Habs UFA Thread

F*** komi he passed on being the habs C, to play for the leafs....for 500 000, bullsh*t...

he didnt what to be a habs, there not a thing bob can do to fix that...

like i said support the guys that what to be here..he was vote in to the allstar game by habs fans not because his that good but because most habs fav love him and he just p*ss in all their faces..

iam so glad i always hate him,it just makes it so much easy for me to boo him now...

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I drank the Kool-Aid for 5 years and understood almost every move that Gainey made over that time.

The last 24 hours make no sense to me. Is this team dramatically improved? This team will now live and

die on the development of Carey Price/Kostitsyns/MaxPac/Latendresse.

If those guys don't make the leap, mediocrity will reign

I just don't know what to say anymore. I am simply disgusted by this!:(

sak, you're too polite, he's going directly to Toronto, he's showing us the finger for some $$ more...

so I'm showing him the finger. No farewell baby. It's another word starting by F that I want to tell him.

Bullying smaller guys is not exactly playing physical hockey

Joe Thornton smaller??? WTF??

So we can now nickname him "COMI" ?? :lol:

Man oh man the rivalry just got a little more intense..................who's selling a pair for the 1st meeting this year?

please answer how you know he could have signed him during the season.

BECAUSE KOMI AND HIS AGENT WERE WILLING TO NEGOCIATE BUT BOB TOLD THEM "NOT DURING THE SEASON"!!!!

ARGH!!!

PleaseresignTanguayPleaseresignTanguayPleaseresignTanguayPleaseresignTanguayPlea

seresignTanguayPleaseresignTanguayPleaseresignTanguayPleaseresignTanguayPleaseres

ignTanguayPleaseresignTanguayPleaseresignTanguay

Hey, Komi went to war for us since he first put the jersey on... and he's rewarded with a sort of backhand, after-thought offer a couple of days before becoming a UFA. I'd probably do the same thing: tell my boss to go F himself and sign with a direct competitor so I could shove his face in his shi*t everytime I play him.

The whole "french medias and the fans and the pressure and the taxes" excuses are nothing compared to having a GM who can appear cold and self-sufficient like the best of them.

Sh*t... I would have traded Hamrlik for a bag of pucks just to give his 5.5 to Komisarek.

How the hell do you accept Gomez for 5 years overpaid by $2-3M, then cheap out on Komisarek for $1M?

$5M a year for a 27 year old defenseman who has not reached his prime and was groomed in your system

is no more absurd than what they gave Gomez or Cammallari?

WTF is going on?

Before everyone starts going apeshit over the supposed "heist" Toronto pulled with Komisarek, let me ask this question.

Does anybody know what Komi "nets" salary wise with his new contract in TO, and how much "gross" would the Habs have to sign him for in order for him to net the same amount in Mtl?

Same thing goes for Cammalleri.

Might this seem like the reason why we look like we've getting fleesed with every deal we do?

Proof is in the pudding gentlemen. I have a feeling you should all stop swearing at Gainey and torching Revenue Quebec.

For example, if Quebec income taxes are 10% higher as compared to other teams, it basically means that we have a salary cap which is 10% less than everyone else in order to compensate for the taxes that players will have to pay out...

Does this make sense??

Edited by Helmethead

I drank the Kool-Aid for 5 years and understood almost every move that Gainey made over that time.

The last 24 hours make no sense to me. Is this team dramatically improved? This team will now live and

die on the development of Carey Price/Kostitsyns/MaxPac/Latendresse.

If those guys don't make the leap, mediocrity will reign

I don't know about us having dramatically improved. But I do think that if we bring back Kovalev, we are a better team on paper than the team 08-09 team (something I thought would be impossible for Bob to do), and I think that the 08-09 team was better on paper than the Conference leading 07-08 team.

So I don't think we needed to improve dramatically. We just need an identity, a system, a team game. With Martin, hopefully we have that.

At the very least, we'll be seeing a NEW group of faces. There is more reason for optimism going into this season than I expected.

hey komi, you still have to face lucic 6 times, and, guess what, bgl will be gunning for you. escape to phoenix while you can.habs should fill the net against the loafs when that pylon is on the ice.

I don't know about us having dramatically improved. But I do think that if we bring back Kovalev, we are a better team on paper than the team 08-09 team (something I thought would be impossible for Bob to do), and I think that the 08-09 team was better on paper than the Conference leading 07-08 team.

So I don't think we needed to improve dramatically. We just need an identity, a system, a team game. With Martin, hopefully we have that.

At the very least, we'll be seeing a NEW group of faces. There is more reason for optimism going into this season than I expected.

I don't even think I want Kov back at this point

we change the face of this team or we dont.

:)

BECAUSE KOMI AND HIS AGENT WERE WILLING TO NEGOCIATE BUT BOB TOLD THEM "NOT DURING THE SEASON"!!!!

ARGH!!!

PleaseresignTanguayPleaseresignTanguayPleaseresignTanguayPleaseresignTanguayPlea

seresignTanguayPleaseresignTanguayPleaseresignTanguayPleaseresignTanguayPleasere

s

ignTanguayPleaseresignTanguayPleaseresignTanguay

uh?

after the last playoffs game, he talked in the past, was the only player to do so. "it was a good time in montreal" etc.

basically saying that he would be gone.

hey komi, you still have to face lucic 6 times, and, guess what, bgl will be gunning for you. escape to phoenix while you can.habs should fill the net against the loafs when that pylon is on the ice.

Don't panic. Gainey hasn't finish his shopping.

dont listen to the tsn guys, montreal problem wasnt the talent on our team last year its was the dressing room..iam not sure what went on..but there is alot of stuff we dont know about.....we need new faces more then anything and thats what we got new face...we got 2 guys with cup ring that know what it takes to win...we got a young goal score, and a good D-man that can play both ends of the ice..not a bad day so far..and the summer just start bob still got all summer to put this team together...we can still trade and still got money to sign guys..

A few notes from me...

Regarding the cap, I'll make a note of it when I write my recap for the day (I'm going to take a holiday from the site one of these days...). I haven't started it yet, so it'll be a few hours.

On the QO's from earlier (I'm too lazy to go back and find these posts, I think it was on Page 3), Aubin, O. Latendresse, and Lacasse were released by the team, they're all UFA's.

I was watching Sportsnet at 6, it was reported that Komisarek wanted $5.5 M to re-sign with Montreal, and took less to go to Toronto. How much of this is Gainey's fault...and how much of it was Komisarek not wanting to come back? When you accept less to go to a rival, it says he probably didn't want to come back after all...

Cammalleri, I haven't seen it mentioned yet, but he's not a bad C, over 50% a couple years ago as a full-time C. I know he's geared to play alongside Gomez, but depending on how things play out, he could be the #2 C for all we know.