April 20th, 2009 | Canadiens vs. Bruins | Game 3 Thread

Cataclaw

I think Gainey has made a ton of mistakes, but at least he usually doesn't panic. I just don't see another viable option at GM - particularly with the language issue. I really don't want Gauthier in that role. his problem is that I think he has a tendency to be too loyal to his players and players he is familiar with. He also tends to put blinders when he thinks he is right. But, again, who else do you bring in. With the rabid media in Montreal, you need someone who can be a calming influence.

The big question is who do you bring in as coach??? I REALLY don't want to see Hartley, just bcoz he is french. He is a lousy coach and won in spite himself with a loaded lineup in Colorado. But hasn't done anything since. I think i'd rather even have Patrick Roy over him - even though he probably isn't ready either.

Personlaly, from the available coaches, I like Laviolette, but he is not french. I really wish that Gainey had hired Andy Murrey as a head coach instead of a consultant a few years back. He would have been the first career, NHL experienced coach the Habs had since Demers.

I personally don't want to see Roy as coach. He polarized the room as a player, and I can't help feeling he would do the same thing as a coach. I feel he would be a really divisive force. (One thing for sure, we'd have to get rid of Schneider, as they once had a fist fight in the dressing room.) :-)

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1

Also, you forgot to mention SOURAY in that paragraph full of BG fail over the past few seasons.

BG canned his close personal friend at the most opportune time for HIMSELF to shine, and he still failed miserably down the stretch and into the playoffs. Seven straight losses now, most since 1937 ... bravo BG, captain of the failboat.

You know, when Carbo got fired, I personally adopted a wait and see attitude. I wasn't sure if Gainey was right in Carbo having lost the room. Based on subsequent events though, it appears that all he did was get rid of a good coach.

See, it's comments like this that discourage me from participating in these boards. Someone who doesn't agree with you gets called a name, "bandwagon assholes." I suppose YOUR opinion is the RIGHT one, correct?

I also happen to disagree with you and am willing to bet have been a fan MUCH longer than you (I'm 58). I think Gainey has to go because of a SERIES of mistakes: Price, Streit, Huet, Carbonneau, Ryder, Ribeiro and not because of the poor team performance this year. Also, I'll repeat what I've said earlier: why is Price ANNOINTED to the Habs job? Even Fisher has been questioning this throughout the year. Why doesn't PERFORMANCE determine who plays? In all my years rooting for the Habs, I've never seen something like this.

If you had taken the time to read some of the posts you would have realised there was no opinnion expressed in the post I was responding to. It simply was fire Bob Gainey. If you had taken the time to read my previous post you may be able to figure out why I responded that way. As to your nonsense about being 58 whoop dee doo I have been cheering for the habs since 1962 Does that qualify me to have an opinion in your estimation.

knee jerk stupid fire everyone trade everyone posts should be attacked they serve no purpose except to piss people off. capice

If you had taken the time to read some of the posts you would have realised there was no opinnion expressed in the post I was responding to. It simply was fire Bob Gainey. If you had taken the time to read my previous post you may be able to figure out why I responded that way. As to your nonsense about being 58 whoop dee doo I have been cheering for the habs since 1962 Does that qualify me to have an opinion in your estimation.

knee jerk stupid fire everyone trade everyone posts should be attacked they serve no purpose except to piss people off. capice

Where did I say you can't have an opinion? It was the name-calling I was complaining about.

"Capice" - are you a paisan of mine? Heaven help me, I may have admonished a cousin!!! :-)