Subban left his mark

habscout

http://www.intelligencer.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1540934

Good article about PK Subban. I hope he's given a chance to start with the Habs, although Weber may have a slight edge on him in terms of pro experience.

Happy for Subban but this last paragraph really upsets me and other Bulls fans.

BULLETS ... Bulls lose a wealth of talent and experience with the graduation of overages CORY TANAKA, BRANDON MASHINTER and NICK PAGEAU. As well, all-star net-minder MIKE MURPHY (Carolina), forward NICK PALMIERI (New Jersey) and team captain ERIC TANGRADI (Pittsburgh) have all signed pro contracts. Veteran forward BRYAN CAMERON (Los Angeles) has not been signed by the Kings.

• 2 weeks later...

Why isnt he signed ?? :huh:

he's the only one left that needs to be signed before june 1st or else he goes back in the draft.

I'm sure it's about to be done but I'm nervous has he seems to be a real deal prospect.

Well, Subban is my favourite Habs prospect in a looong time. I couldn't believe what I was watching at the World Juniors: his freewheeling attitude and his larger-than-life persona, not to mention his incredible offensive skills. I think he has the combination of massive raw talent and charismatic fearlessness our fragile-as-eggs team badly needs. LOVE the guy.

BUT: I also fear that the very qualities that make him stand out will be beaten out of his in today's over-coached NHL. He has as much chance of being driven out of town by control-freak and risk-averse coaches insisting that he turn himself into a risk-free two-way player as he does flourishing as an explosive offensive machine. Just a thought.

Also, I don't think we want to rush him to the NHL. Let him pay his dues like everyone else. If he rips it up in Hamilton, then OK.

Bob will sign him. Don't worry about that.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Well, hopefully the Habs look at the playoffs right now and realize that teams with Mike Green and Brian Campbell on them are doing pretty well for themselves. And over time, Sergei Gonchar turned into a good two-way d-man as a veteran, without having the offence beat out of him. And hey, look at how Scott Niedermeyer operates on a PP... it's uncanny how Subban's movements at the WJC on the PP looked like Niedermeyer's.

Lesson: creativitiy is a good thing to have.

Well looking at how Markov turned out I'd be optimistic. For sure they'll want Sub to be reliable in his own zone, but in today's NHL teams needs puck-rushing d-men with creativity, so they'll live with it.

he just signed.

cyberpresse.ca

Along with Andre Benoit, who left Hamilton after the Calder Cup as a RFA to play in Europe with the team's blessing... spent a year in Finland, then in Sweden. I remember he was on one of the Spengler Cup teams for Canada one of those years (I think the 2007-08 one, when he was in Finland).

Standard 3 years for Subban, 1 year for Benoit. Both are two-way deals.

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hockey/20...ous-contrat.php