Avalanche Fire Francois Giguere

jetsniper

The Colorado Avalanche Hockey Club announced today that Executive VP/General Manager Francois Giguere has been relieved from his duties. Effective immediately, Avalanche President and Alternate Governor Pierre Lacroix will oversee the franchise until a new management structure is announced.

Pierre Lacroix issued the following statement:

“The results of this season are unacceptable. We feel a new direction is needed which re-emphasizes those standards of excellence our fans have grown accustomed to since 1995. We will work diligently towards reclaiming our identity that made our brand so special and unique.

“We are too proud of what we have accomplished in this market to ignore where we are and what happened in just a very short period of time. Ownership and the dedicated Avalanche fans throughout the region deserve better results.

“The immediate future of this franchise is my primary concern so it was important to act now and start the process of restoring this franchise to where it belongs.”

The Avalanche has not set a timetable for finalizing a new management structure. Until such an announcement is made, there will be no further comment from any member of the team’s hockey operations staff.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Take Granato with you!

Great news for Colorado !!!

Goulet the next GM ??

Possibly. I've heard rumors that Lacroix's health is better and he could return to the position (which doesn't seem likely now, given that statement) or Eric Lacroix could possibly be the GM. Oh yeah, Craig Billington is another name thats been tossed around.

I'm getting tired of keeping things in-house though, some fresh blood would be nice. Patrick Roy is supposedly the big front-runner if Granato gets canned.

Actually, they can take Tucker and Clark's bloated contracts with them as well.

Edited by jetsniper

Possibly. I've heard rumors that Lacroix's health is better and he could return to the position (which doesn't seem likely now, given that statement) or Eric Lacroix could possibly be the GM. Oh yeah, Craig Billington is another name thats been tossed around.

I'm getting tired of keeping things in-house though, some fresh blood would be nice. Patrick Roy is supposedly the big front-runner if Granato gets canned.

Actually, they can take Tucker and Clark's bloated contracts with them as well.

Except Arnason stays.

;)

Except Arnason stays.

;)

No, his contract is up! He's gone! I don't have to see Raycroft in an Avs jersey ever again too.

I get to say I told you so on Granato too.

One crappy season for the Avs but deep down I'm Lacroix likes his chances to land one of the top names at the draft and won't call this season a total waste.

I'm praying to God that our number comes up tomorrow for Tavares but if it doesn't, Duchene, Kane or Schenn aren't bad consolation prizes. This is a good draft so it's not like we picked a bad time to totally tank.

No, his contract is up! He's gone! I don't have to see Raycroft in an Avs jersey ever again too.

I get to say I told you so on Granato too.

I'm praying to God that our number comes up tomorrow for Tavares but if it doesn't, Duchene, Kane or Schenn aren't bad consolation prizes. This is a good draft so it's not like we picked a bad time to totally tank.

I will admit you were right on Granato, but I was just trying to be optomistic. He still couldn't coach the Avs to secure either Tavares or Hedman.:P

I also meant that the Avs will sign Arnason to a 5 year 25 mill deal. :P

If the Avs don't get the top pick, then hopefully they go with Duchene. The kids going to be sick.

I will admit you were right on Granato, but I was just trying to be optomistic. He still couldn't coach the Avs to secure either Tavares or Hedman.:P

I also meant that the Avs will sign Arnason to a 5 year 25 mill deal. :P

If the Avs don't get the top pick, then hopefully they go with Duchene. The kids going to be sick.

some people even talked about Duchene being picked before tavares.

At first Roy was the GM for Quebec City Remparts.

He saw what was need to be done and went behind the bench.

Patrick Roy as GM, Carbo has coach, Patrick swear to him that he

will never fire him...you know the story.

HNIC just predicted last weekend that Roy would end up as the new Avs coach. He was apparently offered the job last summer but felt he wasn't ready for the NHL yet. I'm sure Granato's job is safe until the team decides who the new GM is but when that happens, he'll be gone. He's had two chances with the team and failed both times.

HNIC just predicted last weekend that Roy would end up as the new Avs coach. He was apparently offered the job last summer but felt he wasn't ready for the NHL yet. I'm sure Granato's job is safe until the team decides who the new GM is but when that happens, he'll be gone. He's had two chances with the team and failed both times.

You won't admit it but I know Jacques Lemaire is your first choice.....

:B)

I heard Michel Therrien is looking for a job.

bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha

:D

Well, at least we now know an infinitely more likely destination for Bouwmeester. Part A of the rebuild, methinks.