Gomez in - Higgins out !

JoeLassister

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott Gomez along with forward Tom Pyatt and defenceman Michael Busto from the New York Rangers, in return for forward Christopher Higgins and defencemen Ryan McDonagh, Pavel Valentenko and Doug Janik.

canadiens.com

So it's ....

Gomez and two bums

For

Higgins

Ryan McDonagh

Pavel Valentenko

Okay, forget it. I won't defend this trade any longer. Not with McDonagh in there.

how else would you get a first line centreman???? higgins a two way 3rd liner, valentenko doesnt even play in this continent and the third one is a bum as well!

first pick for a first pick thats what it was

how else would you get a first line centreman???? higgins a two way 3rd liner, valentenko doesnt even play in this continent and the third one is a bum as well!

first pick for a first pick thats what it was

First line centre?!?!

On what team aside from the Habs?

First line centre?!?!

On what team aside from the Habs?

ON all 30 of them! come on get serious.. he isnt a franchise centre but a first line centre without a doubt

you guys nag worse than our GF's!!! come on get a grip... Otherwise Gainey was gonna GET NADA tomorrow!!!

How is this worth not siging Saku for the same player... with double the costs.

Here we go over reacting again. Finally Bob does something and we bitch. He doesn't do anything: we bitch.

Say what you want about McDonagh, but he's proved NOTHING. Higgins? Not much more than McDOnagh. Gomez: 2 rings. 4 70+ pt seasons.

Do you honestly think Gainey can hold out and just wait until he absolutely wins a deal to bring in a star? No, he can't. He's been doing it for too long, and now hes's gone out and gotten a good player, and paid value to get him. Fine by me.

And if you think Gomez is talentless, then you're gravely mistaken. I'm not afraid to say that Gomez is (with the cap around 57 mil) worth 7.35 mil.

We're obviously not going to be drafting anyone of his caliber. I hope Bob's got another trade coming (eve if he pays good value) to get a good player.