The Habsworld.net 2009 Playoff Thread

I still think it's too blurry to make a conclusive call. It certainly looks like it is in, but I wouldn't bet my life on it. You can extrapolate that the puck is over the line because the top looks like its over, but you can't make a call based on extrapolation.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone catch the early whistle in the Detroit - Anaheim game? What a huge mistake.

I just can't believe it. Even if I cheer for the Ducks...

I'm not sure who but a Cap got completely bowled over in open ice without the puck. That was the same rush that led to the winning goal.

Yeh, it was blatant interference, and considering that the Caps were already on the PK, an even more significant non-call.

I'm starting to have a major problem with the way refs call games in the playoffs. I understand and am grateful they let them play hockey more than the regular season, but that should be nothing more than calling stupid hooks and things like that. Now it's at a point where they will ignore major penalties just to keep things even. They have some kind of scoresheet in their head that will cause them to look for penalties or ignore them completely.

I think they should ignore minor things, but if you see a blatant penalty, call it!

CAR leads BOS 3-2 - PIT leads WSH 3-2 - DET leads ANA 3-2 - CHI leads VAN 3-2

I am also annoyed with the officiating. It isn't the non-calls so much as it's the inconsistency. In the 1st period of most games they let them play and disregard blantant fouls. Then, out of the blue in the 2nd they start calling hooking that would have been called in the regular season. Or, the 1st and 2nd referee have different opinions and styles on what they choose to call. All the while the players don't know what to do or not do. :angry:

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

Last night just sucked but I'd be a fool if I didn't think that game was downright entertaining. The officiating sucked and can certainly be argued that it was in favor of the Hawks, but it's not what cost the Nucks the series. Hawks definitely deserved to win that series and congrats to them.

During game 4 while we were leading with about 4 minutes remaining, I was telling myself that the Hawks very well could tie it here and I'll be looking back at this point as the turning point. Of course I was hopeful we'd go up 3-1 but I can read this team like a book and they did it again. :lol:

Always next year. Great year Nucks! :clap:

As for now, go Hawks!

Edited by Captain_Stealth

The officiating sucked...
Actually, you are on to something there. This could be the 2009 NHL headline. They could declare it. Let's convince Daly and Bettman to call the 2009 season the "The Officiating Sucked NHL 2009 Season" :lol:

It might as well be that way! :angry:

3-1 Boston - 10:45 left to go in the 2nd.

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien