Bruins because of the shit they pulled tonight. If the Habs can get Markov back they have

just as much of a chance to beat the Bruins as they do the Caps.

Last season everybody wanted the Bruins and Flyers because the Habs went 12-0 against them,

well 12-0 turned into 5-7.

Are they cup contenders? Nope, but with a clean slate anything can happen in one round. Bruins or not.

I have been feeling the same way about Kosto lately...his play has tailed off in the last few games.

His effort is there, but that seems to be about it.

Many times getting caught out of position trying for the hit.

Done very little to chip in offensively. With the way Laps and Lats are playing someone like S.Kostitsyn(if healthy) would add some more offense to the line.

Especially if the Habs play Boston, then i think you gotta sit him down for BGL at least once.