2009_apr22_gdt1a.png

2009_apr22_gdt1b.png

2009_apr22_gdt1c.png

2009_apr20_pix1-1.jpg

2009_apr20_pix2-1.jpg

2009_apr20_pix3-1.jpg

2009_apr20_pix4-1.jpg

2009_apr16_gdt2.png

Sorry, even a game thread maker can lose hope.

I do hope the Habs win tonight, if only to avoid a series sweep.. but it's going to take us a miracle now to avoid watching our habs reserve their tee times.

Edited by dlbalr

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, unfortunately the habs crumble when challenges are in front of them. No leadership or character.

All the pain and misery will come to an end.

So fans can start dreaming of who gets drafted and who they pick up as ufa's.

4-1 beat down. As soon as the first goal goes in, they fold like a tent.

Yea, unfortunately the habs crumble when challenges are in front of them. No leadership or character.

All the pain and misery will come to an end.

So fans can start dreaming of who gets drafted and who they pick up as ufa's.

4-1 beat down. As soon as the first goal goes in, they fold like a tent.

I'm more inclined to say that as soon as the first goal goes in, the crowd will quit on them and the team will begin to crumble shortly thereafter. If the past 2 months has shown anything, it's that playing at home has been harder for this team than playing on the road. Frustration is one thing, but booing Carey after a stellar 1st in game three after he let in ONE goal is just the culmination of how the fans have treated Les Glorieux down the stretch. I am certainly not saying we should be happy with their performances lately, but when it's tougher to play at home than it is on the road it makes it that much tougher to turn things around.

It is a self-fulfilling prophecy for Habs fans. They go to the games almost looking for a reason to boo or chant Carbo, the team picks up on all of this negative energy, and before you know it they are falling into the same bad patterns. All of that positive energy at the beginning of game three was basically just like your girlfriend faking it .... the only difference is that the habs never get to finish.

Well, I'll be at the game tonight..watching the final game of the season. I just hope the score will be close.

Jaro BETTER be in net. If not, Bob Gainey is a bona fide idiot. Not only does Jaro deserve the start, but as was mentioned before...the fans will be out for blood, and hearing a WE WANT JARO chant after the first goal is certainly not something you want to subject Price to at this point.

Jaro BETTER be in net. If not, Bob Gainey is a bona fide idiot. Not only does Jaro deserve the start, but as was mentioned before...the fans will be out for blood, and hearing a WE WANT JARO chant after the first goal is certainly not something you want to subject Price to at this point.

I'm afraid it's going to be Price again. Game 3 was when Gainey shoulda started Halak and he went with Price again. He already decided he was going to die with Price.

well, not that it's worked this year, but: Go Habs Go!!!

***dreamer alert*** if we win this one then our goalie steals game five in boston it could get interesting . . . . .

They will lose and all go join their respective national teams at the worlds where they will play with heart, determination and grit........

Not saying, just saying....

I have followed this team since the 60's and never been so sure that they couldn't pull off a series comeback. Why? They don't want to!

Well some of the younger guys maybe but as a team, forget it.

Whole new look next year please.

Here is a positive thought though,....16 wins to the cup!

Have to start with 4 str8 though and I can't remember the last time this team did that.

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

For the sake of the team they need to win this one.

how do you expect fans will do if they lose tonight. I just can imagine the boos, the halak chant, the carbo chants.

losing in 5 in boston would already less painfull for everybody.

Edited by marky_and_komi

For his last active days as a coach and gm, the coach Bob Gainey, the mastermind behind the 5 year plan

decided to sink with his decisions.

He is no idiot. He is making a last stand. A stand to all the decision he took on his GM term.

He though he could save the year by going behind the bench, by so he had to fire his better acquisition in his master plan: Carbonneau.

I do not say that, i repeat what he said before in press conference.

Maybe he had no choice of firing Carbonneau. We will know later.

But he has a choice of choosing who his goalie will be for his last game.

All his plan started with a franchise goalie.

Not only the decision to draft the Price, the decision to rush him in the league, the decision to give him the number one job without deserving

it. Because he believes in him.

I think it would be very sad for Gainey to lose this game tonight. Because as i see, it his plan is a total failure.

Winning tonight would give him a chance to end this horrible nightmare season away from a frustrated crowd.

WHAT PRICE IS IN NETS!!?? FK U GAINEY, FK U PRICE, GAINEY SHOULD BE HIT BY A BUS!! FK THIS PANSY TEAM!

GO HAWKS GO

ps. cataclaw we will go 0-4 with ur game threads, but i hope im wrong

pss. go habs go (but its a secret)

Man, i wonder what would happen if Halak played and lost. I wonder if everyone would be calling for his head?

Posters need to relax a bit on blaming 1 guy, this is a complete TEAM meltdown. NO GOALIE would bring this team a win against the Bruins. MAson has given up more goals then Price, does he suck all of a sudden.

It's time to face facts, The team just isn't very good from top to bottom.

The biggest disapointment for me is the lack of leadership, character and the players not willing to do the small things to win. Work ethic sucks.

Once again, glass half full, this season is showing me who true fans are, and who may have lost their way. I mean if you're not here supporting the team, why do you feel the need to bring everyone else down?

I'm not trying to censor what you say, but you've got nothing to lose, your negativity isn't gonna make the team better, why do you want to bring people down? No one here will have ANY input into what the Habs do this season or the next or any after. The one thing GM cannot control is injuries, lets see how well Boston did this year without Chara, Savard, Lucic, Wheeler. The habs had injuries, the next complaint people say is "why didn't gainey bring in help at the trade deadline?" no one here was privy to the cost of such small term 'fixes'. Schneider was brought in at the deadline and had a great impact on the PP, and Metropolit, for his limited roll this year has been great.

The other decision people bag on is the goalie choices. Halak had his chance to steal the #1 job, but he lost it in Toronto, he has no one to blame but himself.

The TLDR version; Go Habs Go! Don't be jerks, don't boo the US Anthem, cheer the team, save the negativity for after the season.

The team has lost most of it's offence to injury. It is not Carey's fault. Our pp died when grabs hit markov and shnides went down. Our most effective forwards are injured Tanguay and Lang. It would be a tough battle if we had everyone. we don't and you don't bring a knife to a gunfight. Lets win tonite. :hlogo: :hlogo: :ghg: :ghg: :ghg: :ghg: :ghg: :ghg: :ghg: :ghg: