Is Bob Going to do Something Surprising?

REV-G

I know it's off-topic, but how the hell are Ingmar Bergman movies geeky (/geekier than the Matrix)? It's like calling Mozart's music geeky. (Since you included The Unbearable Lightness of Being I guess you're just saying that "Mainstream movies = cool, art movies = geeky")

Bergman and ULoB both deals with existentialism in a true philosophical fashion. The Matrix is a visual effects display. I assume kaos used the term "geeky" in its broad sense, not it's technological-inclined sub-definition.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bergman and ULoB both deals with existentialism in a true philosophical fashion. The Matrix is a visual effects display. I assume kaos used the term "geeky" in its broad sense, not it's technological-inclined sub-definition.

An you know what you do when you assume right?

Meh. I don't see how that being philosophical means geeky. When I think geeky movies, I think Star Wars, Star Trek, even Lord of the Rings because they have hardcore fanbases that have studied every detail. Not movies by Bergman and the like.

Louis Leblanc is Geek.

Because the young man can speak French and English, scheduled to attend Harvard and can speak a complete sentence without pausing, does not make him a Geek. Wish more athletes had his intelligence and skills.

Meh. I don't see how that being philosophical means geeky. When I think geeky movies, I think Star Wars, Star Trek, even Lord of the Rings because they have hardcore fanbases that have studied every detail. Not movies by Bergman and the like.

You're a geek.

Because the young man can speak French and English, scheduled to attend Harvard and can speak a complete sentence without pausing, does not make him a Geek. Wish more athletes had his intelligence and skills.

:lol: I know, I was joking around. That's why I love Leblanc. He's not one of these LHJMQ guy who never completed their high school because they have to travel pretty much everyday + playing to many games + practices + world juniors + + + +.

For the most part, athletes coming from USA are now students-athletes with brain, work ethic, culture, etc.

But the Matrix wasn't a geeky movie. It was widely popular in the general public. Sure, many geeks liked it, but so did the majority of everyone else. It wasn't a movie whose main audience was geeks.

I haven't seen it but any film about linear algebra is geeky - although I can see why it would be wildly popular with the college crowd.

:lol: I know, I was joking around. That's why I love Leblanc. He's not one of these LHJMQ guy who never completed their high school because they have to travel pretty much everyday + playing to many games + practices + world juniors + + + +.

For the most part, athletes coming from USA are now students-athletes with brain, work ethic, culture, etc.

Sorry, I misunderstood your original geek statement. Now I understand and agree with your thinking.

Going back to the thread's title, I'd say Gainey did do something surprising: he drafted a local boy in the 1st round.

lmao

nah, all the stars were in line for this kid. It was the most predictable pick ever.

surprises AT the draft?

Astyn

Dumont

That big goalie

surprises before UFA? hmmm don't expect anything

surprises AFTER July 1st... HE BETTER DO SOMETHING @#$?$#$%# SURPRISING.

:)

Going back to the thread's title, I'd say Gainey did do something surprising: he drafted a local boy in the 1st round.

lmao

nah, all the stars were in line for this kid. It was the most predictable pick ever.

surprises AT the draft?

Astyn Avtsyn is what you meant ;)

Dumont

That big goalie

surprises before UFA? hmmm don't expect anything

surprises AFTER July 1st... HE BETTER DO SOMETHING @#$?$#$%# SURPRISING.

:)

The only suprise there is where he was picked