The Habsworld.net 2009 Playoff Thread

Did anyone else see that crazy finish to the Jersey/Carolina game? I couldn't believe what I'd seen.

The NHL made the correct ruling on the supposed goalie interference as well IMO. Brodeur left the crease entirely and put himself in the path of the skater so it was his fault.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Clues -Nucks OT period was the best hockey I've seen this year.

And my boy Alex goes out and scores the winner !!

Bravo Alex!!

Edited by marky_and_komi

Yeah, now it just depends if Vancouver really is that strong or if they got lucky and happened to play a team that didn't technically belong in the playoffs. Thought the Blues would put up more of a fight but in hindsight they were probably too inexperienced. I bet they'll be a better team next year though.

Anyway, if it's the former, I think Vancouver has the best shot at the SCF. A Detroit-Vancouver WCF is most likely now IMO even if the Sharks come back to win their series.

WHAT A GAME, WHAT A NIGHT, WHAT A ######ING FINISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now for round two!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, if it's the former, I think Vancouver has the best shot at the SCF. A Detroit-Vancouver WCF is most likely now IMO even if the Sharks come back to win their series.

No it's not you stupid idiot, if the Sharks win then Vancouver plays Detroit in the 2nd round (Columbus isn't beating Detroit in 4 straight now).

God, what a dumbass thing to say, I hate you.

Detroit went up 3-0 on Columbus yesterday as well AC.
Curse TSN :lol: (Seriously, I checked their site)

VAN def STL 4-0 - ANA leads S.J 2-1 - DET leads CLB 3-0 - CHI leads CGY 2-1

BOS leads MTL 3-0 - NYR leads WAS 2-1 - N.J tied CAR 2-2 - PIT leads PHI 2-1

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

No it's not you stupid idiot, if the Sharks win then Vancouver plays Detroit in the 2nd round (Columbus isn't beating Detroit in 4 straight now).

God, what a dumbass thing to say, I hate you.

+1

:D

I officially call the San Jose Sharks : The Western Ottawa Senators !!!

Yeah, theres gonna be major changes in San Jose. What a bunch of losers, all that Cup experience they added and it didn't do squat.

Thornton is still a nancy in the playoffs.

Yeah, theres gonna be major changes in San Jose. What a bunch of losers, all that Cup experience they added and it didn't do squat.

Thornton is still a nancy in the playoffs.

He gets way too much adoration and fan credit IMO. Especially from Don Cherry. How can one defend a guy who shows up in the 2006 playoffs with a suntan/burn? Remember that one? One easily can get dehydrated faster under those conditions. And, in that playoff Thornton was awful, slow and looked tired.

He gets way too much adoration and fan credit IMO. Especially from Don Cherry. How can one defend a guy who shows up in the 2006 playoffs with a suntan/burn? Remember that one? One easily can get dehydrated faster under those conditions. And, in that playoff Thornton was awful, slow and looked tired.

He dissapears during any high pressure situation, he's done almost nothing on the world stage as well. I like the guy but man, he's nowhere to be found when you absolutely need him. I was wondering earlier this season if he had another shitty playoffs whether that might put his spot on the Olympic team in question. I hope it does.

Watch Detroit absolutely destroy Anaheim in the 2nd round too, make San Jose look even worse.

The Rag$ are redefining dysfunctional :P - Back to Washington. :popcorn: Rag$ advantage has evaporated - buhahahaha

And, at least Big ol' Joe answered some sort of bell with a 3 point night. Now he has to do it for 2 more games.

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

WOOOW 5-1 Washington! What's this game been like? Anyone watching?

The Caps are a much better team, plain and simple. More talent AND more heart. The only reasons this serie's not over yet : Lundquist and Théodore.

I hope Varlamov won't falter once he face a team with an actual offense.

I am. It's possible that the top 4 in the east advance. Home ice (1,2,3,4) teams might win all series in the east. When was the last time that happened?

Quite recently in fact : 2006

(1) Ottawa beats (8) Tampa 4-1

(2) Carolina beats (7) Habs 4-2

(3) Devils beats ( 6) Rangers 4-0

(4) Buffalo beats (5) Philly 4-2

In the West it was the opposite, 5,6,7,8 advanced :lol:

(8) Edmonton beats (1) Detroit 4-2

(7) Colorado beats (2) Dallas 4-1

( 6) Anaheim beats (3) Calgary 4-3

(5) San Jose beats (4) Nashville 4-1

Edited by Jean

Ladies and gentlemen, your 2009 chokers!

In the western corner, our usual guests : Joe Thornton and his San Jose Sharks

and in the eastern corner.. the New Jersey Devillllllssssss