Gomez in - Higgins out !

JoeLassister

god it is easy to get you guys going. It is actually 60 million over the first 8 years and 3 million over the last few years. And had you looked I said he goes on holidays in the playoffs which for the time he was in thrashers land they did. They didn't make the playoffs and yes it is a typical salary cap contract and has a good cap hit. lol hahahahahaha now relax and go have a beer and calm down.

Couldn't be more calm. Just pointing out that I liked the signing. And incidentally, he was a great performer in the playoffs this season until he met up with his old team.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't be more calm. Just pointing out that I liked the signing. And incidentally, he was a great performer in the playoffs this season until he met up with his old team.

yeah? how many playoff points between 2003 and 2007 ? 4 countem 4. He was on holidays. It was a joke for crying out loud. You guys take this stuff too seriously.

Gainey overpaid badly. Higgins may not be worth Gomez straight up, and I'm not saying he is, but to include a highly touted 1st round D-man who we've owned for 2 years, AND throw in a 2nd highly touted d-man that falls into our top 10 prospect list, is just stupid beyond belief.

The Habs traded their top prospect...rated as such by every single analyst, or publication, I've read the past year. With that they included a guy who they control cheaply for the next year. He may not be a 40/40 guy but he certainly looks to be a 30/30 guy.

Valentekno may, or may not, have come over to the Habs but if his value is "less" as a result then so should Gomez's value be less for such a bloated contract.

So round it out, the Habs gave up their best prospect, a quality two-way 2nd liner who is cost effective and young, and another top 10 prospect (from one of the deepest farm systems in the league) for a mediocre prospect unlikely to ever make the Habs and a "#1 C" in Gomez who is a 75 point guy in a good year...

Sure Gomez is a quality NHL player and probably is in the lower tier of "1st line C's". Sure, he's worth more then Higgins...but to throw in McDonagh AND Valentenko is overpaying.

Gainey has PROVEN he has no ability to negotiate a trade deal. The Rangers wanted to move salary, they were unhappy with Gomez's performance the past 2 years and Gomez was thought to have been overpaid on day one of his signing and still is today.

What the Habs gave up was merely a draft pick and a prospect like Belle away from getting Lecavalier...an equally bad contract but at least a better player.

BRUTAL deal...nothing against Gomez, wish him the best.

Gainey overpaid badly. Higgins may not be worth Gomez straight up, and I'm not saying he is, but to include a highly touted 1st round D-man who we've owned for 2 years, AND throw in a 2nd highly touted d-man that falls into our top 10 prospect list, is just stupid beyond belief.

The Habs traded their top prospect...rated as such by every single analyst, or publication, I've read the past year. With that they included a guy who they control cheaply for the next year. He may not be a 40/40 guy but he certainly looks to be a 30/30 guy.

Valentekno may, or may not, have come over to the Habs but if his value is "less" as a result then so should Gomez's value be less for such a bloated contract.

So round it out, the Habs gave up their best prospect, a quality two-way 2nd liner who is cost effective and young, and another top 10 prospect (from one of the deepest farm systems in the league) for a mediocre prospect unlikely to ever make the Habs and a "#1 C" in Gomez who is a 75 point guy in a good year...

Sure Gomez is a quality NHL player and probably is in the lower tier of "1st line C's". Sure, he's worth more then Higgins...but to throw in McDonagh AND Valentenko is overpaying.

Gainey has PROVEN he has no ability to negotiate a trade deal. The Rangers wanted to move salary, they were unhappy with Gomez's performance the past 2 years and Gomez was thought to have been overpaid on day one of his signing and still is today.

What the Habs gave up was merely a draft pick and a prospect like Belle away from getting Lecavalier...an equally bad contract but at least a better player.

BRUTAL deal...nothing against Gomez, wish him the best.

Valentenko bailed on this team after giving them some song and dance so they would pay his ticket to Russia and then he forks's the team by signing with the khl. oh Yeah lets keep him. So you got higgins and Mcdo for Gomez. I hate losing Mcdo but he is at least 3 years away from making this team. Gomez is better than higgins.That makes it a good deal. Do I hate the Cap hit Yes but tell me who he was supposed to sign ?Where are all these 6'3 in 240 lbs centers that we can sign for a song. Please lets go get 5 of them. This is real life and decisions have to be made. Lecavelier was and is not available period but his contract is worse than gomez for crying out loud. Deal with reality.

It also seems that by aquiring Gomez, it helped the Habs bring in Cammalleri.

are we turning a corner here? are we becoming a place guys want to come to? baby steps baby steps but very good.

TSN saying Gaborik to Rangers, 5 yrs at $5.75. Basically Sathers turned Gomez into Higgins + Gaborik + McDo. Not happy.

its not just about the money, these guys got to what to come play for your team to..all you guys make it seem so easy..there alot of reason guy go to diff team...

Yeah, I'd love to say, "WTF!? I would have given that contract to Gaborik any day of the week!!!!!" but Gaborik already rejected a FAR more lucrative deal to remain with the Wild. The city he's going to makes a huge impact on their decision. That's a big part of why New York gets all the free agents, it isn't just because they're reckless.

Didnt like the Gomez trade att all. Habs lost on this one.

Gomez didn't play one single game for the HABS so far, how should we've already lost this trade?

I'm confident that Cammalleri, Gomez & Gionta will form a real nice 1st line!

Edited by bombTHEice