Ultimate fans effort to bring back Kovalev

alexstream

Dont say I'm making arguement where there was nothing before.

In this thread, though? Aren't you one of the ones who hates it being brought up in every thread?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In this thread, though? Aren't you one of the ones who hates it being brought up in every thread?

Oh, if you were only referring to this thread, than yeah I can see your point.

Still, I can't understand "players fans" that just can't live without them, can't admit their faults, will go as far as to make a rally or say the team or town "didnt deserve them". That's rubbish. I've been a fan of many players, but my loyalty always been to the team first. I might be a cold heartless pragmatic utilitarian, but once a player isnt a benefit to the team anymore (which means being able to notice it in the first place), or someone else would do better; I'll have no second thoughts dumping them aside. When Damphousse had slowed down, and the Habs werent making the playoffs, and we could get something for him; all the good memories flew out the window. At least we didnt lose him for nothing.

I'll only dwell on players that could actually still help us more than what we have. Like Ribs. Or Krajicek.

Gainey has said this morning that Kovalev wasnt coming back.

case closed.

Well, I'm getting a Kovy jersey then :clap:

70% off at the Canadiens store

That's good if he's not coming back, I think he was definitely part of the problem and not the solution for this team last year. Sincerest thanks for the memories, good luck to him wherever he goes. This team needs hard workers and not part-time artists, especially with the vets who are expected to set the tone.

the situation in habsland is perfect for a second line kovy... kovy just needs to accept less $ and we get the second line PP unit we dont have now... Kovy playing 15 min a game is perfect for his age.... yet I believe it would be even more spectacular if we get him back at trade deadline this coming season... just before playoffs... sweeeettt it would be!

But mark my words... he will play amazingly great against us!

I can already hear the crowd chanting his name as he skates for the oponents team.... Kovy Kovy!!

Even Norman Flynn agrees with me.. Kovy would have been ideal for the second line

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/277681.html

sorry but I don't want him at 5 million so So long Kovy don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Its fans like you that SICKEN me. He brought life to the Canadiens organization when NOBODY would come as a free agent, he served our team since 2002 and this is your way of thanking him? Lets face it...we werent a cup contender not even one year he was here. We had one fairy tale season and that was it. It was truly a thrill to watch him dangle oppositions on a nightly basis and lead this team when Saku couldn't carry the weight of this team on his own shoulders. Thank You Alex, You will be missed by the Canadiens organization and the fans. I would like to wish you good luck with Ottawa, but that would be betraying my team.

And it's Kovalev's attitude/play (those "off" games he had.......seems like there were more of them than on games) that SICKEN most fans here........overpaid for the actual games he showed up for.

Its fans like you that SICKEN me. He brought life to the Canadiens organization when NOBODY would come as a free agent, he served our team since 2002 and this is your way of thanking him? Lets face it...we werent a cup contender not even one year he was here. We had one fairy tale season and that was it. It was truly a thrill to watch him dangle oppositions on a nightly basis and lead this team when Saku couldn't carry the weight of this team on his own shoulders. Thank You Alex, You will be missed by the Canadiens organization and the fans. I would like to wish you good luck with Ottawa, but that would be betraying my team.

+1 :clap:

And it's Kovalev's attitude/play (those "off" games he had.......seems like there were more of them than on games) that SICKEN most fans here........overpaid for the actual games he showed up for.

Most fans here? Kovalev's the most popular athlete in the city.

His consistency is overdiscussed. He played as many good games last season as Koivu did. They're equally inconsistent, both play hard, both do a lot of charity work for the city and both have tons of fans in Montreal. Yet one is a role model and even a hero (because he had cancer - I can't think of a worse reason to be adored) while the other is supposedly selfish and lazy. :puke:

Kovy's as much a hero as anyone else the Habs have had in the past decade.

62 pts in 76 games is not bad at all

2nd best season as a habs

Much better than overpaid Koivu anyway............

He Had 65 points in 78 games. I must admit that Kovy could be frustrating on some nights, but overall, i do not regret the fact that he played for the habs. He was spectacular to watch and we hadn't seen that in Montreal in a very long time!

I would just like to point out that Kovy played 314 regular season games for the Habs and got 264 Points (0.84 points per game)

However, in the playoffs, he was much more dominant. 33 games played and 31 points. (0.94 points per game)

So long Kovy. It would have been nice to have you with the Habs next year, but not at 5 million per year.

Edited by Habsfan