Bulldogs to open preseason in scotland

mathieu30

If nothing else, this may very well accelerate the training camp process in terms of cuts for the Habs. I seem to recall that a lot of Hamilton's first preseason games featured partial rosters (not enough skaters), some of those being pure fillers. For an opportunity like this, the known cuts (this year, they were Lehoux and Glumac - we all know they weren't making the team) may actually be cut sooner so they can participate.

If Balsillie gets his way, there may not be a Bulldogs next year.

The Bulldogs are barely surviving there as it is. I recall Brian mentioning during the year they won the Calder Cup, there were only averaging two to three thousand people. The old Columbus ECHL team averaged more than that even during regular season games.

Sounds like a fun trip to me Nic!

I was already thinking about a scotland trip, 26th is a special day :D

the big 3-0 !!!

speaking of Lever, he and wilson have been fired by the Canadiens.

What happens with Guy Boucher ??? Could he be the next Bulldogs coach ?

What happens with Guy Boucher ??? Could he be the next Bulldogs coach ?

hope so. I wouldn't mind seeing him in montreal to run the PP.

Lever deserved a classier dumping. Dumped on the phone...

He won the Calder Cup just two years ago. With bottom line pretty much

nothing but he understood how to get the best of those players.

Last year, injuries at NHL level caused recalls and unstability for the Dogs.

Even more he was brought in Montreal to assit Gainey in his coach duties.

What killed him was that he speaked the truth when asked to a question.

Anyway thanks to the Don, i think he did a great job and will have no problem

winning somewhere else.

To what are you referring?

To the man character, i read many of his interviews and he is the type of man who speaks his mind.

He is not shy to criticize, sorry i will use some quotes copy pasted

Lever has the ability to be a taskmaster and is very blunt. In January 2008 (while coaching in the AHL with Hamilton) he said "(Corey) Locke is nonexistent, D'Agostini is nonexistent, (Janne) Lahti is nonexistent, (Duncan) Milroy is nonexistent and (Eric) Manlow can't play games back to back." This is perhaps an easier thing to do while coaching in the minors (calling out prospects and minor league veterans) but does suggest Lever will use all means available to motivate.

This kinda thing i am not putting more meat on it.

With Martin on board management will be from inside at every level, very quiet.

Besides that don't look away for a replacemement there is assistant- coach signed that will take the job. Probably Jarvis, he's a quiet guy.

To the man character, i read many of his interviews and he is the type of man who speaks his mind.

He is not shy to criticize, sorry i will use some quotes copy pasted

Lever has the ability to be a taskmaster and is very blunt. In January 2008 (while coaching in the AHL with Hamilton) he said "(Corey) Locke is nonexistent, D'Agostini is nonexistent, (Janne) Lahti is nonexistent, (Duncan) Milroy is nonexistent and (Eric) Manlow can't play games back to back." This is perhaps an easier thing to do while coaching in the minors (calling out prospects and minor league veterans) but does suggest Lever will use all means available to motivate.

This kinda thing i am not putting more meat on it.

With Martin on board management will be from inside at every level, very quiet.

Besides that don't look away for a replacemement there is assistant- coach signed that will take the job. Probably Jarvis, he's a quiet guy.

Interesting...but to suggest that Bob fired him because he wants politic types around is to suggest that Bob is not interested in winning first and foremost. That seems slightly unfair to me. Now, it *could* be that Gainey noticed Lever's style alienating some of the NHL players; in which case the two issues go hand in hand.