Pick the next Habs' Captain

Psycing

Montreal Candiens' Captain for 2010  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be Captain now that Koivu has departed?

• Markov
    • Gomez
    • Hamrlik
    • Cammalleri
    • Gionta
    • Gill
    • Spacek
    • Lapierre
    • Plekanec
    • -Other
    • -None

IF Lapierre doesn't get an A, i'd lop one onto Gorges. Surprised his name didn't come up yet.

As for Captain, i can't even guess at this point. As a betting man, i'd put money on Gomez.

- Lapierre is the one with the best intangibles and personality. And he's started to get mad and speak up by the end of the season. The knock in his case isnt that he's too young, it's that he only just secured his NHL spot last season. So he doesnt have lot of credibility to back him up. But he's well on his way to become C someday.

- Gomez: agreed with previous comments, too much pressure, but he'd have the best pedigree. I personally think that no new player should get a C. So that excludes Cam, Gio, Spaceman and Le Gros Gill.

- Hamrlik: not the leader type, on or off the ice. Also that thing with the mafia guy, wouldnt want to associate that with the captaincy.

- Laraque: loved by all players, but not enough a regular to be a C

- Markov would be the real leader by example: He's our best player: most consistent, most talented, most productive on a regular basis, part of the elite of the league. We could gamble that Markov has it within himself to break out of his shell, that he is ready to evolve and reach that next level where he's asked to take on a bit more responsibilities.

I think Gomez or Markov will end up with it, because they're the top players on the team.

- Lapierre is the one with the best intangibles and personality. And he's started to get mad and speak up by the end of the season. The knock in his case isnt that he's too young, it's that he only just secured his NHL spot last season. So he doesnt have lot of credibility to back him up. But he's well on his way to become C someday.

- Gomez: agreed with previous comments, too much pressure, but he'd have the best pedigree. I personally think that no new player should get a C. So that excludes Cam, Gio, Spaceman and Le Gros Gill.

- Hamrlik: not the leader type, on or off the ice. Also that thing with the mafia guy, wouldnt want to associate that with the captaincy.

- Laraque: loved by all players, but not enough a regular to be a C

- Markov would be the real leader by example: He's our best player: most consistent, most talented, most productive on a regular basis, part of the elite of the league. We could gamble that Markov has it within himself to break out of his shell, that he is ready to evolve and reach that next level where he's asked to take on a bit more responsibilities.

I think Gomez or Markov will end up with it, because they're the top players on the team.

LOL @ Le Gros Hill nickname !!!

I think Markov could wear the C anywere but in a market like Montreal.

I'm all in favor of a 3 assistants system or a 2 captains system.

agree with Habsfan, there isn't a player worthy of the C right off the start of camp, go with 3 A's and let the captaincy evolve through camp and if necessary into the season, the leaders/followers will emerge.

yup, that's what I think. I would love for mid-season, that person becomes Lappy or Marky though...

I'd say no captain this year. This roster turnover makes it difficult to see who the leaders will really be. If Gomez comes in and gets a 70 or 80+ pt season, give to him.

I wouldn't advocate giving it to Markov. He's far too quiet, and did he even have an A last year? I wouldn't force him out his shell. He's in a comfort zone, so I suggest we leave him alone in it, and don't add pressure. Otherwise we could ruin our best defenceman.

Besides, the francophone fans wouldn't be impressed (no french, not very good english.)

I think it'll be Lapierre, but again, don't load him up with pressure by giving it to him now. Let him play, protect him from the pressure, and when he's ready, let him triumphantly take the C and lead the team. But only when he's ready.

I'd say no captain this year. This roster turnover makes it difficult to see who the leaders will really be. If Gomez comes in and gets a 70 or 80+ pt season, give to him.

I wouldn't advocate giving it to Markov. He's far too quiet, and did he even have an A last year? I wouldn't force him out his shell. He's in a comfort zone, so I suggest we leave him alone in it, and don't add pressure. Otherwise we could ruin our best defenceman.

Besides, the francophone fans wouldn't be impressed (no french, not very good english.)

I think it'll be Lapierre, but again, don't load him up with pressure by giving it to him now. Let him play, protect him from the pressure, and when he's ready, let him triumphantly take the C and lead the team. But only when he's ready.

Makes sense. We dont really know who'll rise up next season. Maybe Plekanec or Kostitsyn will feel now they have more room to breath without the old guys around. Maybe Martin will do to Latendresse what he did to Nathan Horton and get him to reach that legit powerforward level.

sorry everyone, but I'm still a bit dizzy with the complete change in the chemistry of this team.

I'm almost certain the C will be given to Laps, Gommy will get an A and I like the suggestion of Gorges or Markov for an A too.

On a long shot, I'd like Chips to give it a good effort this year. Make the team out of camp and show some leadership; We all know he has it in him to lead and its time for the kids to step up!

Edited by Chips

sign breezy for $100.00 and let him be captain. (and have 3 A's) :lol:

Haha, good one Brisebois :)

In the past we boasted of being full of leadership and having a team of captains. Now I count none in our team lol