April 18th, 2009 | Canadiens @ Bruins | Game 2 Thread

Cataclaw

Laraque GOT TO COME OFF THE FIRST LINE..he not helping us win so what the point..unless laraque is going to drop the gloves and make chara fight him ..but he wont..because my fat cat is more a shit starter then laraque

Edited by KEEP26

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

man I am sick of all the fairweather fans on this board. You guys are pathetic.

I hope you are not referring to me. I have been a habs fan for more then 35 years. If I was a fair weather fan, I would be following them only if the won. I am still hear watching them, every last game. I buy tickets, etc.

As a true fan, I don't have to lie about what I think of them. I don't think they are very good. I want them to be better.

Edited by brobin

Laraque GOT TO COME OFF THE FIRST LINE..he not helping us win so what the point..unless laraque is going to drop the gloves and make chara fight him ..but he wont..because my fat cat is more a shit starter then laraque

Your wish was granted, and we score. :)

Boo boo done for the night.

Nice...........Price with 2 big saves before Kovy goal; which was from a BAD angle. Christ I can hear the whining now if that had been Price who let one like that in............. :wacko:

Good that they scored. But with this team it always seems to be too little, too late. Hopefully that's not the case here.

The Julien firing! Give me a freakin' break. Julien was fired because he was not developing the young talent. Under his tutelage Komisarek was a 6th defenceman. That was an EXCELLENT firing. I am soooo tired of people dredging up last week's news out of context.

Do these guys suck? I dunno. The main problem on this team is breakdowns - dumb plays that cost us. Each of the B's three goals last game was a direct result of glaring errors. If you look at the game as a whole, we were at least the equal of the Bruins...but those three plays killed us. The sequence on this game's first goal is another example: we're outplaying them by a wide margin; then a totally IDIOTIC penalty by Sergei Kostitsyn; great play by Komisarek, but a rushed and inept clearing attempt by Higgins; a similar fumble by Metropolit; and a save that Price at least conceivably could have made (although it'd be a stretch to call it a bad goal by him).

If any one of those four questionable plays doesn't happen, the goal doesn't happen. And instead of talking about this team sucking, we're ecstatic at our dominance.

Note that three of the five Habs I name above are under 26. That may be part of the problem. But how come other teams' young players don't seem to have these catastrophic breakdowns?

Depressing. Still, if we manage to squeak out a win, hey, it gets a lot less depressing. (Trouble is, this is a team in which it's incredibly hard to have any faith).

Looked like a partial screen............But why the F can't we play guys at the blueline instead of constantly backing in?? Like what their D are doing to our forwards?

Just when I was *this* close to starting to believe Price could be a big-time goaltender that would shut the door and not allow the 3rd goal for a change.

A softie no less.

I'm convinced, that the Habs D needs to let the Bruins players go in alone, instead of standing there letting them shoot. Block the shot or move out of the way, not excusing Price, he NEEDED to have that one.

Man, Kovalev needs to be used on all four lines. He's totally on his own. At least unite him with Metro so he'll have someone half-interested in playing hockey on his line.

Mr. Slave takes a penalty, but a necessary one. Hope we can kill this off...

EDIT: Ugh, victory is looking out of reach... That one Price didn't have a chance on. The pass was cross ice AND he was screen.

Edited by ForumGhost

In any event, we are losing because of our penalty kill being completely at the mercy of their power play.

That puzzle must be solved for any possibility of victory. Attempting to avoide penalties simply leads to frustration and pointing fingers.

Our Defense is ho-rri-ble

That's why we need Tang back with Koivu and Kovalev; we need to generate offense, and that's not going to happen with BGL on the 1st line