Expectations / Predictions

alexstream

I'll go way out on a limb here and say the Habs finish with home ice for the playoffs and all the haters praise Gainey.

AK 46 will turn the corner and become the player we envisioned when he was drafted.

Just going to pop that bubble right now...

What bubble?

Me thinks the first line will be great together and that their speed will lead to lots of PowerPlays.

I also think that teams will focus on the #1 line leaving AK to have a huge year.

What bubble?

Me thinks the first line will be great together and that their speed will lead to lots of PowerPlays.

I also think that teams will focus on the #1 line leaving AK to have a huge year.

What bubble?

Those numbers are insane. Do you honestly believe even one of those things will happen?

Gomez, 23 G + 68 A = 91 Pts

Cammalleri, 41 G + 46 A = 87 Pts

Gionta, 34 G + 41 A = 75 Pts

A. Kostitsyn, 31 G + 39 A = 70 Pts

Plekanec, 27 G + 52 A = 77 Pts

Pacioretty, 21 G + 35 A = 56 Pts

Latendresse, 24 G + 28 A = 52 Pts

Lapierre, 17 G + 37 A = 54 Pts

D'Agostini, 20 G + 24 A = 44 Pts

Laraque, 6 G + 18 A = 24 Pts

Metropolit, 10 G + 26 A = 36 Pts

S. Kostitsyn, 14 G + 24 A = 38 Pts

Stewart, 3 G + 15 A = 18 Pts

Markov, 16 G + 51 A = 67 Pts

Spacek, 14 G + 37 A = 51 Pts

Hamrlik, 6 G + 28 A = 34 Pts

Gorges, 3 G + 11 A = 14 Pts

Weber, 9 G + 17 A = 26 Pts

Gill, 2 G + 8 A = 10 Pts

O'Byrne, 1 G + 6 A = 7 Pts

288 Goals.... Giggity. Haha.. maybe being a bit ambitious but oh well.

:hlogo:

What bubble?

The bubble where Gomez surpasses his career best season by 23 points and becomes the Habs first 100 point player since the 80's for one thing. Or the one where the Habs have three 90 point players for the first time since 1975-75. Or the one where we have three 40 goal scorers after not having a single one since 1993-94. Or the one where Kosty becomes only the 8th player in the whole league to pot 50 since the lockout. You have insanely high expectations on these guys.

The bubble where Gomez surpasses his career best season by 23 points and becomes the Habs first 100 point player since the 80's for one thing. Or the one where the Habs have three 90 point players for the first time since 1975-75. Or the one where we have three 40 goal scorers after not having a single one since 1993-94. Or the one where Kosty becomes only the 8th player in the whole league to pot 50 since the lockout. You have insanely high expectations on these guys.

The dreams of summer evenings are the best and very hard to replicate in reality. But dreaming is good and some do come true. Let us hope our new players produce reality and not smoke.

Gomez, 23 G + 68 A = 91 Pts

Cammalleri, 41 G + 46 A = 87 Pts

Gionta, 34 G + 41 A = 75 Pts

A. Kostitsyn, 31 G + 39 A = 70 Pts

Plekanec, 27 G + 52 A = 77 Pts

Pacioretty, 21 G + 35 A = 56 Pts

Latendresse, 24 G + 28 A = 52 Pts

Lapierre, 17 G + 37 A = 54 Pts

D'Agostini, 20 G + 24 A = 44 Pts

Laraque, 6 G + 18 A = 24 Pts

Metropolit, 10 G + 26 A = 36 Pts

S. Kostitsyn, 14 G + 24 A = 38 Pts

Stewart, 3 G + 15 A = 18 Pts

Markov, 16 G + 51 A = 67 Pts

Spacek, 14 G + 37 A = 51 Pts

Hamrlik, 6 G + 28 A = 34 Pts

Gorges, 3 G + 11 A = 14 Pts

Weber, 9 G + 17 A = 26 Pts

Gill, 2 G + 8 A = 10 Pts

O'Byrne, 1 G + 6 A = 7 Pts

288 Goals.... Giggity. Haha.. maybe being a bit ambitious but oh well.

:hlogo:

Actually, if you add up all the goals from all the Players, we get 322 goals. A little high, don't you think?

Actually, if you add up all the goals from all the Players, we get 322 goals. A little high, don't you think?

Yeh, I'd say he was ^_^

Gomez 32 Goals, 75 assists

Camms 48 Goals, 45 Assists

Gionta 41 Goals, 51 Assists

A. Kost 50 Goals, 39 Assists

I dont think thats an expectation but a wishful thinking prediction. All the numbers are high.

I've been saying for 2 years now that the AK's shouldnt play together and apparently my wish has come true. Only I didnt necessarily want Kovy gone. Now that Kovy is gone A Kosts should highly increase his goal totals. Kovy was really holding A Kosts back offensively because A Kosts a lot of times would pass to Kovy instead of scoring himself.

