My Habs Lineup as of Today

MFT77

The only winger I see playing on the other side is Pacioretty.

Cammalleri-Gomez-Gionta

A. Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Pacioretty

Latendresse-Lapierre-D'Agostini

Stewart-Metropolit-Laraque

S. Kostitsyn & Chipchura

Markov-Weber/Subban

Hamrlik-Spacek

Gorges-Gill

O'Byrne

Price/Halak

:hlogo:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

according to this site ... we dont have much left... roughly over 8 mil.... and we still require to add the RFA $$.... I'm still wishing Kovy decides to accept 3mil and play for one year But hey thats just me

Kovy will ride off into the LA sunset, methinks.

Gomez centres the two new wingers, Gionta and Cammalleri.

I'd think of a shift in A Kosts game and get him playmaking a bit more, maybe try D'agostini on the opposite wing, great release. Plex centres them, could be a disaster defensively though.

Latendresse with Lapierre, afraid of putting Pacioretty on there because he and Latendresse play too similar. Maybe S Kost and Pacioretty in Hamilton, he can still be sent down.

4th line, I trust Metropolit more at ctr than Chipchura, based on his very good finish last year, but would give Chips a last shot in camp to win the job. Wingers, well, Laraque when needed, Stewart same thing, White and Maxwell on some call-ups maybe; be kind of nice to sign Dandy to a much reduced deal and have him play there...health has to be an issue though.

D: Markov-Spacek-Hamrlik-Gorges top four. Hope that Gorges can undo his bad habits under Martin, he has the tools and can pass.

Gill, O'Byrne, Weber / Subban...oh my.

Cata here, just dropping in to say hi.

Been following all the happenings, and i'm quite disappointed. At the moment i just feel like forgetting about hockey and sleeping through the next season.

:(

Somebody convince me otherwise!

Been following all the happenings, and i'm quite disappointed. At the moment i just feel like forgetting about hockey and sleeping through the next season.

Wow, I see why. All the players you list as your favourites are all gonzo. I'd say we're younger, better, faster, stronger, more north american. But, like you, I have mixed emotions.

Easy!

Keep your eyes peeled when the top line is out, that speed, you might miss em if you blink.

When the second line comes on, close your eyes tight...

Cammalleri - Gomez - Gionta

Pacioretty - Plekanec - A Kostitsyn

Latendresse - Lapierre - S Kostitsyn

Stewart - Metropolit - Laraque

D'Agostini, Chipchura

Markov - Spacek

Hamrlik - Gorges

Gill - Weber

O'Byrne

Price - Halak

Pacioretty can play either side according to Timmins.

Also, Kovalev will not be returning, last update was the Penguins called him. Mybe he'd take less to finish where he spent so much of his career (I know Sid would love it!)

Cammalleri - Gomez - Gionta

Pacioretty - Plekanec - A Kostitsyn

Latendresse - Lapierre - S Kostitsyn

Stewart - Metropolit - Laraque

D'Agostini, Chipchura

Markov - Spacek

Hamrlik - Gorges

Gill - Weber

O'Byrne

Price - Halak

Worried if the Plek line doesnt wake up or a more young development philo. is preferred, then this is my alt. Lineup

1) (Pacioretty/D'ags) - Gomez - Gionta

2a) S Kostitsyn - Cammalleri - A Kostitsyn ==> optimize the Kostitsyn's talent... can't afford to be sending any of these two back to Hamilton again

2b) Latendresse - Plekanec - Lapierre

3a) (D'agostini/Pacioretty) - Plekanec - (Metropolit/Laraque)

3b) Latendresse - Lapierre - Laraque/ ==> The L line or French line

*Stewart isnt making the team from the get go... he will start in hamilton

My personal choice would be:

1. The Micro Machines were brought in to play together, that was the whole selling point used by Bob. So:

Cammalleri - Gomez - Gionta.

2. Plekanec & AKost are a duo that can dominate at times. Remember that long road trip when Kovy was sent hom, Plex had just cam back from his suspension. Plex & Kost were on fire. AKost needs to play on the RW to be efficient. Latendresse is ready for some offensive responsabilities, and here he should make the line more complete with defensive awareness, strength along the boards puck-digging and willingness to go to the net. So:

Latendresse - Plekanec - Kostitsyn

3. Lapierre developped into a reliable checking C that can be counted on against any top line C. He also has a developing offensive game. He needs wingers who can backcheck and forecheck. Putting Pacioretty here would relieve him of having to put up points and he could just focus on his game without the puck. On the RW, it's a bit trickier. I'd say make D'Ago & SKost fight for it. So:

Pacioretty - Lapierre - D'Agostini/Kostitsyn

4. Checking line #2 has to play with energy. Metropolit was one of our best players in the playoffs, Stewart is underrated. He is efficient when he keeps things simple. Chipchura will probably be given a last chance, because I believe he'd have to go through entry waivers if the Habs wanted to call him up. He could alternate with Stewart. Laraque would probably want to play regularly and he can if his role is well-defined.

