Habsworld Official 2009 Free Agent Thread

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't hate the Leafs like most, i live in Colorado. I actually like the way Burke puts his teams together also.

I basically am a habs fan first. Then i mostly go against alot of teams.

I want Havlat. Hopefully the Hossa signing shuts out Havlat. Gainey can pull a big money contract to cut off other suitors. It's a risk for sure but it's becoming established in this league over the last 4 years to sign cheap and long term. Will Gainey decide to make him a long term player and get a touchdown? There's ups and downs to that deal for the team. I'll still take him though.

Or maybe Bob will sign Tangs or Kovalev or Komisarek(sarcasm) :lol: ...:(

...or someone :?- :contract: :?-

No reason to sign Tanguay now, Gomez is the exact same player. They need a finisher and some D men. If they don't sign Kovalev, then Havlat would be ok. He is the same kind of player.

You can't teach big. Move Pleks and you have that big centre BG wanted. If i am not mistaken he played pretty well for the Rangers last year.

He was the best Ranger as soon as he joined them

And who is witrh Markov on the first. Markov is at his best playingh the left side passing and moving the puck. Spacek can take the Souray / Streit spot.

I know BG really messed up. He improved the centre position, he improved the D.

BG didn't resign a bunch of garbage that hasn't won anything.

Damn you BG.

We haven't officially lost a UFA yet. We have no idea what is going to happen. There are many UFA's out there still. Imagine if Gainey got Havlat or Gaborik or both. The Gainey linching would transform into a habs party real fast.

I'm still waiting for all of the dust to settle!