Although I do think A Kosts could possibly get 50 G in a season I dont think it will be next year and it would probably be a career high year for him if he does ever does get 50. I could easily see him getting 30+ regularly and around 40+ when he has a great year. Martin needs to start getting him to shoot more, especially 1 timers. I swear he never practiced 1 timers at all last year even when Carbo had him on the point on the PP. It seriously looked ridiculous, and it shouldnt have because he has a sweet shot. If A Kosts is put in more situations where he has to shoot it will cause more goals. A Kosts has 1 of the best shots on the Habs, with or without Kovy. Kovy shot is more accurate, but A Kosts release I think is faster.

How are you correcting something I didn't even bring up in my post?

because :

Yeah, if you've got a list of 40 undrafted free agents that you're interested in and you have room in camp for X number of them, why not invite mostly local boys? There might be a couple guys you thought about drafting, but once you're into undrafted free agents, there's not a ton of difference between them, so go with the local boys for the most part.

because :

Yeah, if you've got a list of 40 undrafted free agents that you're interested in and you have room in camp for X number of them, why not invite mostly local boys? There might be a couple guys you thought about drafting, but once you're into undrafted free agents, there's not a ton of difference between them, so go with the local boys for the most part.

The 40 was just a random number. I guess you thought I used it because there were 40 people invited to camp? (So maybe 40 was on my mind and it ended up not being random). My point was that if the team had a list of undrafted players there were looking at, it was unlikely they rated them much differently, so there's no reason not to select primarily local guys.

Gomez surpasses his career best season by 23 points and becomes the Habs first 100 point player since the 80's for one thing. Or the one where the Habs have three 90 point players for the first time since 1975-75. Or the one where we have three 40 goal scorers after not having a single one since 1993-94. Or the one where Kosty becomes only the 8th player in the whole league to pot 50 since the lockout.

Hehe, that was an inspiring read. Now, I have had a few experiences where I wrote things down, focused on it with a lil conscious awareness, and it came to be in the 'future'.

So I love.

Nice post Drive :P

:clap:

I read about the komi thread that was closed ... rightfully so, for the content was very off the poster`s original purpose, Yet I want to redirect it to what I think might be the deal breaker for the next season.

Komi very much hinted that he was going elsewhere at the very end of the season, and i don`t think it was because of him being pissed at anyone on the team. If so he had enough time to rethink with all the new signings. What pissed Komi and (deducted from his comments on Burke's added toughness in TO) was the lack of toughness and balls in the team.

Therefore. my expectations and predictions are centered more on "Hopeful" expectations. That this team sooner or later decides on what it is.

Is it a talented and stay away from physical play and grit team? Or on the contrary it wants to become one.

Case example if Laraque wasnt playing or he was not on the ice it was always left to Komi to deal with (even tif the Coach told Mike not to). and I think thats what screwed up Komi's game last year and he realized that he wasnt going to progress as a player if he had to handle more than his limit and at the same time be told to lay low!

So the question to me and us is still... what kind of team are we? What makes a tough team?... what makes a team like Carolina that has no pugilistic players worthy of surpassing the Bruins? and do have gritty players today?.... I've read that Gionta and Gomez are pests when need be, Cammalieri showed he has a mean bone with his Havlat cheap shot. YET they come from teams full of toughness. and they knew someone was gonna protect their behind if need be. Will we have that?

"pseudo"toughness minus: Begin, Kosto, Komi, Koivu, Bouillon

"pseudo" weaklings minus: Dandy, Kovy, Tanguay,

To answer I'll say they are much tougher.

Spacek is a tough 1 on 1 player, decent size.

Gil, Big tough stay at home D man

Mara, see Spacek but stands up for his team mates

Gomez and Gionta do drive the net and play hard, thye are smaller. They are tougher then Tangauy and Kovalev that's for sure.

Cammallari plays in the high traffic areas, not much of a forechecker, his speed kills.

Stewart Metropolit Laraque i am assuming is the 4th line. Stewart will stand up for team mates, good speed and forechecking.

Laraque needs to lose some weight, come into camp in shape wanting to play minutes. He needs to stand up for team mates.

As i said on another post, i think the days of Price getting runover, then the habs players skating away with there tail beween there legs is over.

Mara, Spacek, Gil sometimes Hamrlik and Gorges will stand up for the goalie.

Are you guys aware the ONLY player who dropped hisd gloves last year after Price was run is Brisbois". Sad wssn't it.

To answer I'll say they are much tougher.

Spacek is a tough 1 on 1 player, decent size.

Gil, Big tough stay at home D man

Mara, see Spacek but stands up for his team mates

Gomez and Gionta do drive the net and play hard, thye are smaller. They are tougher then Tangauy and Kovalev that's for sure.

