Bulldogs to move in Laval, Québec ?

JoeLassister

• 9 months later...
Heck, with the piss poor attendance the Bulldogs get, they should consider moving even if Hamilton doesn't get an NHL team.

My main concern would be having the team so close to the Habs, the prospects might get a bit overexposed to the public. Then again, that's not happening in Toronto at all.

This was in the Hamilton Spectator the other day, came up for a bit of discussion on the Bulldog forums. Rather than re-type a comment, I'll just "borrow" what I posted there:

This doesn't surprise me all that much, there have been rumblings that the Habs may quietly want their team closer to home. Ever since Andlauer became a part owner of the Habs, I always thought there was a better chance of this happening. The timing's a little odd with the new lease being signed though. At the very least, the team would still be in Hamilton for at least one more year after this.

It's been rumoured before, and there's still all sorts of uncertainty with the Phoenix situation arising once more - irregardless, the team will be in Hamilton next year unless the Coyotes go to the Steel City first.

http://www.thespec.com/Sports/article/743513

This just continues to become more confusing with each passing day. :wacko:

There was a huge sigh of relief by the Bulldogs season ticket holders when the new 3-year agreement was signed, and now this has shown up. But I can't say that I disagree with Mr. Andlauer planning changes for the future. If I was in his position I would probably be doing the same thing considering everything that has gone on during this last year.

As one of those season ticket holders for about 10 years now, I obviously look through Bulldogs-coloured glasses at everything that happens, but I also realize that it takes more than the support of myself and the others who support this team night after night.

As the Calder Cup playoffs for this season quickly approach, I am very curious to see how the attendance for those games pan out. The 2007 Calder Cup Championship game was watched by a huge crowd in attendance. And where are those people now?? Probably still lined up to buy Phoenix Coyotes tickets.

We'll see.