What's the real reason Mike Komisarek left?

REV-G

I think major changes needed to be made after this past season, but the swiftness and numbers of changes caught me by surprise. Out of all the players that were traded or just released, for me, the most disappointing and surprising was Mike Komisarek.

So I'd like to ask the question, what is the real reason why Komisarek left. The options seem to be: 1. It was simply for the money. 2. He didn't like the organization. 3. He didn't like the way the fans booed him at times. 4. He reacted to Higgins being traded. 5. He didn't like some of his teammates. 6. He didn't like the direction Gainey was going with the coaches and changes that had been made. 7. Because he was made to wait so long for an offer he decided to test the market and decided to go with the best offer.

It can't be because of how he was treated, because from what I could see he was treated with great respect. In fact when he was injured he was the only player I remember being allowed behind the bench. Instead I think it was two things. I think he was a bit insulted that he had to wait so long for an offer from Bob Gainey. And he knew changes were coming so when Chris Higgins was traded, and maybe he also heard of some of the other possible changes, he decided to be proactive and when the offers came he was wooed away with a richer offer and maybe a good selling job.

I think this season will be fun and exciting to watch with so many new faces, both among the coaches, players and rookies. But I'd still like to know why Mike Komisarek left us for the Leafs! Who can figure??

He didn't want to play for the habs anymore.

If you noticed, all the players who were supossedly leaders over the past few yearsare all off next year's team. Coincidence, i don't think so.

Bob was waaaay too late with the offer of a contract extension, which Komi would have certainly signed one year ago or during last season. So, here is a stubborn, dumb policy that has enabled other teams to poach our assets. Thanks to mismanagement, there goes a top ten pick for nada.

Bob was waaaay too late with the offer of a contract extension, which Komi would have certainly signed one year ago or during last season. So, here is a stubborn, dumb policy that has enabled other teams to poach our assets. Thanks to mismanagement, there goes a top ten pick for nada.

Exactly what I was thinking. The fact that Bob refused to negotiate with him last year, rubbed Mike the wrong way. He also knew that it was just a matter of time before Higgins would be traded, so he let himiself be sweet talked by Burke. Also, let's not forget that he will be earning 22.5 million$ over the next 5 years! Nothing to spit at!

Exactly what I was thinking. The fact that Bob refused to negotiate with him last year, rubbed Mike the wrong way. He also knew that it was just a matter of time before Higgins would be traded, so he let himiself be sweet talked by Burke. Also, let's not forget that he will be earning 22.5 million$ over the next 5 years! Nothing to spit at!

I have a hard time believing that Bob would've offered Komi anything under $4M/season, so I think the "took the money" argument is null and void. He is a young guy and signed for 5 years which is certainly not a lengthy term and not for crazy dough like people expected leading into free agency.

Bob dropped the ball on this one as well as many others, but in particular with Komi. The folks around here defending his moves are running out of ammo I'm afraid, because there is no reason he should've been allowed to walk to a division rival for a 5yr deal under $5M/per season. Brian Burke is in his office laughing at this franchise right now no doubt.

I have a hard time believing that Bob would've offered Komi anything under $4M/season, so I think the "took the money" argument is null and void. He is a young guy and signed for 5 years which is certainly not a lengthy term and not for crazy dough like people expected leading into free agency.

Bob dropped the ball on this one as well as many others, but in particular with Komi. The folks around here defending his moves are running out of ammo I'm afraid, because there is no reason he should've been allowed to walk to a division rival for a 5yr deal under $5M/per season. Brian Burke is in his office laughing at this franchise right now no doubt.

I remember making a note in the UFA thread when he signed - reports suggested he turned down more from the Habs, so they did indeed offer more than 4M per season. I've also read since that he turned down the same offer that he took with Toronto. My view, he wanted out, plain and simple.

Players get to pick where they want to go when they become unrestricted. By all counts, quite a few teams spoke with Mike. Could it possible just be because he did not want to live/play in Montreal anymore? Maybe he was tired of smoked meat sandwiches.

Because Burke is the American 2010 Olympic GM and Komi want to suck his balls to make the team.

Yeah, the guy in your sig is a real ******* ^_^

Because Burke is the American 2010 Olympic GM and Komi want to suck his balls to make the team.

