Habsworld Draft Central

Trizzak

And HE WAS THE BPA at 18. Bob McKenzie had him 17th on his list, CSB had him 13th in NA. A right-handed centre with 1st-line talent and grit and you're not happy? Is it because he's Quebecois that you dont like him? Because that seems to be the only reason.

If we're going by MacKenzie's list, Schroeder was the BPA.

Damn glad we didnt end up with Kreider. We already have plenty of players in the "skates fast, shoots good, not much else to talk about" mold.

Kreider has serious potential as a power forward. I think he's more like Pacioretty than he is like Higgins.

Habs pick another C in the 3rd round: Joonas Nattinen ©

R3/65 Joonas Nattinen, C

2008-09 Stats

HT WT Team GP G A Pts PIM +/-

6-2 183 Blues (Fin Jr.) 30 9 29 38 6 -

Scouting Report: Has very good size for the centre position, and he knows how to use it to his advantage... in his first taste of the SM-Liiga, he went pointless in 14 games with Blues Espoo... possesses two-way savvy and some scoring upside, but the jury is out on his long-range potential as a power forward... produced three points in six games for Finland at the 2009 WJC... was rated 28th overall by ISS in their May rankings...

And then a D from the US

R3/79 Mac Bennett, D

2008-09 Stats

6-0 170 Hotchkiss (High-CT) 15 2 9 11 10 -

Scouting Report: Is considered one of the best pure skaters available for selection in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, and may have the best lateral movement of any draft-eligible defenseman... produced at almost a point-per-game clip (11 points in 15 games) at Hotchkiss in 2008-09, and has all the tools (shot, passing ability, offensive instincts) to put up points in the pro ranks... the under-sized rearguard will attend the University of Michigan in 2010-11...

YES! Nattinen was sometimes listed as a potential very late 1st.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe he would rather retire than join that train wreck :lol:

One of the top coaches in the league in, a friggin headcase is out

Waste is being cleared out

Ridiculous blueline if he signs

I think you're confusing Calgary and Colorado. =D

More on Nattinen:

NHL European Scouting Service

“Joonas plays very well at both ends of the ice and moves the puck well from both sides. He’s a good passer on his backhand and is utilized on the penalty kill. He is physically strong on the boards and is hard to knock down in this level.”

More on Bennett:

NHL Central Scouting’s Gary Eggleston

“Mac is a very strong skater with good acceleration and overall speed. He has very good lateral mobility and moves his feet quickly. He can lead the rush and moves the puck quickly from his own end. He has a very strong shot from the point. He is a very good passer. He runs the power play and distributes the puck well. His defensive zone play is very good. He is quick to gain and maintain control of the puck and moves it out quickly.”

Thanks. Sounds good! :clap:

Ah, victory in June. :lol: :hlogo:

More on Bennett

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=404554

"Mac will play in the NHL one day," White said. "I don't think there's anything stopping him, to be honest. I say that with the feeling he'll grow to be a 6-2 or 6-3, 205-pound kid who can really skate."

"I'm just looking for the open man and the open space," Bennett said. "One of the better aspects of my game is that I'm able to get the puck out of the zone as quickly and efficiently as possible and I'm able to do that just by keeping my head up and looking for the open guy or using my feet and skating out of the zone."

He'll play for Red Berenson, which groomed Komisarek for us some years back. Bennett seems adds to the Habs' stables of smooth-skating D's with Weber, Subban, Fisher & McDonagh.

I'm pretty sure Bouwmeester doesn't want to retire so that decision-making process should be easy. :P

Well yeah, but he can still just choose free agency. You'd think they already have something worked out, though, if they sent a roster player AND a pick.

Well yeah, but he can still just choose free agency. You'd think they already have something worked out, though, if they sent a roster player AND a pick.

Leopold was leaving anyway, its pretty much just the pick. I can't see why he wouldn't sign though, Calgary was somewhere he wanted to play.

Can CGY afford to sign JayBo? They've got 47.4 committed for next year

A lot of young guys are expected to take roster spots next year so those contracts will be pretty cheap. Bouwmeester, if they sign him, will be their only big move. Guys like Backlund, Pelech and Negrin will be expected to contribute next year on top of David Moss probably getting an expanded role. It'll be tight again, obviously, but they can do it. A guy like Vandermeer will probably get traded for nothing.

Edited by jetsniper

So apparently (from reading the HFboards thread):

Timmins had Nattinen in his top 30

Bennett would have been a surefire 1st rounder had he played in the USHL (comparable skillset to John Moore)

Rajala is still available...

More on Nattinen:

NHL European Scouting Service

“Joonas plays very well at both ends of the ice and moves the puck well from both sides. He’s a good passer on his backhand and is utilized on the penalty kill. He is physically strong on the boards and is hard to knock down in this level.”

More on Bennett:

NHL Central Scouting’s Gary Eggleston

“Mac is a very strong skater with good acceleration and overall speed. He has very good lateral mobility and moves his feet quickly. He can lead the rush and moves the puck quickly from his own end. He has a very strong shot from the point. He is a very good passer. He runs the power play and distributes the puck well. His defensive zone play is very good. He is quick to gain and maintain control of the puck and moves it out quickly.”

David Burstyn, from McKeen's magazine, says about Nattinen that he is «à toutes fins utiles allergique aux confrontations dans les coins de patinoire».

That means : allergic to the fights for the puck in the corners....

Habs pick Alexander Avtsyn in the 4th

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectdetail...dr-scrbrd-draft

R4/109 Alexander Avtsin, RW

2008-09 Stats

6-2 198 Dynamo Moscow (Rus3) 76 56 54 110 130 -

Scouting Report: In Central Scouting's final rankings, he was listed as the 18th-best European skater... played with Dynamo Moscow's farm team in the Russian third division in 2008-09, so he has yet to play a lot of hockey against top-level competition... has excellent skating ability, a tremendously projectable frame at 6-3, 198 pounds and plenty of scoring upside... is extremely raw in all aspects of the game and will need a lot of time to fully develop...

Seems to be a high-risk/high-reward pick.

Big, talented and he can skate.

Olivier Roy is on the board still.

Avtsyn was on the first page of "Big head Bob's" (that old Air Farce moniker for McKenzie will never be forgotten) honourable mentions page, which means he was pegged as possibly a 3rd rounder.

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?fid=7335

For the record, Bennett was 56th in there and Nattinen 36th.

And notice who is comparable is. (Next to "Style".

YEAH

GABRIEL DUMONT!!!

Very underrated player, hard worker, was a force in the QMJHL playoffs for Drmmondville. Small but fiesty.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectdetail...dr-scrbrd-draft

R5/139 Gabriel Dumont, C

2008-09 Stats

5-9 170 Drummondville (QMJHL) 51 28 21 49 63 28

Scouting Report: Upped his stock with a memorable performance at the 2009 Memorial Cup in Rimouski... plays an industrious brand of hockey and never quits on a play... has a good nose for the net and sound two-way presence... is willing to pay the price for his teammates, no matter what he had to do... has been compared to Stanley Cup hero P Maxime Talbot for his work ethic and leadership qualities... is quite undersized (5-9, 170 pounds)...