gromerdok ain't a mod

simonus

I just received a pm from this user purporting to be a mod... and he ain't... so if any of you guys get a pm from him, just ignore it He's been banned, but some of his detritus might still be floating around.

I just received a pm from this user purporting to be a mod... and he ain't... so if any of you guys get a pm from him, just ignore it He's been banned, but some of his detritus might still be floating around.

Yeah, I just got a PM from him. I've put him on my list of Blocked people. Thanks for the Heads up!

I just got a PM from him as well with a link to some Russian website, likely an attempt to spread a virus.

Ban him asap please.

Just like any email ... if you don't know who it's from don't click on any attachments or links. I didn't even have to read this warning to know that it was something I shouldn't click on.

Should I be insulted that I didn't get any PMs inviting me to download delicious viruses?

i clicked on that link yesterday because the user name seemed familiar to me for some reason.

i thought it was some russian hockey news accessible only by inputting that code.

lol i must have been sleeping.

anyhow i did some research and it posts to it being prorat trojan.

this apparently is pretty dangerous but as far as the info available,

only affects xp/2000 systems.

i work on vista but i did a full scan and then restored my computer to an earlier date.

i'm kicking myself for being so dumb.