Heatley traded to SJ

rafikz

Heatley's behavior is annoying me. Just go and do all the fans a favour please? Edmonton players have been named in the media. That's garbage :angry:

I noticed that none of the talking heads on TSN inserted him into the Team Canada lineup in the 2010 olympics.

Go to Edmonton! Shut up.

Dick move. He asks for a trade and then rejects it once they've found a place for him.

Heatley's behavior is annoying me. Just go and do all the fans a favour please? Edmonton players have been named in the media. That's garbage :angry:

I noticed that none of the talking heads on TSN inserted him into the Team Canada lineup in the 2010 olympics.

Go to Edmonton! Shut up.

I was just thinking about that too, he's handling this the worst possible way. He's with a coach for a month and a half and feels "disrespected" and demands a trade. Ok, whatever. Murray takes his time and eventually finds a really good return given the circumstances. All the details are released, Edmonton informs their players they've been traded until...Heatley decides he doesn't want to play in Edmonton. But wait! He hasn't actually decided to not waive his NTC, he has to sleep on it.

Now you've got three guys in Edmonton who are probably feeling totally different about the organization right now but still might be there next year. You've got a GM in Edmonton doing everything he possibly can to make Edmonton more attractive (signs Khabby, they're looking to have Cammalleri follow) and you've got a GM in Ottawa who did everything to please his superstar player left hanging in the wind.

Heatley looks less and less like a team player everyday. As a Sens fan, I don't want him back even if we have to put him on waivers.

He can stay off Team Canada too.

Edited by jetsniper

Holy shit

Quinn, Lowe, Renney, Tambellini and Katz are all flying out for a face to face meeting with Heatley according to Edmonton radio. Also Messier will apparently call and talk to Heatley as well.

He really has to be an ass if he doesn't agree to play for them after all that.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

was reading on spector's rumors website... on today's Monday August 24th post that like Heatley and other highly charged salary players quote:

"SPECTOR'S NOTE: I've been saying for years the salary cap has made it very difficult now for teams to move high-salaried players, especially late in the off-season/early in the regular season. It's not a coincidence post-lockout the last time a major star was traded in the first half of the regular season - Joe Thornton to San Jose - occurred nearly four years ago. Toss in Heatley's "no-movement" clause and you've got a very small market for his services"

Im sure he might be hinting on this but EXACTLY SPEctor and that's why hopefully the salary cap will put an end to the STUPID salaries! hence get rid of Glenn $later and lookalikes around the league... Only question is HOW????

interesting times in the NHL.... the only thing I would Love to see is Teams coming in and out of the NHL ... yeah your team finished last you get the first pick but you aint playing in the NHL next season nope your in the NHL (B) then not only would you not wanna finish last but you might consider trading the whole team and save your money!! ohh the chaos would be HEAVENLY!!!

was reading on spector's rumors website... on today's Monday August 24th post that like Heatley and other highly charged salary players quote:

"SPECTOR'S NOTE: I've been saying for years the salary cap has made it very difficult now for teams to move high-salaried players, especially late in the off-season/early in the regular season. It's not a coincidence post-lockout the last time a major star was traded in the first half of the regular season - Joe Thornton to San Jose - occurred nearly four years ago. Toss in Heatley's "no-movement" clause and you've got a very small market for his services"

Im sure he might be hinting on this but EXACTLY SPEctor and that's why hopefully the salary cap will put an end to the STUPID salaries! hence get rid of Glenn $later and lookalikes around the league... Only question is HOW????

interesting times in the NHL.... the only thing I would Love to see is Teams coming in and out of the NHL ... yeah your team finished last you get the first pick but you aint playing in the NHL next season nope your in the NHL (B) then not only would you not wanna finish last but you might consider trading the whole team and save your money!! ohh the chaos would be HEAVENLY!!!

Like anyone would actually pay to see a "NHL B" team when 8-10 NHL teams can't turn a profit let alone fill a building.

Like anyone would actually pay to see a "NHL B" team when 8-10 NHL teams can't turn a profit let alone fill a building.

Exactly! imagine how all the teams that suck would be fighting not to finish in the NHL B. Its what happens in all the Major leagues of the Planets Number one sport!

Im a Torino fan and the f^%@ were sent down to serie B this year SUCKS!!!! but on the bright when Im in Italy I can for cheaper tickets.

And it would give a shot for all the Winnipegs Quebec's and Butthole cities to get into the NHL.. Aint gonna happen but it would be AWESOME if it did in my opinion! Natural selection at its best!

Edited by CoRvInA

Exactly! imagine how all the teams that suck would be fighting not to finish in the NHL B. Its what happens in all the Major leagues of the Planets Number one sport!

Im a Torino fan and the f^%@ were sent down to serie B this year SUCKS!!!! but on the bright when Im in Italy I can for cheaper tickets.

And it would give a shot for all the Winnipegs Quebec's and Butthole cities to get into the NHL.. Aint gonna happen but it would be AWESOME if it did in my opinion! Natural selection at its best!

Soccer doesn't have a salary cap.

What would happen in hockey if major markets (and teams with lots of history) like New York, Montreal, Toronto and/or Edmonton get relegated? The NHL would just let them be replaced with the Hull Hungry Hungry Hippos?

Soccer doesn't have a salary cap.

What would happen in hockey if major markets (and teams with lots of history) like New York, Montreal, Toronto and/or Edmonton get relegated? The NHL would just let them be replaced with the Hull Hungry Hungry Hippos?

Absolutely!!! and yes if the two tier league existed im sure the salary cap would be lifted. And Dishonor to the original six that gets sent to a lesser league! I would love that to happen to the laughs and all those unworthy teams such as tampa bay and penguins hogging the top 3 picks

Absolutely!!! and yes if the two tier league existed im sure the salary cap would be lifted. And Dishonor to the original six that gets sent to a lesser league! I would love that to happen to the laughs and all those unworthy teams such as tampa bay and penguins hogging the top 3 picks

I had this dream (ok I was high...) about how I'd like to see hockey in 10-15 years.

The idea was not well received around here ^_^

http://forums.habsworld.net/index.php?showtopic=11764

The Euro soccer model is horrible. For example, only three teams have won the EPL in the last 15 years. That's hardly the sign of a good system. The only reason it works over there is because football (soccer) in by far the top sport. People don't care if their team sucks, it's still a reason to drink and have a good time. Over here, that's not going to work in any sport.

I had this dream (ok I was high...) about how I'd like to see hockey in 10-15 years.

The idea was not well received around here ^_^

http://forums.habsworld.net/index.php?showtopic=11764

Lol wow very drastic my friend but there is good things there... but i wouldnt annul any team right off the bat. but yes id like to see the number of games reduced a bit but lol more like to 70-72 games and .. well this might best in another thread lol!

Lol wow very drastic my friend but there is good things there... but i wouldnt annul any team right off the bat. but yes id like to see the number of games reduced a bit but lol more like to 70-72 games and .. well this might best in another thread lol!

The NHL will never drop games down again unless it is by 1 or 2 max.

Revenue comes from playing games and the Phoenix fiasco should have taught everyone that money is the most important factor in any decision the league makes.

• 3 weeks later...

Heatley trade is final

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=290808

Heatley to San Jose. Michalek, Cheechoo and a 2nd round pick to Ottawa. Not sure about the return but Ottawa certainly backed themself into a corner and probably could've done worse. Pick should probably be a 1st but what're you gonna do. Cheechoo sucks.

Good riddance Heatley, you bum.