Cammallari plays in the high traffic areas, not much of a forechecker, his speed kills.

Stewart Metropolit Laraque i am assuming is the 4th line. Stewart will stand up for team mates, good speed and forechecking.

Laraque needs to lose some weight, come into camp in shape wanting to play minutes. He needs to stand up for team mates.

As i said on another post, i think the days of Price getting runover, then the habs players skating away with there tail beween there legs is over.

Mara, Spacek, Gil sometimes Hamrlik and Gorges will stand up for the goalie.

Are you guys aware the ONLY player who dropped hisd gloves last year after Price was run is Brisbois". Sad wssn't it.

That incident I almost forgot!! Or maybe I wanted to forget that!

I remember feeling so upset... even more... I felt nausea.. I was scared to admit that right there was the truth unfolding... I would have accepted that the team got three players ejected for ganging up on that player! This was/is a future franchise goalie for heaven's sake!

Yeah I think my subconscience decided to omit that memory... :P

I think so too In terms of toughness, I just sure hope so!

I read about the komi thread that was closed ... rightfully so, for the content was very off the poster`s original purpose, Yet I want to redirect it to what I think might be the deal breaker for the next season.

Komi very much hinted that he was going elsewhere at the very end of the season, and i don`t think it was because of him being pissed at anyone on the team. If so he had enough time to rethink with all the new signings. What pissed Komi and (deducted from his comments on Burke's added toughness in TO) was the lack of toughness and balls in the team.

Therefore. my expectations and predictions are centered more on "Hopeful" expectations. That this team sooner or later decides on what it is.

Is it a talented and stay away from physical play and grit team? Or on the contrary it wants to become one.

Case example if Laraque wasnt playing or he was not on the ice it was always left to Komi to deal with (even tif the Coach told Mike not to). and I think thats what screwed up Komi's game last year and he realized that he wasnt going to progress as a player if he had to handle more than his limit and at the same time be told to lay low!

So the question to me and us is still... what kind of team are we? What makes a tough team?... what makes a team like Carolina that has no pugilistic players worthy of surpassing the Bruins? and do have gritty players today?.... I've read that Gionta and Gomez are pests when need be, Cammalieri showed he has a mean bone with his Havlat cheap shot. YET they come from teams full of toughness. and they knew someone was gonna protect their behind if need be. Will we have that?

"pseudo"toughness minus: Begin, Kosto, Komi, Koivu, Bouillon

"pseudo" weaklings minus: Dandy, Kovy, Tanguay,

i do believe you have your answer with today's signings and the question is now moot

i do believe you have your answer with today's signings and the question is now moot

Agreed the signing add toughness and therefor answers that the team will adopt a "tough" aspect, rather than pure skill. Yet the expectation part still is there, just like last year we had a tough team on paper and on paper this next season Mara and Moen replace a (komi and Kostop) So my question will the rest of the team understand what toughness means?

Looking through youtube videos on mara and moen.... see when Moen gets into a fight alot of times he has to first fight off his own teamates to get to the player he wants to pound on!

That my friend has not been answered yet!

Edited by CoRvInA

Agreed the signing add toughness and therefor answers that the team will adopt a "tough" aspect, rather than pure skill. Yet the expectation part still is there, just like last year we had a tough team on paper and on paper this next season Mara and Moen replace a (komi and Kostop) So my question will the rest of the team understand what toughness means?

Looking through youtube videos on mara and moen.... see when Moen gets into a fight alot of times he has to first fight off his own teamates to get to the player he wants to pound on!

That my friend has not been answered yet!

I personally can't think of a guy on last years team that would fight off his team mates to pound someone. God that is going to be a change. Lets go to the gahdens now dammit. :lol: :hlogo:

Not just a little grit, though. Moen is a killer and a very good hockey player, in his limited way. I was always uncomfortable with Kostopolous on the third line but Moen fits there easily.

Mara is big and while not so physical, as mentioned stands up for people. Gill is not a great player by any stretch but big enough to make people think twice.

Add a Stewart on the team, and maybe a healthy Laraque, and our King Rat Lapierre, with the way Gionta drives hard, Pacioretty and Latendresse...suddenly looking a lot better than the 'three smurfs' comments bandied around the last few days.

I'm upping my expectations from "5-8 seed in the East" to "challenger for home ice." Slight difference.

My prediction, Travis Moen lay's the wood to Komisarek, totally drills him. In doing this, he becomes our Lucic, and forever has Komi's number!!

My prediction, Travis Moen lay's the wood to Komisarek, totally drills him. In doing this, he becomes our Lucic, and forever has Komi's number!!

I would love that. I absolutely hated Komi on that stupid TSN show with that clown "Mr. Landsburg"

Edited by hab29RETIRED