Expectations / Predictions

alexstream

I know it's early to do so, but of all 30 teams, we might be the first to be ready and 95% complete for the 09-10 season... lol

So at that point we can start the expectations and predictions.

TEAM

Division :

Habs will finish 2nd to Bruins, I can't see anyone else being better in the division. They all suck.

Conference:

Pittsburgh

Washington

Boston

are my top 3

Philadelphia will definitely finish ahead of the Habs

other than that? it's a lottery from 5 to 10. However I expect the Habs to be closer to 5 than to 10.

My prediction is that the first 20 games will be rough (new coach, new players, etc) but it will gel and we'll have a terrific last 20 games. So we'll start the season at 10 and finish at 5.

Players (only main players) expectations (I'm always optimistic, I'm rounding up numbers though) :

Gomez - 15 goals 60 assists

Cammalleri - 35 - 40

Gionta - 30 - 40

A. Kost - 25 - 25

Plek - 20 - 30

S. Kost - 15 - 25 (starting from s. kost down, I'm expecting those guys to dance on the 2nd 3rd and 4th line... so they will all end up with similar stats)

Lats - 15- 15

Laps - 15 - 15

D'Ago - 15 - 15

Max Pax - 15 - 15

Markov - 10 - 50

Spacek - 15 - 35 (career year playing with "magic markov")

Hamrlik - 5 - 30

Habs 95-100 pts. 45 wins. Price 35 wins.

I'd predict the contrary: A super hot start. Teams will need a couple games each to adjust to our ultra fast snipers team.

I like the fact that Plekanec and A. Kost will have less pressure this year.

I hope to see A. Kost blossom this year as we expected when we drafted him 10th overall in 2003. I expect him to be on the 1st PP wave and finish the year somewhere between 35-40 goals.

Gomez - 15 goals 55 assists

Cammalleri - 25 - 35

A. Kost - 35 - 25

Plek - 20 - 40

Gionta - 25 - 20

We might see 6 or more 20 goals scorers, with many players rotating on the left side of Gomez-Gionta:

Pacioretty, Latendresse, Cammalleri.

I'd predict the contrary: A super hot start. Teams will need a couple games each to adjust to our ultra fast snipers team.

I like the fact that Plekanec and A. Kost will have less pressure this year.

I hope to see A. Kost blossom this year as we expected when we drafted him 10th overall in 2003. I expect him to be on the 1st PP wave and finish the year somewhere between 35-40 goals.

Gomez - 15 goals 55 assists

Cammalleri - 25 - 35

A. Kost - 35 - 25

Plek - 20 - 40

Gionta - 25 - 20

We might see 6 or more 20 goals scorers, with many players rotating on the left side of Gomez-Gionta:

Pacioretty, Latendresse, Cammalleri.

Look for the same style of hockey played in Detroit and alot of it. This team will punish teams that turn the puck over in the neutral zone with quick odd-man rushes being the result. With Martin's noted defensive style there should be more turnovers ahead of the blueline to facilitate this. As usual, the PP will be the bread and butter for this team, and I too predict that AKost will pot at least 30G.

I'll stick with expectations over predictions. I EXPECT A. Kostistsyn to score over 30 goals, possibly 40. I EXPECT the top line to produce points every night. I EXPECT Price will have a good year with few mental slumps. I EXPECT more points from our defencemen, as well as fewer shots hitting Price.

I EXPECT all this, because if they don't happen, it will be a very long season.

We don't need a PK unit anymore with Koivu, Begin and Komi gone... we will have a lot less penalties to kill. that's funny in a sad way.

I'll stick with expectations over predictions. I EXPECT A. Kostistsyn to score over 30 goals, possibly 40. I EXPECT the top line to produce points every night. I EXPECT Price will have a good year with few mental slumps. I EXPECT more points from our defencemen, as well as fewer shots hitting Price.

I EXPECT all this, because if they don't happen, it will be a very long season.

true that. :clap:

Latendresse will turn into Holmström 2.0 playing with Gomez and Gionta.

Latendresse: G-30 A-27 = 57 PIM 119 (taking some "komi"-penalties protecting his linemates) +/- +21

Latendresse: G-30 A-27 = 57 PIM 119 (taking some "komi"-penalties protecting his linemates) +/- +21

him or Max Pax will definitely turn into a top line PF... heck, why not both?

and for anyone ripping Bob for some of his bad trades... I'd like to put that one in your face :

Rivet for

MAX PAX

AND

Josh Gorgeous

nobody on this team is going to be +21 when the season is over

Seems to me that everyone from the new coach, to the new line, to the kids, they all have something to prove! I predict this team will surprise, just as Dr. Bob has surprised us all!

We will finish first! And take it all the way to the final! Anything less will not be a surprise! :lool:

:ghg:

As I said in the other thread, I expect a 5th-8th in the East finish, probably 5th or 6th.

Gomez: 17 goals, 53 assists

Gionta: 31 goals, 33 assists

Cammalleri: 34 goals, 40 assists

Kostitsyn: 25 goals, 28 assists

Spacek: 6 goals, 36 assists

We don't need a PK unit anymore with Koivu, Begin and Komi gone... we will have a lot less penalties to kill. that's funny in a sad way.

