April 20th, 2009 | Canadiens vs. Bruins | Game 3 Thread

Cataclaw

and people called Carbo stubborn!!!!

It seems to me that Gainey is not giving the team their best chance to win. Nor is he doing Price any favors.

So if we lose tonight, he will put Halak in for the 4th game, when it is all but over.

If I am Halak, I am looking to get out of Montreal ASAP. As long as Gainey is here, Halak will never get a chance. The decisions are clearly not based on merit.

I don't think Halak is better, but he has played better, the pressure would be zero on Halak

and this team needs a spark.

IMO, he should have gone with Jaro

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK take this however you want, but this was my dream right before I woke up this morning:

In some sort of press room in the Bell Centre, Guy Carbonneau interview me in French about what I thought concerning the fact that Chris Gratton was going to play tonight. I responded pretty well except it took me a couple seconds to remember who Chris Gratton was.

The string of bad luck continues, and if the Bell centre booed Price, they are clueless.

Some people never learn! I guess I should not be surprised, they booed Roy after two Cups

and three Vezinas.

God... I am not sure I can even bring myself to watch this train wreck tonight. Our only hope is Boston not showing up tonight, but I suspect they are relishing this game now. Thomas must be shaking in his boots with the offensive lineup coming at him tonight.

The string of bad luck continues, and if the Bell centre booed Price, they are clueless.

Some people never learn! I guess I should not be surprised, they booed Roy after two Cups

and three Vezinas.

Perhaps they are booing Gainey for putting the kid in. Shit.. we have no hope.. so put in Halak and hope for a miracle. If it doesn't work out, at least he spared Price a miserable night.

Can you imagine if Price gives up a stinker... poor kid.

Tanguay and Schneider out!!!!

Stick in a fork in Carey Price's ass...with a D of Hamrlik, Komisarek, Gorges, Dandy, O'Bryne and Weber, he's done. And so is the season. :puke:

Did you see Joel Bouchard's analysis of the goals against Price, by the way? 5 of 8 goals have been scored the stick side and scored by righties, who will apparently be disadvantaged in shooting at Price's stick side. Bouchard - one of the best analysts around - says this is a sure sign of a goalie whose positioning is off and whose confidence is probably low.

So...will we keep the Prunes to under 5 goals tonight? That should be the question.

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

On another note:

PRICE IS GETTING BOOED??? YA GOTTA BE KIDDING ME! That is a goddamned disgrace. F*CK YOU BELL CENTRE JERK-OFFS!!!! (Please, let the boo-birds be Bruins fans...)

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

D'oh, shitty news. Oh well I'm still going with my original series prediction and saying Habs will win this game 4-2. 2 stupid flukey or weak penalty PP goals for the Habs, BGL will score (think Simenko). I can still hope this is a series.

Perhaps they are booing Gainey for putting the kid in. Shit.. we have no hope.. so put in Halak and hope for a miracle. If it doesn't work out, at least he spared Price a miserable night.

Can you imagine if Price gives up a stinker... poor kid.

Yep, he is now square in the crosshairs for a fanbase who will blame him.

For the situation, this was a bad call. Amazing that a 21 year old kid will go down in flames

in a series that pits the 8 against a 1.

Edited by Wamsley01

My biggest fear is that Gainey will use this as excuses to keep this core together. I would prefer to lose without the injuries so he needs to face up to the facts that this team is not good enough.

For the situation, this was a bad call. Amazing that a 21 year old kid will go down in flames

The fanbase is a damned disgrace. They destroy careers for God's sake.

But you're 100% right. Bad call. I guess Bob wants to give Carey a chance to fight his way out of it?

baffling. Unless Halak is hurt too :lol:

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

This is no way to build his confidence, that is for sure. The rest of these bums better play their damn hearts out.

So Price starts tonight?!! This is the first time that I've ever witnessed getting a goalie's confidence back and vindicating a draft pick, became more important than winning a playoff game/series.

Contrast this with Carolina pulling Gerber a few years back and going with Ward - all the way to the Stanley Cup.

The jury is in: I'm done with Gainey.

The game has just started and I'll be very surprised if we can win with a goalie who sports a .875 win percentage in the playoffs.

- Jack