Habs UFA Thread

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's just a big, huge, epic blunder by Gainey. Coulda signed Komi long-term during the season, now lost him for nothing to a DIVISION RIVAL.

Souray, Streit, Komisarek... Say, which D-man are we losing for nothing next summer?

That's just bad assets management and bad planning. Just bad.

Today was my biggest fear the way the season ended and the media went apeshit.

Allowing Komi to walk for 4.5M? Yet living with Gomez for $7.5M and Cammallari for $6M?

Add in that he let Komi walk for NOTHING.

The last 24 hours have been a nightmare

What are you saying. Apparently Bob offered him 3.5 million per year! What a joke!

I'm sorry, but I will demand Bob's head for this. 4.5 million per year for Komi is NOT overpaid...maybe 1/2 a million too much, but well worth it for a guy who grew up in the organization.

I am DISGUSTED BY BOB!! fv.ck you BOB. I hope you get fired ASAP!!

fv.ck this shit. I'm DONE!! My heart is broken!

$3.5 million was a lot of money for a strictly defensive player like Komi. You also have to take into account that he is worthless when injured. We have seen that in the last season.

His biggest problem was that he could not make a good first pass out of the zone. His typical play was to shout the puck on the boards. In the offensive zone, he was unable to skate along the blue line to open the ice before him. All in all, a courageous player, but besides his body checks, not very talented. Certainly not to be signed at more than $3.5 million.

JMHO

I can't believe soo many of you are happy with this deal. I clearly remember many of us making fun at how slow Gill was when he was with Toronto. All of a sudden he's s solid d-man?? :rolleyes:

This deal is shit and i'm really losing patience with Bob! I'm really not impressed with his signings so far(all right, spacek is OK, but nothing too exciting)!

According to the NHLPA site, Hal Gill has a plus/minus of +69!!! Mike Komisarek is a +13. I'd say that this trade was an upgrade over Komisarek *for the time being.* Unfortunately, Gill is a lot older, but for the time being, it's an upgrade. (And I don't care how slow he is; he obviously plays well, - within his limitations.)

Edited by jackp

Just confirmed, Bob offered Mike $4m a year. When Toronto made it 4.5 Mike wanted $5m from Montreal due to the taxes and Montreal said no.

KOmi at $5m is too much!

Now the Leafs fans get to over hype him...........I never understood the love-in with him (aside from blocking shots) and don't give me the he was a "physical D" crap...I never saw it in him.

Just think now when we smoke the Leafs; I'm hoping Komi's wearing the goat horns............

4.5 million

It's official, Bob dropped the ball.

Yes he did!

The last 24 hours have been a nightmare

I got a feeling the nightmare will last a long time!

Allowing Komi to walk for 4.5M? Yet living with Gomez for $7.5M and Cammallari for $6M?

Add in that he let Komi walk for NOTHING.

:clap::clap::clap:

Edited by Habsfan

According to the NHLPA site, Hal Gill has a plus/minus of +69!!! Mike Komisarek is a +13. I'd say that this trade was an upgrade over Komisarek *for the time being.* Unfortunately, Gill is a lot older, but for the time being, it's an upgrade. (And I don't care how slow he is; he obviously plays well within his limitations.)

Gill is an upgrade over Komisarek?

Now the Leafs fans get to over hype him...........I never understood the love-in with him (aside from blocking shots) and don't give me the he was a "physical D" crap...I never saw it in him.

Just think now when we smoke the Leafs; I'm hoping Komi's wearing the goat horns............

:clap:

Breezy... 62 Games, 5 Goals, 18 points, -3

Komi - 66 Games, 2 Goals, 11 points, even...

so Komi is worth 4.5 million? No way. With that kind of crap offensive production, I expect plus 10 or better. I expect a guy that big to hit people, clear the zone, etc. Too slow. No offence, not good enough defensively, doesn't scare anyone.

Komi has potential, but he was never as good as people want to believe. If he was willing to sign for 3 mill, maybe, but I say.. good luck leafs.

Breezy... 62 Games, 5 Goals, 18 points, -3

Komi - 66 Games, 2 Goals, 11 points, even...

so Komi is worth 4.5 million? No way. With that kind of crap offensive production, I expect plus 10 or better. I expect a guy that big to hit people, clear the zone, etc. Too slow. No offence, not good enough defensively, doesn't scare anyone.

Komi has potential, but he was never as good as people want to believe. If he was willing to sign for 3 mill, maybe, but I say.. good luck leafs.

+1000000

Komi has only 1 good season in Resume (07-08)

He still has a looooooooooooooot to prove

Spacek, Gill and Cammalleri and we lose a D we we were rumoured to offer 5 million a year over 4 years per?

Get out Komi as much as I hate to say it. I'll be even more angry with him if he signed for less years/money than the 4 yr/16 offer we offered him :angry:

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

Yes he did!

I got a feeling the nightmare will last a long time!

I drank the Kool-Aid for 5 years and understood almost every move that Gainey made over that time.

The last 24 hours make no sense to me. Is this team dramatically improved? This team will now live and

die on the development of Carey Price/Kostitsyns/MaxPac/Latendresse.

If those guys don't make the leap, mediocrity will reign

What a slap in the face. Can't believe he'd sell out to one of our biggest rivals. and probably for 500k more per year than to stay in Montreal.

Hey, Komi went to war for us since he first put the jersey on... and he's rewarded with a sort of backhand, after-thought offer a couple of days before becoming a UFA. I'd probably do the same thing: tell my boss to go F himself and sign with a direct competitor so I could shove his face in his shi*t everytime I play him.

The whole "french medias and the fans and the pressure and the taxes" excuses are nothing compared to having a GM who can appear cold and self-sufficient like the best of them.

Sh*t... I would have traded Hamrlik for a bag of pucks just to give his 5.5 to Komisarek.

and don't give me the he was a "physical D" crap...I never saw it in him.

...then you don't know hockey or didn't watch enough games! Ask Joe Thornton, or many other NHLers if he was tough or not!

Just confirmed, Bob offered Mike $4m a year. When Toronto made it 4.5 Mike wanted $5m from Montreal due to the taxes and Montreal said no.

KOmi at $5m is too much!

yeh, that makes more sense than the 3.5M story.

It still hurts though.

KOmi at $5m is too much!

I have to agree. Love the guy ok used to but 5 mill after last season and being Lucic's bitch? no thanks

Hey, Komi went to war for us since he first put the jersey on... and he's rewarded with a sort of backhand, after-thought offer a couple of days before becoming a UFA. I'd probably do the same thing: tell my boss to go F himself and sign with a direct competitor so I could shove his face in his shi*t everytime I play him.

The whole "french medias and the fans and the pressure and the taxes" excuses are nothing compared to having a GM who can appear cold and self-sufficient like the best of them.

Sh*t... I would have traded Hamrlik for a bag of pucks just to give his 5.5 to Komisarek.

I couldn't have said it better myself! I am disgusted!!!

...then you don't know hockey or didn't watch enough games! Ask Joe Thornton, or many other NHLers if he was tough or not!

Bullying smaller guys is not exactly playing physical hockey

yeah I can believe everything you say Thank the Gods Bob is running this team.