Actually I think its hilarious aboot Komi at least, in a good way. Just think that the most penalized team in the NHL just solidified that not changing over the next 4 years. :clap:

The only thing that I'm afraid of is when the Habs make the playoffs. It will probably be 2002 all over again. The Habs had a great team in 02, but like the Habs team right now, they had a lot of small forwards. Unfortunately most teams have dmen that are a lot larger than the new Habs forwards, just like the Cannes dmen in 02 were way larger than the Habs forwards.

It wasnt until the Habs picked up Kovy that they could routinely force the puck out of their own end. So far Kovy is gone and the Habs dont have many other large forwards (Gui, maybe) that are strong enough to physically push the other teams large dmen and the puck over the Habs blue line to clear their zone.

I sure hope that Cammy, Gomey, and Gionty are a lot better at clearing the puck than the small Habs forwards they had in 02. The Habs forwards the last several years havent been overly good at clearing the puck either, but when the other teams dmen were holding the puck at the line they at least had a good chance at pushing the puck over the line.

With 3 small forwards the Habs could have major problems clearing their own zone. I wont be surprised if there are prolonged periods of puck possession by the opposition in the Habs end.

If we don't win the Cup, I predict a lot of backlash over the lack of Francophone players. Particularly with the flip-flop of Captain Glasses, M. Boivin. I like him, but the "We need French players!" and then "....okaywecouldntgetthemsowell Settle for Talent" flip flop was kinda pathetic.

If we don't win the Cup, I predict a lot of backlash over the lack of Francophone players. Particularly with the flip-flop of Captain Glasses, M. Boivin. I like him, but the "We need French players!" and then "....okaywecouldntgetthemsowell Settle for Talent" flip flop was kinda pathetic.

and that is why I have said the non hockey guy should keep his mouth shut and let Bob do his job. Stupid looks good on boivin

:hlogo:

they drafted Leblanc and invited a record 40 prospects at the development camp ONLY 24 of which were drafted by the habs...

I'm guessing most of the 16 others are undrafted Quebec guys...

more than half a dozen players left Hamilton.

who do you think will replace them?

Quebecois.

Boivin will still be covering his ass.

by the end of the process, he'll be able to say that maybe not with the "big team", but that they have more Quebecois that they ever had in the WHOLE organization! ;)

they drafted Leblanc and invited a record 40 prospects at the development camp ONLY 24 of which were drafted by the habs...

Quebecois.

by the end of the process, he'll be able to say that maybe not with the "big team", but that they have more Quebecois that they ever had in the WHOLE organization! ;)

talk about wasting assets, just to bring in guys cause they are quebecois is dumm. IMHO

talk about wasting assets, just to bring in guys cause they are quebecois is dumm. IMHO

oh, that's just a prediction, a mere speculation.

and no, not that dumb dude, it's not wasting assets!!

they are not cutting Chipchura and Subban to make some room.

they just didn't resign a LOAD of no-namers... some of which are homeboys.

If they fill the spots with guys like Danny Masse (kickass UFA QMHLer they signed, also very small though), it 2 in 1. It's trying to have homegrown asset.

Of course don't be foolish, if Sidney Crosby #2 is available, they won't tell him to gtfo! lol. They will welcome him.

I'm just speculating that the roster fillers and echl will not be so much of other provinces decent.

Heck anyways, that's nothing different than Minnesota is doing or Calgary is doing. But over there, no one whines, they say they are proudly stockpiling homeboys... Here we have to start a debate each and everytime, to defend Gainey or Brisebois saying that no, they are not nazi, they will not invade the rest of canada and kill all "les anglos". Why does it have to be different here?

Quebecois.

See Streamer, you shouldnt just speculate out loud about the Habs getting a bunch of Quebs players. There's people out there just waiting to rip on the Habs every time they think of possibly, maybe, perhaps, consider getting a French player.

Remember, if the Habs get a Quebecois, it's never because he's good: it's just because he's Quebecois, and therefore he's worse than any other non-Quebecois they could have got instead.

Sarcasm aside, it's always natural for a team to invite guys from it's backyards on trials. Rather than waste draft picks on them, Habs just invite them to camp.

Heck anyways, that's nothing different than Minnesota is doing or Calgary is doing. But over there, no one whines, they say they are proudly stockpiling homeboys... Here we have to start a debate each and everytime, to defend Gainey or Brisebois saying that no, they are not nazi, they will not invade the rest of canada and kill all "les anglos". Why does it have to be different here?

i agree, absolutely! given 2 players of relatively equal pros & cons ... go with the Quebecois. it just makes sense on SO many levels.

i agree, absolutely! given 2 players of relatively equal pros & cons ... go with the Quebecois. it just makes sense on SO many levels.

Yeah, if you've got a list of 40 undrafted free agents that you're interested in and you have room in camp for X number of them, why not invite mostly local boys? There might be a couple guys you thought about drafting, but once you're into undrafted free agents, there's not a ton of difference between them, so go with the local boys for the most part.

Yeah, if you've got a list of 40 undrafted free agents that you're interested in and you have room in camp for X number of them, why not invite mostly local boys? There might be a couple guys you thought about drafting, but once you're into undrafted free agents, there's not a ton of difference between them, so go with the local boys for the most part.

actually, there are only 16 undrafted invited, from what I understood.

sure don't take much to get you guys riled up must be the silly season, sarcasm is not welcome in habs world :P

personaaly I could care less if they brought in every resident in quebec. who cares.