Habsworld Official 2009 Free Agent Thread

I know BG really messed up. He improved the centre position, he improved the D.

BG didn't resign a bunch of garbage that hasn't won anything.

Damn you BG.

Yep, can't stand that Brain dead SOB anymore. Fired that moron. We're the laughing stock of the league.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know BG really messed up. He improved the centre position, he improved the D.

BG didn't resign a bunch of garbage that hasn't won anything.

Damn you BG.

there is a world between saying

BG ed up.

and

I'm a cry baby because I didn't get exactly what I wanted.

I must admit I'm most often in the crybaby category. But right now, to avoid falling into deep depression, I took a step back and HECK, we are NOT in the wrong way.

We let walk 10 players.

Those players are STILL available as UFA

we replaced :

Briser, Cube, Schneider, Dandy (total 10M) with ONE player, Spacek, whom we know can play this year, and whom our GM believes he can play 3 more years. Spacek is also better defensively than Schneider, which I strongly believe was the key in that signing.

we upgraded our center and dumped a headcase, at the cost of one promising prospect.

Was it THE center we all wanted? no.

Is he better than ANY center we had since 1998? yes.

we're day one in the UFA market, 4:44 in it.

up to now, there is NO reason to say that Bob ed up.

If we are still like that come november, then yes... I will agree :P

but believe me, just be patient, there is still something like 20M to spend (not counting RFAs)

Well, forget about Laperierre too. Gone to Philly

1.17 a year, apparently no one wanted him at his asking price.

For f&ck's sake though, thats basically the same he was making last year and Sherman still wouldn't re-sign him. Give me a break.

Great signing by Philly though, good luck in Philly Lappy. Guess I can officially remove him from my favourite player list. :(

I like Gill at that price.

Added some toughness on D atleast

Hmm, well Gill was really good in that last games against the red wings in the finals. He really cleared up in front of Fleury.

Now we're talking. Bob impresses me now. This is a huge landing IMO! He has heart and soul. I wanted Havlat or Cammalleri. I was so ticked off and was mad at Gainey and started to lose it. But now it doesn't matter. The Cammalleri signing wiped out the Komisarek loss! Bob redeemed himself with that move.

A Canadian Canadien killer!

YES!

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

Langkow is most likely on the market too if you guys need another C, he played the biggest role in Cammy's 39 goals last year.

It'd be a salary dump too so it probably wouldn't cost much.

I'm gonna be sick. Komi & Beg to the enemy. :puke:

Komi should give us some free goals, like he did to our opponents in 08-09

Retribution, baby

Komi To Toronto :puke:

That lousy bum. LUCIC ! LUCIC ! LUCIC ! chant everytime he touches the puck !

that proves how a classless puke he is.

I didn't know it. I was starting to doubt it.

but from the rumours (ok these are only rumours) I got, it's only a couple 100k more than what the Habs were offering him.

I'm actually happy he is with TO, so that we can HUMILIATE HIM with our speedy forwards (now it's true, we're gonna be damn speedy with Cammalleri and Gomez...)

Beg is all heart though and Julien knows that. Good for him. Too Bad Gainey couldn't recognize that.

Begin is good enough for the eastern conference's best team during the regular season but not for Montreal. Metropolit is much better right ? And costs more...

Edited by Jaysix

Langkow is most likely on the market too if you guys need another C, he played the biggest role in Cammy's 39 goals last year.

I think Bob proved yesterday how much he's willing to pay for a salary dump.

How much does he make? We're running out of capspace ourselves. We need a RW (Kovy) more than we need another centre.

I guess we could give Chipchura + Metropolit or something..... but I don't know if that would satisfy Calgary.

How much does he make? We're running out of capspace ourselves. We need a RW (Kovy) more than we need another centre.

I guess we could give Chipchura + Metropolit or something..... but I don't know if that would satisfy Calgary.

Cap hit of 4.5 a year for another 3 seasons. I'd imagine they'd want a 2nd/3rd line C and probably a 2010 draft pick considering they have no 1st or 2nd round pick next year.

Cap hit of 4.5 a year for another 3 seasons. I'd imagine they'd want a 2nd/3rd line C and probably a 2010 draft pick considering they have no 1st or 2nd round pick next year.

No chance then. I'd hang on to Plekanec and Lapierre over Langkow and that's straight up.