Habsworld Draft Central

Trizzak

:wall: can't believe the habs didn't pick Jordan Schroeder.

... few years from now that will be a brutal non pick.. so sick of habs and their draft picks... they should have overhauled some scouts and booted timmins when jacquess martin came aboard.

Martin, with Timmins scouting in Ottawa, built a perennial contender. Just FYI.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wall: can't believe the habs didn't pick Jordan Schroeder.

... few years from now that will be a brutal non pick.. so sick of habs and their draft picks... they should have overhauled some scouts and booted timmins when jacquess martin came aboard.

Hmm, 5-8 offense-only center. We got plenty of that in Hamilton.

Yah because we really need another sub 6'0 centreman. No thank you.

Desharnais > Schroeder!

VAN-1.gif (Luongo) picks Jordan Schroeder

You have no idea how ecstatic I am right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NOT CARON TO BOSTON!!!!

F.U. BOSTON!!!

That's gonna be another Bergeron... player that's gonna step up big against us.

:(:(:(

I have to get a hold of Caron's parents and get them to ask for a trade!!!

Timmins with Gainey has passed on Carter, Richards, Parise, Lucic and built sweet piss all in Montreal

These are, quite simply, the most silly comments around. I mean, really. How many teams passed on Bergeron when he was drafted in the second round? How many teams passed on Andrei Markov when he was drafted in, what, the 6th? 7th round? Every single season teams miss plenty of guys. Now, that said, when you perfect your Hindsight 20/20 PowerVision 2000, let the Habs know.

And as much as you bitch about the Gainey/Timmins combo, Montreal is considered to have one of the best prospect cupboards in the league. Maybe it didn't turn out so hot this season, but then, what are they saying in Dallas when they were supposed to finish WAY higher and collapsed? Every year a team or two or three horribly underperforms. THAT'S HOCKEY.

Atleast Higgins made the NHL. Hes a solid 2 way player, theres a reason his name always comes up in trade talk

He's not a "solid" 2-way player. He's a 2-way player, period. He goes long stretches without scoring because he's not a natural offensive talent and he's never been a plus player in his NHL career because he often has trouble clearing the zone defensively. That's why he's fell down to a 4th line role last season. He's adequate both ways, works hard and has good wheels but you dont spend 1st rounders on those when you can take a 3rd rounder and groom him into that depth role.

Kreider has size and wheels, but so did Chad Kilger and Alexander Svitov.

I'm more than happy with Leblanc, not just because he's local, but because he actually has noticeable skills with the puck, plays with an edge, has character & leadership qualities; all the things that failed us miserably last season. I'm through with these "adequate" NHL guys who can't step up when it's needed because they lack that extra mental gear.

These are, quite simply, the most silly comments around. I mean, really. How many teams passed on Bergeron when he was drafted in the second round? How many teams passed on Andrei Markov when he was drafted in, what, the 6th? 7th round? Every single season teams miss plenty of guys. Now, that said, when you perfect your Hindsight 20/20 PowerVision 2000, let the Habs know.

And as much as you bitch about the Gainey/Timmins combo, Montreal is considered to have one of the best prospect cupboards in the league. Maybe it didn't turn out so hot this season, but then, what are they saying in Dallas when they were supposed to finish WAY higher and collapsed? Every year a team or two or three horribly underperforms. THAT'S HOCKEY.

+1 :clap:

Couldn't have said it better myself, a must read for Habs nay-sayers like Kaos.

I must say the total lack of meaningful trades at all so far after all the talk the last week has left me a bit disappointed.

I'm still not giving up on Higgins as an offensive player. What about that playoff stretch a couple years ago where he was outscoring Ovechkin and Crosby? You don't get goal streaks like that in teh NHL out of pure luck.

Been saying that for years.

I'm still not giving up on Higgins as an offensive player. What about that playoff stretch a couple years ago where he was outscoring Ovechkin and Crosby? You don't get goal streaks like that in teh NHL out of pure luck.

Bobby Carpenter had a 50-goal season. There was a player (name escapes me at the moment) who had a monster playoff one season, scoring at almost a goal-a-game pace, and did nothing useful after that. I'm not saying Higgsy is in that boat, but I think calling him an offensive player is becoming a bit of a stretch. He's actually turning out exactly how he was billed when he was drafted - a solid defensive forward who can pinch in with some points. Can he give more? Maybe - but we're starting to get to the point where we can question the liklihood of that statement.

Bobby Carpenter had a 50-goal season. There was a player (name escapes me at the moment) who had a monster playoff one season, scoring at almost a goal-a-game pace, and did nothing useful after that. I'm not saying Higgsy is in that boat, but I think calling him an offensive player is becoming a bit of a stretch. He's actually turning out exactly how he was billed when he was drafted - a solid defensive forward who can pinch in with some points. Can he give more? Maybe - but we're starting to get to the point where we can question the liklihood of that statement.

I wish he had a mean streak and could start some sh*t around the net.

I wish he had a mean streak and could start some sh*t around the net.

I think his number one problem is upstairs. He's thinking and not playing. He needs to give himself a break, stop planning his every move, and play on instinct - which is how he was successful at first. It's quite obvious he's thinking through everything right now. Gripping the stick too tight, holding on to the puck too long - use whatever cliches you like.