Good point. It might actually be part of the reason.

get over komi, he is now the maple laughs punching bag for luCHICK. Komisarek was the biggest of hitters when it came to smaller players, he would tussle with the best of the light/middle weights but wouldn't dare mess with anyone that would actually drop the gloves without hesitation.

He was figured out pretty quick, and once it became common knowledge throughout the league that he was more bark than bite, the Habs became that much more disrespected. Isn't it odd that a team with a 6 '4 250 monster got bullied every night so much so that they had to go over pay for George and two years to late?

He never had to be a goon, he just needed to be tough enough to be the second toughest guy night in night after the other teams 2 minuntes/night goon. He never was tough and never will be, just watch him in TO, he will face wash with the best of them once the refs arrive, but won't dare man up and send a message. Komi will be introduced to what it takes to be tough by watching Luke Schein operate.

Another wasted draft pick, nice going Habs.

Good point. It might actually be part of the reason.

Wilson is the USA coach as well.

Talk about a lock for that roster huh?

get over komi, he is now the maple laughs punching bag for luCHICK. Komisarek was the biggest of hitters when it came to smaller players, he would tussle with the best of the light/middle weights but wouldn't dare mess with anyone that would actually drop the gloves without hesitation.

He was figured out pretty quick, and once it became common knowledge throughout the league that he was more bark than bite, the Habs became that much more disrespected. Isn't it odd that a team with a 6 '4 250 monster got bullied every night so much so that they had to go over pay for George and two years to late?

He never had to be a goon, he just needed to be tough enough to be the second toughest guy night in night after the other teams 2 minuntes/night goon. He never was tough and never will be, just watch him in TO, he will face wash with the best of them once the refs arrive, but won't dare man up and send a message. Komi will be introduced to what it takes to be tough by watching Luke Schein operate.

That is why the Leafs signed Colton Orr for four years at half the salary of BGL. Komi isnt needed to drop the mitts he just needs to play his defensive game solidly and protect the net. He wasnt signed to score 40pts and never will be expected to.

That is why the Leafs signed Colton Orr for four years at half the salary of BGL. Komi isnt needed to drop the mitts he just needs to play his defensive game solidly and protect the net. He wasnt signed to score 40pts and never will be expected to.

He sure was good at protecting the net every time LuCHICK was on the ice, at least now we know the Habs don't have a regular to neutralize LuCHICK, Komi was and was always going to be nothing but false hope.

BEcause Big George refused to drop the gloves to lay down the law. Nobody ever said Komisarek was supposed to be an enforcer, that job was kinda dumped in his lap because he was the biggest guy on the team. I clearly remember watching games where Komisarek had to grab two different opponents at the same time to stop one of his own team mates from getting his head caved in.

Just goes to show that just because people are habs fans doesn't mean they know anything about hockey! :rolleyes:

He sure was good at protecting the net every time LuCHICK was on the ice, at least now we know the Habs don't have a regular to neutralize LuCHICK, Komi was and was always going to be nothing but false hope.

Buddy, quit trolling and find something else to do.

BEcause Big George refused to drop the gloves to lay down the law. Nobody ever said Komisarek was supposed to be an enforcer, that job was kinda dumped in his lap because he was the biggest guy on the team. I clearly remember watching games where Komisarek had to grab two different opponents at the same time to stop one of his own team mates from getting his head caved in.

Just goes to show that just because people are habs fans doesn't mean they know anything about hockey! :rolleyes:

Buddy, quit trolling and find something else to do.

Komisarek was soft, get over your flamming man crush forum tough guy.

Komisarek was soft, get over your flamming man crush forum tough guy.

This guy has 15 posts and already he's trolling. Could a mod do something about him!

Do we really need these kinds of people here?

This guy has 15 posts and already he's trolling. Could a mod do something about him!

Do we really need these kinds of people here?

do you always run to the mods when someone doesn't agree with you, typical from people like you.

Ok guys quit it. seriously don't bring it to a personal level and don't intentionally try to piss a fellow poster off.

Some liked Komi, some didn't. No need for a war between fans and non fans. Go back on topic.

What's the real reason behind his departure?

do you always run to the mods when someone doesn't agree with you, typical from people like you.

It might be because there is a difference in "not agreing" and "throwing opinions at a player just to diss him and not bringing any fact to back it up"...

I do not discuss with immature people who have nothing good to bring to the forum!