Stewart/Chipchura - Metropolit - Laraque

5. Markov will again be the top man at the blueline. On his right he'll probably end up with Hal Gill. Gill was used against the top lines in the last playoffs, and played on the right side. It's the most logical scenario right now. Markov will take care of the offense while Gill will watch his back.

Markov - Gill

6. Hamrlik is keeping his 2nd pair spot. Hopefully he can rebound. He should be getting fellow country-man Jaroslav Spacek on his right side. Spacek will give the Habs a good 2nd offensive catalyst from the backend, something they sorely missed last year.

Hamrlik - Spacek

7. This is where things get ugly. Habs still have no solid 3rd pair. Gorges was solid early in the season, but after that game where he got nailed twice (and nobody defended him), he's been very iffy. He can go entire games fighting the puck. O'Byrne isnt any better. Both are very prone to mental mistake if under pressure. Martin will go insane. I'd be hoping that some of our prospect D steps up; but our top 3 are astonishingly all the same: Weber, Subban and Carle are all a) right-handed, b) small (5-10, 5-11 and 6-0) and offensive-minded. Weber is the more mature of the bunch, so I'll go with:

Gorges - Weber/O'Byrne

BTW, to whoever asked: yes, Spacek has a great one-timer. He doesnt have a howitzer like Souray or Schneider, but his release is quick and he's a little like Streit in the way that he's more mobile and can offer a better target for one-time setups. I can't wait to see Markov & Spacek work together. 50 pts isnt far-fetched.

7. This is where things get ugly. Habs still have no solid 3rd pair. Gorges was solid early in the season, but after that game where he got nailed twice (and nobody defended him), he's been very iffy. He can go entire games fighting the puck. O'Byrne isnt any better. Both are very prone to mental mistake if under pressure. Martin will go insane.

Despite what reports may say, I still attest that Gorges was concussed on that play... and perhaps even twice throughout the game. Anyone that has suffered a concussion knows that you need weeks of rest before you can recover fully. He never took any time off to recover, and I suspect that is the reason for Josh's lackluster play for the rest of the season. With a summer of rest, I fully expect Gorges to regain his early-season form and be a reliable 3rd pairing D.

Despite what reports may say, I still attest that Gorges was concussed on that play... and perhaps even twice throughout the game. Anyone that has suffered a concussion knows that you need weeks of rest before you can recover fully. He never took any time off to recover, and I suspect that is the reason for Josh's lackluster play for the rest of the season. With a summer of rest, I fully expect Gorges to regain his early-season form and be a reliable 3rd pairing D.

What pissed me most about that game is that not once, but TWICE he gets nailed and NOBODY ever came to his defense.

Un-for-give-able.

Team spirit: You're doing it wrong!

Pacioretty can play either side according to Timmins.

Also, Kovalev will not be returning, last update was the Penguins called him. Mybe he'd take less to finish where he spent so much of his career (I know Sid would love it!)

Pacioretty with Gomez and Gionta on an All-american line ?

Pacioretty the power forward, Gomez the playmaker, Gionta the sniper

If Gomez and Cammalleri are both left handed, then Metropolit has pretty much stayed higher on the depth chart than Chipchura, sadly. Gainey seems to like having a right handed centerman option besides Lapierre, and Chipchura has been demoted twice because of that (I think.) Too bad, cause he really gets the short end constantly. Then again, he's never done enough to absolutely belong on the team.

I do wonder if Plekanec is potentially on the list to be replaced by a big centerman (if possible), mainly because Pleks plays below his size and really disappears in the playoffs. I also think the 2nd line gets taken a bit more seriously with a more stable centerman. Just as an example, which line makes you, as a fan, feel better; Pacioretty - Plekanec - A Kostitsyn, or Pacioretty - Lang - A Kostitsyn?

I really feel that Chips and Weber will be up for most of the year. Weber had a pretty good playoff and I think he will be able to really do well on the PP. I'm also hoping that PK can make it up so we can get rid of O'byre.

As for our size, I think if this was 6 or 7 years ago when they never called the hooks and holding, I would be worried. If the refs call the games like they're suppose to, then I don't think we will have too much of a problem.

It could be worse. We could still have Grabs and have to pay him 2.9m a season. And leaf fans think our GM is crazy.

For all the money Bob spent, the lineup is full of holes.

Concerns

1. The lineup is very small. Especially wtih the loss of Kostoplos. And yes it matters. No matter how much we say it doenst

2. Laraque needs to play every night, or teams like the Bruins, Flyers, Leafs, and most western confrence teams will shove them around and take liberties

3. Is Stewart ready to handle a bigger roll?

4. The Sophomore slump. How will it hit Pacioretty, DAgostini, Weber? Have to figure it hits aleast one or two of them?

5. Chipchura is has not shown that hes an NHLer. HOw can he be expected to play regular 4th line mins?

6. Hows there to step up when the players in 4 and 5 falter? There is nobody in hamilton. Have to expect that at some point these guys struggle.

