Schneider Skates With The Team

Seb

This is so difficult to gauge. Gainey isn't going to let slip any positive or negative news on the players or injuries. It'd be easier to get the Fort Knox vault access codes than it would be to get the news on Schneider. Gainey is in playoff hush mode as it relates to any ailments.

He has a shoulder injury so that shouldn't prevent him from skating but why the full gear? And, why isn't he skating solo?

If he truly was finished, you'd think the team would disclose it. Where's the logic in keeping news of a player who is done under wraps?

More than meets the eye me thinks

LOL

Wonder just how bad Schneider is... Going to very interesting to see if he even takes any shots tonight. My guess is he'll be there to try and get the puck to Weber. Still, you gotta know Boston is going to make sure to hit him hard given that there's still a chance we'll play against each other in the first round.

Yeah, Pat Hickey said that his shot had nothing on it, but he is skating and passing well. I guess they're looking at bumping O'Byrne out of the lineup, dressing Weber as a forward, and putting Schneider and Dandy back on D.

Crazy.

I'll take 50% Schneider over 100% O'Byrne any day.

Agreed. I wonder if they will have BGL shadow Lucic again. May keep him from taking a run at Schneider.

Agreed. I wonder if they will have BGL shadow Lucic again. May keep him from taking a run at Schneider.

Schneider should play with his stick and elbows up at all times....if someone wants to run him, the price they pay should be a flattened nose or a carved up face. It's worth taking the penalty.

Schneider should play with his stick and elbows up at all times....if someone wants to run him, the price they pay should be a flattened nose or a carved up face. It's worth taking the penalty.

Schneider's never been above a little stickwork...I'm sure he can protect himself, but really, that's Laraque's job and now is the time for BGL to step up and do it.

This is good news, as much for the psychological lift it will give the team as for the actually on-ice talent. Losing Markov AND Schneider was one of those double-whammies that's really tough to rise above mentally, especially when your team is just in the process of rediscovering its game after the worst slump in living memory. At least now the players can take some heart that the situation isn't as horrible as it first appeared.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

This is what dedication and leadership is all about. I really hope the kids are learning from him.

would sign him next year if the price was right.

This is what dedication and leadership is all about. I really hope the kids are learning from him.

would sign him next year if the price was right.

:clap: Hopefully he sees himself the way Breezer did when he signed on the cheap...as a guy who'd like to close the book on a great career where it all started, with money not being that big an issue.

Not only would he be great for teaching all the kids what dedication and toughness is all about, but he'd be a great tutor for Weber...teaching him how to get the shot through from the point with regularity.

Edited by sbhatt