Canadiens vs. Bruins - Round One

rafikz

Even if they make it to the finals, I would like to see where their confidence goes when they have to play Detroit. The Bruin's are a good team this year, but I'm not sure they are in the same league.

Edited by ForumGhost

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if they make it to the finals, I would like to see where their confidence goes when they have to play Detroit. The Bruin's are a good team this year, but I'm not sure they are in the same league.

The Wings won't be making it past Mase. :B)

I tell Montreal and Boston fans the same thing. The Bruins have a right to be confident and they'll likely win but make no mistake that the history between these two clubs throws that for a loop.

Geez, the B's fans IMO are way TOO over confident. In perspective, the Bruins could win the Stanley cup. All of the ingredients are there. But the way some of my friends and total strangers that are B's fans are coming off, you'd think that they were going to sweep every series. The cockiness is heighting to levels of: "why have a playoff, just give it to Boston". Someone find me a Boston fan that is living in reality. B's fans - never, never ever disdain the Holy Grail of Hockey by being this pompous! It's NOT easy to win!!!

Their heads are way too high. And, they're playing the Canadiens. Chances are, even if the B's take us out we are likely to hurt them along the way. And, maybe - just maybe we'll win!!!

GO HABS GO

Pats, Celtics and Red Sox. That is why Boston fans are arrogant right now.

10 years ago it was not the same. They have been accustomed to things going there way

since 2001. Pats upsetting the Rams, Sox coming back from 3-0, Celts going from worst to first.

I pay no attention to the talking heads. Go back and check their predictions for last season.

You know, the soundbites where they said "Habs have won 12 straight" and "The Bruins 28th ranked

penalty kill is no match for the Habs top ranked powerplay".

It is actually quite good when the analysts are in agreement on things.

NO SERIES could have looked more one sided than Habs/Bruins last year, and that sucker came

down to ONE game. You play the games on the ice, not in the sports studio.

Edited by Wamsley01

Ok well, i thought i had the green light for making the postseason game threads... I mean, i even made sure to post about it asking if anyone had objections and if it wasn't enough, KoZed put it in his signature :lol:

But anyway, if you want to do them, go ahead, just say so, i don't mind, but for game 1's thread, aka this game, i already did the graphics and all that and i was going to post it sometime tonight, but you beat me to it. So to not let content go to waste, I'll post it and i'll let the mods decide what they want to do.

Edited by Cataclaw

That's what I meant too. I didn't think it was the official thread. No offence was intended when I said someone got excited. I am excited too. Sorry if you took offence Raf, and thanks for the thread.

Beautiful Job there Cataclaw. you may want to keep it for Game 2 as there's already a Gm 1 thread going on!!

That's what I meant too. I didn't think it was the official thread. No offence was intended when I said someone got excited. I am excited too. Sorry if you took offence Raf, and thanks for the thread.

No offence taken, it's all good ^_^

Like i said in the other thread:

Honestly, I don't care who makes the game threads, as long as they get done :)

However... because it had been decided a few weeks ago that i'd be making them in the postseason (KoZed even mentions it in his signature) i got started working on my graphics a few days ago. I spent nearly 3 hours making this GDT, so i'll throw up the GDT as planned and let the mods decided what to do. They can toss this one, they can toss the other one, they can merge them, it's up to them.

Just, please... in the future, if we decide to designate person X for a GDT, as we did in this case, let that person go ahead and put up the thread.. it's a lot of work that goes to waste if someone else jumps in with a thread first.

Edited by Cataclaw

Yep game 2 through 7 are ready, minus the stats which have to be done after the games.

Thanks for merging, i think that was the best thing to do. The only thing is the game thread stuff is on page 3... lol

Can you edit rafikz' first post and throw my GDT there? Or move my post to the first page at least?

:clap: awesome job Cat!

For this game, Ill merge both threads. Cat, you got game 2 ready? :D

Good idea KoZed :clap:

Yep game 2 through 7 are ready, minus the stats which have to be done after the games.

Thanks for merging, i think that was the best thing to do. The only thing is the game thread stuff is on page 3... lol

Can you edit rafikz' first post and throw my GDT there? Or move my post to the first page at least?

Beautiful job you've done Cataclaw, great layout :clap:

Im sorry i don't like how this game thread was done. I would rather have Spider-Man NL or Cataclaw do the game threads. Random people dont work especially if you just put random pictures and start the thread a week beofre the playoffs. You should get permission to do game threads...end of story.

Btw Cataclaw did you do it on purpose to write Boston Ruins?

Edited by Koivu11

Since my memory span is greater than one game.... but man, did Kostitsyn look good in that last game.

Yeah, to bad he hasn't done anything for the past 20 games!?!?!

Im sorry i don't like how this game thread was done. I would rather have Spider-Man NL or Cataclaw do the game threads. Random people dont work especially if you just put random pictures and start the thread a week beofre the playoffs. You should get permission to do game threads...end of story.

I don't think anybody should ever be reprimanded for showing initiative.

Everybody who starts a gamethread at any point in the season has my respect.

1st of all, as I mentioned to Cataclaw, I didn't know someone in particular was supposed to start a GT; furthermore, in other forums, you don't have to ask an authorization; the 1st to start a GT has ownership.

Secondly, Cataclaw and I have figured this out; I let him know that he can ask the Moderator to edit the 1st post of this thread with his game intro.

Finally, I really don't care if you like it or not, especially since you barely have 152 posts

I don't think anybody should ever be reprimanded for showing initiative.

Everybody who starts a gamethread at any point in the season has my respect.

Thank you; well put

Edited by rafikz

I was just saying no offence to you rafikz it because maybe im so used to spideys threads im sorry i offended you. But since when are we judged by our posts?? I have been on this site since 05 and just because i don't post much doesn't give me less credibility...

I was just saying no offence to you rafikz it because maybe im so used to spideys threads im sorry i offended you. But since when are we judged by our posts?? I have been on this site since 05 and just because i don't post much doesn't give me less credibility...

It's all good :clap:

Peace

Hey now, let's not blow this out of proportions eithers...

Anyone who takes the initiative to make a GDT has my respect, and i thank rafikz for that. The timing was just awkward... anyway, the mods have sorted it out.

ON TO WHAT MATTERS

PRE-SERIES DISCUSSSION!

I'm going to *really* go against conventional wisdom here and call it for the Habs in 4. Blind optimism? Nope. Just that with the Habs... what you expect is always the opposite of what happens. :D

Edited by Cataclaw