The Habsworld.net 2009 Playoff Thread

This is my usual playoff HW tradition. Decided since I've done this the last 2 years then I might as well keep it going. It'd be a good idea to visit the thread "1st round predictions" by marky_and_komi or "Stanley Cup Finals" by les_glorieux before you post here since this thread won't be in official mode until the start of the playoffs.

4th.png

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woo, lets go Blue Jackets!

I'll be surprised if Calgary gets their series past 5 games. They're still being killed by injuries, didn't beat Chicago all season and Khabibulin is the #1 Flames killer in the league right. Dating back to his time with Winnipeg, the guy has a 22-5-2 record against Calgary all-time. Thats crazy.

My Top 3 matchups

1. Habs vs Boston: duh

2. Ducks vs San Jose : If someone can upset the Sharks in round 1, I think it is the Ducks

3. Pens vs Philly : The Battle of the Pensylvania

Seriously? With Jonas Hiller?

I don't think Hiller will be a savior. I just think that the Ducks defense and offense COULD crush San Jose.

As for Hiller, it wouldn't be the first time that an underdog goalie pulls miracles cough cough Cam Ward cough cough.

Hiller is awesome, a great goalie, with a great postseason record. he has had postseason succes everywhere he has played so far.

but aren't the ducks starting giguere? he hasn't been the same though, giguere, ever since his father passed away.

I usually go about .500 in my predictions, so let's see how close I am this time around.

East:

1) Boston vs. 8) Montreal - Montreal in six.

2) Washington vs. 7) New York - Washington in five.

3) New Jersey vs. 6) Carolina - Carolina in seven.

4) Pittsburgh vs. 5) Philadelphia - Pittsburgh in six.

West:

1) San Jose vs. 8) Anaheim - San Jose in seven.

2) Detroit vs. 7) Columbus - Detroit in six.

3) Vancouver vs. 6) St. Louis - St. Louis in six.

4) Chicago vs. 5) Calgary - Chicago in five.

All the matchups looks great! I'm really looking forward to this season's playoffs. I'll be watching 2 games a night starting tomorrow :)

Sucks Philly/Pit and NYR/WSH plays at the same time, I'm really interested in both.

This is my usual playoff HW tradition. Decided since I've done this the last 2 years then I might as well keep it going. It'd be a good idea to visit the thread "1st round predictions" by marky_and_komi or "Stanley Cup Finals" by les_glorieux before you post here since this thread won't be in official mode until the start of the playoffs.

bestsmally-1.png

Can you make this widescreen?

Boston

Washington

Carolina

Philedelphia

SJ

Destroit

St.Loo

Calgary

~~

Bos v Pha

Philedelphia

Was v Car

Carolina

SJ v Cgy

SJ

Det v StL

Detroit

~~

Pha v Car

Carolina

SJ v Det (best series of playoffs)

SJ

~~

SJ v Car

SJ

Can you make this widescreen?
Sorry to answer a question with a question but in what way and why? Is it for a desktop wallpaper? Or would it be better to have it wide so it could fit on the screen on HW better?

...and yes, I can but I'll await your reply for specifics

Do we post for the whole Playoffs or just the First Round?

If its only the First Round then here are my picks for it. If its for the whole playoffs I'll add it later.

East:

1) Boston vs. 8) Montreal - Boston in six.

2) Washington vs. 7) New York - Washington in six.

3) New Jersey vs. 6) Carolina - New Jersey in seven.

4) Pittsburgh vs. 5) Philadelphia - Pittsburgh in six.

West:

1) San Jose vs. 8) Anaheim - San Jose in five.

2) Detroit vs. 7) Columbus - Detroit in six.

3) Vancouver vs. 6) St. Louis - Vancouver in five.

4) Chicago vs. 5) Calgary - Chicago in seven.

Seriously? With Jonas Hiller?

Hiller will do fine IMO but we'll see soon enough. Whitney and especially Wisniewski have been great for them as of late and that could help.

O yeah it all starts in 15 minutes. :)

OMG Théodore is horrible!

The Caps are ridiculously outplaying the Rangers yet they're loosing 3-1 before pretty boy Théo cant stop a beach ball.

OMG Théodore is horrible!

The Caps are ridiculously outplaying the Rangers yet they're loosing 3-1 before pretty boy Théo cant stop a beach ball.

This is why I wanted to play Washington.. I can see how we could beat them. Get decent goaltending and a lot of weak goals... Washington D is not very good and Theo can't stop a beach ball.

I don't see how we beat Boston.

Weird, Theo usually waits till the 2nd round to completely blow chunks. I guess the reduced salary means a reduced playoff performance. Boudreau didn't sound impressed but Theo will still get the start in Game 2.

I'd just go to the future of the franchise in Varlamov, see what he can do.

Sorry to answer a question with a question but in what way and why? Is it for a desktop wallpaper? Or would it be better to have it wide so it could fit on the screen on HW better?

...and yes, I can but I'll await your reply for specifics

Wallpaper 1440 by 900 if you do not mind.

Thanks.