7. Can Plekanec be an effective #2 centre? Especially now that theres no Kovalev? Scary thought

8. Can Carey Price remain consistent for 60 games?

Keys to the Season

1. Carey Price needs to steal games again

2. Power Play. Spacek needs to revice this unit.

3. Plekanec and the 2nd line providing offense. CONSISTENTLY. Plekanec needs to stop playing like a little girl

4 Obryne stepping up his game. If he proves he can be a top 4 defensemen, things get a whole lot better.

5. Keeping Healthy

u

I dont see great things this season. Too many holes. They may come out flying, but they will struggle by Xmas. Maybe a shot at the 8th spot, but I see more of a 10th place finish, unless Price is their best player consistently

For all the money Bob spent, the lineup is full of holes.

Concerns

1. The lineup is very small. Especially wtih the loss of Kostoplos. And yes it matters. No matter how much we say it doenst

2. Laraque needs to play every night, or teams like the Bruins, Flyers, Leafs, and most western confrence teams will shove them around and take liberties

3. Is Stewart ready to handle a bigger roll?

4. The Sophomore slump. How will it hit Pacioretty, DAgostini, Weber? Have to figure it hits aleast one or two of them?

5. Chipchura is has not shown that hes an NHLer. HOw can he be expected to play regular 4th line mins?

6. Hows there to step up when the players in 4 and 5 falter? There is nobody in hamilton. Have to expect that at some point these guys struggle.

7. Can Plekanec be an effective #2 centre? Especially now that theres no Kovalev? Scary thought

8. Can Carey Price remain consistent for 60 games?

Keys to the Season

1. Carey Price needs to steal games again

2. Power Play. Spacek needs to revice this unit.

3. Plekanec and the 2nd line providing offense. CONSISTENTLY. Plekanec needs to stop playing like a little girl

4 Obryne stepping up his game. If he proves he can be a top 4 defensemen, things get a whole lot better.

5. Keeping Healthy

u

I dont see great things this season. Too many holes. They may come out flying, but they will struggle by Xmas. Maybe a shot at the 8th spot, but I see more of a 10th place finish, unless Price is their best player consistently

Off-season is far from over.

Guys I know Bob said he was finished but he has said that before and pulled a rabbit out of his ass. So I would say let's wait and see, there may be some trades coming cause he is planning on a lot more than just making the playoffs. IMHO

course I still hope and think that kovy may come back. AHHH what the hell do I know. :lol: :hlogo:

Think the priorities would now be:

1) another d-man. Beauchemin ideal but can't afford him, probably have to go the trade route here.

2) a 2nd line ctr with size. This almost certainly has to come through a trade.

I think Bob has had enough of Kovalev and his (side)show. He wants a fresh start to the team. He tried to get him back, but might not be too broken up about him leaving. Also, there is the idea that A Kost plays awful with Kovalev, not shooting but feeding the puck back to him. With a 'pure' sniper as his off-winger, A Kost might try to hold the puck a bit more at times and use his passing skills. Kovalev has been my favourite player to watch for some time now, but there is a new direction, and we have a lot of promise at the wing position (obviously no-one so purely talented as #27).

And they can't really be thinking to play Cammalleri away from Gionta and Gomez??? Stack that top line!

Edited by tokyohabs

I especially like Camallari because he can play wing or centre. I'd like to see...

Gionta Gomez Pacioretty

Kostitsen Cammallari Kostitsen

Latendresse Lapierre D'Agostini

Laraque Chipchura Metropolit

Georges Markov

Hamrlik Spacek

Gill Weber

O'Byrne

On d, I'd like to see Weber given a chance, on 3th pairing and pp. O'byrne could surprise us this year, Martin is an excellent teacher, and he might be able to turn O'Byrne's game around, making us forget all about that backstabbing Komi.You'll notice Plekanic isn't there..he has to work his way back into my lineup after that horrid effort last year. (I know, same could be said about the Kostitsens, but I'm betting on a comeback year for those two.) He might just do that, though, as a more defensive oriented approach might be just what his game needs. I like Pacioretty on the first line with those speedsters bacause he is also fast, plus he could concentrate on hitting everything and getting open while the other 2 handle the puck. I thought Lapierre and Latendresse played really well for us last year, especially in the second half when everyone else was dogging it. They deserve all the ice time they can get. Finally, we have to commit to Chipchura this year, he has to stay with the big team all year if he is to amount to anything, and having him out there on the same line as Metropolit gives us a second centerman in case his faceoff skills are not quite there yet. Have we found a new goaltending coach yet? I think Price will be good this year, I thought he just started to hit his stride last year when the injury struck before the allstar game, and he just wasn't the same after that. All the gloom and doom guys in the media seem to forget that this team is full of promising young players, and a few of them had off years last year. I can't wait for the puck to drop this fall, so we can get a look at our new team. I'm predicting a slow start, but when this team gets 15 or 20 games under its belt, look out!

Edited by hankhab

If Cammalleri ends up as a ctr - a very long shot I think - it would be better balance to split Latendresse and D'Agostini I think.

Pacioretty-Gomez-Gionta

A Kost-Cammalleri-Latendresse

S Kost-Lapierre-D'Agostini

Stewart-Metroopolit-LAraque (or others).

Gives each line a trigger-man, a playmaker-shooter, and a ctr who should be able to pass and so something defensively.

But he'll play with Gomez!