April 20th, 2009 | Canadiens vs. Bruins | Game 3 Thread

Cataclaw

Komisarek brutal on that play. Perfect deflection, not much Price could do on that one, yet he still gets the Bronx cheer from the fans the next time he touches the puck. Hopefully it doesn't deflate the Habs too much. If they keep the first period pace up for the rest of the game, we will win, no contest.

Edited by han_dyl

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell. Absolute garbage luck. What are the odds that Kessel was there, and able to get a stick on it. ######! :puke:

As I've said in the other thread, 6 shots 1 goal, save percentage just under .850. Once, just ONCE, Carey make a spectacular save when the game is still on the line. Anyone notice a couple of Habs shaking their heads on the bench?

In most games, there are going to be 9 - 10 glorious scoring opportunities. The goalie has to stop most of them... if he's a NHL goalie that is. Thomas might have let in a weak one on Higgins but he's already stopped 3 great scoring opportunities. Price has stopped *1* and let the other one in.

- Jack

Why does every goal deserves a goat ? The guy whos scores deserves the credit.

Higgins shot was good enough to go in good effort by Metropolit there to

distract defense and goalie.

Kessel acted on instinct to deflect that puck. A fraction of a second and he put the stick

for deflection.

Hope to see similar action in period 2, it's a fun game to watch.

Yep, he is now square in the crosshairs for a fanbase who will blame him.

For the situation, this was a bad call. Amazing that a 21 year old kid will go down in flames

in a series that pits the 8 against a 1.

You seem to forget that when Carey played a bad series against the Flyers last year, the fans kept on cheering him even in the last minutes of the 5th and final game of the series. Just because a few idiots may have booed him, the vast majority of the fans are behind him!

... Perfect deflection, not much Price could do on that one, ...

He could have made a great reaction save. This one wasn't even as hard as the one Halak stopped early in the 3rd period in Boston. (Cross-crease pass that Halak was spectacular on.)

You don't win in the playoffs without *great* goaltending. We're not even getting mediocre goaltending...

We have *no chance* with this kind of goaltending. And when the Bruins get their next one (and there will be a next one), the team will completely deflate. (Remember the last game against Philly last year - we had a great start - and then the sieve took over.)

I guess getting Price's confidence back and vindicating a bad draft pick are more important than winning a playoff series...

- Jack

I guess getting Price's confidence back and vindicating a bad draft pick are more important than winning a playoff series...

Sadly, I fear that this is exactly their thinking.

And 3 habs standing in front of the net with their thumbs up their asses, leaving Thornton all alone. But yerah it would have been nice to see pirice kick that one out.

Well, maybe Weber's goal can get us back in... another softie by thomas, but I think he was screened.

Can Price please shut the damn door... for once the team in front of him is working hard.

Well, maybe Weber's goal can get us back in... another softie by thomas, but I think he was screened.

Definitely screened. But a lovely shot by Weber to take advantage of that screen!

Oooh, a (lucky?) power play! Any bets on whether we can get a shot on goal?

Oooh, a (lucky?) power play! Any bets on whether we can get a shot on goal?

A PP shot!!!

Edited by tomh009

meh our PP is all about slooowing things own, then surprising the opponent with a shot. we can't roll that way in the playoffs against boston . . . .